Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Republican Sens. Rand Paul and Dean Heller on Thursday both denounced as �offensive� and �racist� Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy�s recent comments about African-Americans.

�His remarks on race are offensive and I wholeheartedly disagree with him,� Paul said in a statement, according to Business Insider.
Continue Reading
Text Size

-
+
reset

Latest on POLITICO

Israel halts talks with Palestinians
Loesch: Bundy not 'media trained'
Longoria backs 'Voto Hispano' film
Colorado '16 poll: Paul beats Clinton
PAC backs pro-gay rights GOPers
Krauthammer: 'This is lawlessness'

�Senator Heller completely disagrees with Mr. Bundy�s appalling and racist statements, and condemns them in the most strenuous way,� Heller spokeswoman Chandler Smith said in a statement.

Both Paul and Heller have previously defended Bundy, the Nevada rancher who is in a standoff against the federal government. Heller has referred to his supporters as �patriots.�

(Also on POLITICO: Rand Paul makes a muddle)

But on Thursday, The New York Times reported Bundy using the word �Negro� and wondering if blacks were better off as slaves.

�They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton,� Bundy said over the weekend, according to the Times. �And I�ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn�t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.�

Appearing on �CBS This Morning� on Thursday, Texas Gov. Rick Perry said he hadn�t seen Bundy�s comments. The Republican called Bundy a �side story� in the greater issue of how the federal government deals with public and private land.

Fox News host Greta Van Susteren on Thursday released a statement on her official blog: �Let me make this plain: I condemn what Cliven Bundy said about African Americans.� Van Susteren has devoted significant time on her program to the Bundy issue, interviewing both Paul and Carol Bundy, Cliven�s wife.

(Also on POLITICO: Bundy and BLM: 10 things to know)

�Morning Joe� co-host and former GOP Rep. Joe Scarborough on his program Thursday morning slammed Bundy and Republicans who have embraced him. He said that Bundy is demanding �a right that no other rancher in America has.�

The host appeared to be equally upset with conservatives that have championed Bundy over the course of the past few weeks. �There�s nothing conservative about this man,� Scarborough said. �This is where nihilism about the federal government gets you in trouble every time.�

Comparing Bundy to George Zimmerman, Scarborough continued: �They basically pick their friends based on who their �enemies� are. In this case, a lot of people in conservative media have raced to this guy�s defense. They must be feeling very exposed this morning.�

Mo Elleithee, communications director for the Democratic National Committee, took to Twitter to criticize Paul for what he thought was a slow response. �So @SenRandPaul took 12 hours to condemn Bundy�s racist rant. 12 hours. I dunno about him, but my outrage was pretty instant,� Elleithee wrote.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/04/rand-paul-dean-heller-cliven-bundy-105982.html#ixzz2zouCoOui

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Obviously, really damned dumb.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I mean, there are a lot of folks who supported him in this go-round, by driving a lot of miles on their own dimes to take the chance of being shot by their own government with equipment paid for by their own tax dollars. There are furthermore, a lot of us who tacitly supported him by simply saying the government was "more wrong" and also some politicians like Rand Paul who supported him basically, in the same manner. Now he apparently comes out with remarks bound to paint him as racist. I couldn't care less about Bundy's own beliefs, but why would he even share them with the public? They don't impact his situation with his cows on public land a bit that I can see and the media will make sure they reflect on all his "supporters".

I have nothing against him using the word "negro" as I see nothing at all offensive about it. You know what is coming from the media though and they're already smearing Rand Paul with it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 4ager
Obviously, really damned dumb.

This.

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What on God's green earth prompted him to blabber about that?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He said basically the same things Phil Robertson did. Only people like Phil, and Phil can get away with it.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
What on God's green earth prompted him to blabber about that?
I don't know. I wouldn't doubt some reporter provoked it but still, how effing stupid can a guy get? If somebody wants to make inflammatory remarks that get the PC crowd all twisted up, that's fine, but when he's got a bunch of people who helped him out and it reflects on them, that's a different thing entirely.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's a free country and the man is entitled to say what he wants. Why do politicians always see the need to interject their 2 cents into this sort of stuff?

Honestly, who cares if Bundy wants to say something stupid and make an ass of himself, he's the one that has to live with it.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
He won't design the next generation space shuttle.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
lolol

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
It's a free country and the man is entitled to say what he wants. Why do politicians always see the need to interject their 2 cents into this sort of stuff?

Honestly, who cares if Bundy wants to say something stupid and make an ass of himself, he's the one that has to live with it.
Rand Paul and Ted Cruz are probably our two best shots at rolling back some of the [bleep] that's happened the past four years. I assume Bundy couldn't control Paul coming out in support of him, basically, but Paul is a powerful player in the government and he did. Then Bundy says a bunch of needless stuff that reflects poorly on Rand. It's simply rude and ill-thought, not to mention needless. I guess Bundy thought his supporters were just a bunch of ignert Kluckers.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
He better hurry up and make another video of himself riding a horse and carrying the Flag.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Isaac got it right the first day. Dude should've lawyered up and shut his pie hole.

Grade A retard, thief and welfare queen.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
His comments on .gov subsidy are almost funny when you consider the subsidies, tax exemptions, and discounted fuel the .gov provides for farmers and ranchers.

Heck, ol' bundy doesn't pay his grazing fees, or a penny in property tax (because he owns no land).

I think the old guy just wants his five minutes of fame, before he tips over.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I said from the start the guy needed a spokesman.

That said, we really have to get over this idea in this country that rights are only for people we like.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I see absolutely nothing wrong with his remarks.

First, "negro" is Spanish for the color black. When I had a gem business I dealt with a number of Hispanics who always referred to me as El Negro Sombrero because my business name started off with Black Derby. If Paul and others find that racist they are ignorant.

Second, as to whether or not the majority of blacks were better off as slaves to white plantation owners and black freemen they probably were. The new slave masters on Capital Hill and the White Plantation House on the Potomac haven't done them any favors and have made their lives overall worse. Our slave masters on the Hill haven't done us white folks any favors either. Based on the article I would say Bundy is right and not a racist.

I would say Paul and others are looking for whatever cover they can find because they have gotten the word from on high and have become targets themselves.

My flame proof shorts are on.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He can't act on his opinion, but he is entitled to it!

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Bundy has become an attention whore, who is happy to let others come in and bleed for his arrogance.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I said from the start the guy needed a spokesman.

That said, we really have to get over this idea in this country that rights are only for people we like.

But Hannity said...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Bundy and Reid are both greedy arrogant pricks. Reid just on a grand scale.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (35, 444Matt, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 8 invisible), 1,514 guests, and 785 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,303
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.