Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Why? He's talking about negroes being better off as slaves. That dog ain't gonna hunt these days.

He's a world class dumbschit for bringing it up...in ANY context.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by Tarkio
His comments on .gov subsidy are almost funny when you consider the subsidies, tax exemptions, and discounted fuel the .gov provides for farmers and ranchers.

Heck, ol' bundy doesn't pay his grazing fees, or a penny in property tax (because he owns no land).

I think the old guy just wants his five minutes of fame, before he tips over.

Can you help me figure out where I can get some of this "discounted fuel" of which you speak? I am a cattle and hay producer and could sure use some "discounted" fuel.

I do a lot of farm and ranch tax returns and I sure would like to know where that discounted fuel comes from too.

Maybe I'm behind the times, but not so long ago there was"red dye" diesel, for ag use only. It was cheaper, and I believe that was due to less taxation.

I haven't heard about red dye diesel in some time. I know there is a fuel tax credit but then the fuel tax credit has to be added back to income the nest year. Some credit.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by Raeford
"They" check trucks frequently around here. Die stays with the tank for quite a while longer than the fuel too.

I've seen impromptu checkpoints in AZ and I've heard of them here. Where DOT guy sticks a tester down into your fuel tanks for a sample. From what I understand there's no getting the evidence out of the fuel filter
Definitely. There is no "discounted" fuel for farmers. The idea is that most of fuel tax is directly slated for road repairs and off-road stuff basically doesn't use the road much. A guy I knew around here (he's dead now) got caught with it in their pov's and not just in their farm equipment and construction equipment. They got fined something like $80,000.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Man you guys are clueless about old folks in fly over country.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Well that explains that. Strange as it may seem all the farms and ranches I do are out of state except for one and they don't use fuel.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Your side got caught lying again.They always do.
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Why? He's talking about negroes being better off as slaves. That dog ain't gonna hunt these days.

He's a world class dumbschit for bringing it up...in ANY context.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He's in full retard mode now.

I can understand John Moses because he is ignorant but I'm having a hard time understanding you as a libertarian and your stance.

It's simple DD, I don't like freeloaders in general. I especially don't like freeloaders who won't pay up. They could throw this clown in a labor camp and it wouldn't bother me at all. grin

I don't think Bundy is a freeloader. We just disagree.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
HUH? Listen to the video, sport.

Here's the lesson. If Bundy doesn't STFU, and lawyer up, he's burnt toast on day old bread.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smokepole
I didn't say the life was desirable I just said that for most part they were treated better by the old slave masters than by the new slave masters and for many blacks the old system of slavery was better than the new system of slavery based on history. I also said I agree with Bundy's statement based on the context in the article.

As a libertarian/anarchist/pagan I believe in freedom and want everybody to have as much as possible but I also understand that many people prefer a type of slavery to freedom because slavery is security and to some people security is the most important thing in their life.

You made a value judgment as to which way of life was/is more desirable. All I'm saying is, never having been an African slave, you know not what you speak of and your opinion is based on ignorance as far as what it was like to be an African slave. You presume to know what that life was like, otherwise, you couldn't possibly make a value judgment as to its desirability vs anything else.

And your italicized statement above is a pure red herring, since by your own description, both lifestyles are a form of slavery. So what does your status as a libertarian, or your desire that others have as much freedom as possible have to do with it? According to you, it's a choice between two forms of slavery, where does freedom enter the picture?

There is no freedom as long as we have a nation state but that's besides the point. You keep putting words in my mouth so this ends the discussion.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by isaac

Here's the lesson. If Bundy doesn't STFU, and lawyer up, he's burnt toast on day old bread.
Here's another video, "sport". Check it out so you can report to me on what it says. If it's interesting enough, I might view it.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth.../1/HOAX_EXPOSED_Full_Clip_Of_Bund#UNREAD

IC B3

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Hey, my pet seal is back.

You wanna treat? Give me one "ort" for yes and 2 "orts" for no.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Check your meds.Editing tapes is editing tapes.But thats all right with you.You do shave dont you.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Cliven Bundy: "Hand me that loaded .45 so I can blow my dick off". Bang!!! "Ouch. Thank you." Cheese and rice, what an idiot. Actually, his remarks about blacks being destroyed by the federal plantation were spot on, but he lost all credibility when he called them "negroes" and said they hadn't learned to "pick cotton". Those remarks gave the whole game away.

Nice work there Cliven. crazy wink

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I just went and checked the reports about what Bundy was supposed to have said and compared it to the video.Bundy never said blacks were better off as slaves.Its a lie.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Here's another video, "sport". Check it out so you can report to me on what it says. If it's interesting enough, I might view it.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Wow, poor ol' Hannity and all the GOP supporters really got tricked by whoever made that fake vid....

Originally Posted by jdm953
I just went and checked the reports about what Bundy was supposed to have said and compared it to the video.Bundy never said blacks were better off as slaves.Its a lie.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Last edited by MontanaMarine; 04/24/14.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Kind of strange ol' Bundy is on TV explaining himself now, for something he didn't say.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
i saw that too. he just keeps digging...

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have driven past the projects in a few big cities.Living there would be a horrible life.I can see where Bundy would wonder if slavery might be better.Grass dosnt grow in the projects because the ground is packed hard as concrete from being walked on 24 hours a day.Some years back we did a remodel on a fast food chicken place across the street from govt.housing in Dallas.Had the painters patch the bullet holes in the front of the building.Next morning we had new bullet holes.You would have to see how those people live.Hell Im not sure which is better.You would have to see it.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would say Mr Bundy has got a bad case of the I am in the spotlight. Happens a lot when common people get a lot of attention. They tend to talk about what they shouldn't. Doesn't make him a bad man. Doesn't mean that feds should be able to take his cow's now. And it doesn't mean he is wrong. Just sometimes speaking your opinion can get you in trouble especially when you aren't a wordsmith. Lib's have been waiting for something like this and now they are going to tear him up. Lesson in this is that if you are ever in the spotlight keep ur mouth shut.

I still think he was getting the shaft by the Feds and he was correct in standing his ground.

"disclaimer this was posted on the quick reply option not aimed at anyone"

Last edited by 7mmMato; 04/24/14. Reason: Spelling

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
quote=4100fps]..It's funny to watch the fleas bail from the dead dog. Laffin! Hey Rock where are you on this? [/quote]

Jeez.....i must be a racist because i follow Bundy's line of thinking.
Before the central gov got involved in the African-American family during the War on Poverity at least the black kids knew who their dad was.......now a family of black kids don't know ANY of their daddies. (if you get my drift)

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

71 members (alffe, 6mmCreedmoor, 375sunrise, 257robertsimp, 15 invisible), 812 guests, and 895 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,909
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.