Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Maybe he knew Clayton Williams, another bright bulb...

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Bundy has always needed two things in this fight.

1) A Good Lawyer

2) A Spokesman

He's not the only one to shoot himself in the foot with his mouth in all this.... Sheriff Mack did a good job as well.

No matter what the context or intent of statements made in the presence of the media, one must realize that they WILL spin it to THEIR advantage, and if you were taken out of context, or misquoted, by the time people figure out what you really meant, it is too late.

There was no need for a daily press conference in the first place.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by agazain
Maybe he knew Clayton Williams, another bright bulb...

Cost him the governor's race. He had it in the bag til that campfire comment.... And he just handed that office to the worst governor since Mark White.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Tarkio

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind next time I fill up. Mind if I refer them to you when I am detained to explain my actions?

If that happens, you did it wrong and I can't help you.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Raeford
Cable does not reach my abode. But there are these things called sat-el-ites that beam that shizzle right into my house. I know I know, it's scary.

I'm quite certain you guys don't have access to that sort of technology.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

No matter what the context or intent of statements made in the presence of the media, one must realize that they WILL spin it to THEIR advantage, and if you were taken out of context, or misquoted, by the time people figure out what you really meant, it is too late.

Here we go again...

Unfortunately, they didn't have to spin anything in this retard's case. He did the damage all by his lonesome.

That's just a fact.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
"Them negro folk was better off when they was slaves because all they is now is slaves anywhoo! Now get the [bleep] off the land I don't own before I ride my horse and this flag right up your ass! Hi YOOOO SILVER!!!"

Travis

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yep, its official, we're all Yeehaws now.

Thanks Cliven crazy

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
No matter how I cut it ,in my mind the real owner of the land is the American Indian ,not the US Government ,and any gazing rights money should go to them.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Yep, its official, we're all Yeehaws now.

Thanks Cliven crazy

Did somebody say: YeeHaw??

FJB & FJT
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
His comments on .gov subsidy are almost funny when you consider the subsidies, tax exemptions, and discounted fuel the .gov provides for farmers and ranchers.

Heck, ol' bundy doesn't pay his grazing fees, or a penny in property tax (because he owns no land).

I think the old guy just wants his five minutes of fame, before he tips over.

Can you help me figure out where I can get some of this "discounted fuel" of which you speak? I am a cattle and hay producer and could sure use some "discounted" fuel.

I do a lot of farm and ranch tax returns and I sure would like to know where that discounted fuel comes from too.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Raeford
Cable does not reach my abode. But there are these things called sat-el-ites that beam that shizzle right into my house. I know I know, it's scary.

I'm quite certain you guys don't have access to that sort of technology.

Travis

it's part of 'the new deal'

FJB & FJT
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THIS STUPIDITY. AN AFRICAN-AMERICAN IS A PERSON WHO WAS BORN IN AFRICA, CROSSED THE OCEANS, AND BECAME AN AMERICAN CITIZEN.

I don't give a rats ass who calls me what; my family came from Ireland, Germany, and Scotland. More than a few fought and died in wars defending this nation, the one to which THEY swore their loyalty. My friends have been called pollocks, wops, dagos, spics, wet-backs, hunkies, negros and [bleep] and every one of them is a certified AMERICAN from the ground up - and none of them give a rats ass what they are called by ignorant pissants.

Freedom of speech does NOT guarantee that the speaker is very smart - or right - but free speech is free speech. Damning or dismissing someone who is defending his or her rights because they have a point of view inconsistent with yours - or mine - is your right, but is just wrong.

Terry

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Second, as to whether or not the majority of blacks were better off as slaves to white plantation owners and black freemen they probably were.

Are you serious.

Yes if you study history past and present. I'm not implying slavery is a good thing but if you look at slavery as it was and the slavery as it's practice today both on the blacks and whites yes it was. Make no mistake about it we are all slaves today who think we are free. Our slave master have done a wonderful job of propaganda.

Funny, I would think that in order to comment on the desirability of living the life of an African slave in the Colonial US, one would need some actual hands-on experience in that role. And it would seem to me that commenting on the desirability of that life without that experience would be the height of arrogance. Not to mention ignorant.

I didn't say the life was desirable I just said that for most part they were treated better by the old slave masters than by the new slave masters and for many blacks the old system of slavery was better than the new system of slavery based on history. I also said I agree with Bundy's statement based on the context in the article.

As a libertarian/anarchist/pagan I believe in freedom and want everybody to have as much as possible but I also understand that many people prefer a type of slavery to freedom because slavery is security and to some people security is the most important thing in their life.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
What drug have you OD'd on?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
the forefathers should have picked their own damned cotton

the end

To play the game, you first gotta have game. - Ike Turner

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cliven Bundy - Patriot and friend of the Negro

[Linked Image] .

Bitching about blacks being given goobermint subsidies like he gets and how they should be made slaves again because they're not happy.

I think I'll go die fighting for him.

LMAO

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
you all don't think that the media was gunning for cliven in a trap? And it was sprung? You got to keep in mind this is in general the strip country of northern arizona running over into nevada a very desolate, rural part of americana, not versed in general in it's people with modern political correct nuansances.
He walked into the trap.

He is now deceased, but a number of years ago in a face to face with another mormon, ev mecham, who was crucified as gov of arizona for revoking the MLK day, and calling black kids picininnies, I asked him why he used that word? He said he didn't think anything of it, as that is what they were called in the 30's when he was growing up. My comment was my mother used the word too, for the same reason, but she wasn't governor with the opposition waiting with their axes out. Politically aware even as governor he wasn't as to the ramifications of what he said. I suspect Cliven is the same way.
And negro is spanish for black. We were mixing some screwdrivers the other day using oso Negro vodka, or black bear.
What I really think is funny is the original spelling of my maternal grandfather's name in croatian is black.
As to his comments about picking cotton, my wife picked cotton with her sharecropper father in texas. You have to wonder if a lot of blacks would be better off in a agricultural setting or in downtown detroit.
I asked a guy in the room next to me in college many years ago, who was black, what I should call him, as I didn't know what was acceptable. Black, afroamerican, negro, what? My point being is not ALL blacks in this country came directly from Africa. I liked and always remembered his answer. Call me Cletus, that's my name. Just like it would be difficult to identify some of my slovak, croat, polish, jewish, catholic, spanish, mexican, pima, cousins all wrapped up in one.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 04/24/14.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Really? The discipline of not talking about negroes picking cotton hasn't found it's way out in your parts,yet?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 58 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,383
Posts18,488,595
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.