Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Mine looked like a mace and woke me from a dead sleep when it started making it's move. I thought I was dying and fought going to the hospital but eventually couldn't take it anymore.

It was 2 am and I told the wife i'm headed to the ER and i'll drive myself. Still can't believe I made it without passing out.

I hope like hell to never have another one of those damned things pass through me again. I'd rather have 10 colonoscopy's than pass another kidney stone.

sounds like my first one. woke me up at 3am out of a dead sleep. had the wife drive me to the ER, told her to run every red light after checking for cars first.

Clos

NRA Life Member

GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I had two at the same time once. I hope never again. I drink fresh squeezed lemon juice in water three times a day. The acid in lemons is supposed to dissolve whatever in your blood and collects in your kidneys that forms stones. Have'nt had any since. I feel for you brother.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
got a collection of rocks at home in a bottle...anything that takes that much blood, sweat, and tears is worth saving.

found laying face down in bed helps some when they are on the move...that and drugs. for me, best cocktail to lessen discomfort was a couple of oxycodone with a promethazine kicker.

have had several analyzed...all calcium oxalate here. biggest to date is 6mm also , looked like one of those "rose rock" sandstone formations.

used to get them about once a year, at a doc's suggestion i cut back caffeine intake, and the size/frequency of stones dropped dramatically.

============================================================

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Got up one night in bad shape. Thought I was going to die. Doubled over,sweating profusely and severe back pain. I was in school at the time, so pulled out the stethoscope; self checked BP and pulse and honestly said a prayer. Crawled to the bathroom and over the tub. A short time later screamed bloody murder and passed out. Stalactite.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by DaveR
Had one of those bastards last year. About the size of a 100 gr. .243 Nosler. About 6mm wide x 15mm long.

Doc said it would be likely too big to pass. Wanted to go in, bust it up, and retrieve the pieces. I was none too keen on that after hearing a couple horror stories here, and put it off as long as I could.

Spent a good 6 months with that companion (probably much longer...pissed blood a year before and passed it off to too many muscle relaxers one day). Only a couple bad days, and a night where I fell asleep on my knees with my chest on the couch...only way I could get close to comfortable. Still, very uncomfortable at times, but not exceptionally painful. In all I had two bad rough patches where it got stuck, and required a little pressure from a pressurized kidney to move it forward a bit.

Every couple weeks or month, I'd be pissin' blood, and knew it was on the move. About the time I started feeling like the tip of my junk was being pinched ever time I pissed, I knew it was close to the bladder. Called the doc and got a prescription for flomax.

About 3am one morning, and after being on Flomax for about 36 hours, I was sitting on the can, half asleep, taking a leak. It was that moment I learned I could levitate from a seated position. When the fugger left the ureter and plinked into the bladder, it felt like someone snapped a super duty rubber band up against my bladder.

Went to sleep, took my morning piss. Nice root beer color. Then I felt a sharp stab at the base of my junk. Knew it was time. Popped a vicodin, and started drinking beer (combination bladder filler and pain killer). By 10 am I could hold it no more, and headed to the shower. Got half way through my stream and was wondering when it was gonna hit, when I looked down in the bottom of the shower, and there it was. Never felt it pass, other than a ever so slight burning. I was shocked. AND relieved.

By 10:30 I was back in bed sleeping off the beer and vicodin.

Great play by play. Thanks. wink Now we know what to expect. cry

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Originally Posted by northern_dave
yep.

It's the fine pluming tween kidney and bladder that's the real trouble. Pain is in the back for the most part.

Yep. The last 14 inches was the easy part.

grin You guys kill me sometimes. Great sense of humor there.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Last one I had started in July.I went to the ER and 6 hours later I was really doped up, feeling no pain from Toradal, Duladid and muscle relaxers. They sent me home and said I had probably passed it. Fast forward to December,back to the ER. CT scan showed it was right where it was back in July. 1/2 way down the tube.

I leaned that one thing you don't say is "I'm not leaving until you get that damn thing out".

This was a little satellite hospital so they sent me via ambulance to the main facility where they had all the necessary tools. They wouldn't let my wife drive me, and I bet that ambulance purposely hit every pot hole on the way.

I get to the OR and they have tray of tools set out that looked like something from a medevil castle's torture room.

No way could all those things fit up there.

I wake up, my BP is 230 and I can feel everything is really sore. First whiz and I think I am pi$$ing fire. My vitals return to almost normal and they release me at 11PM with a handheld urinal. We stopped 6 times in 30 miles getting home for me to whiz.

Now I drink 60 oz. of water a day, no caffeine, and 12 oz glass of lemonade every day. The urologist claims that keeps the system a little acidic and counteracts the forming of the calcium oxalate stones. Seems to be working as I have not had done for awhile.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Such nice stories. Lol

Well, it feels like I been passing a debris field. Piss pipes from my kidneys on out feels like I shook about 40 broken beer bottles through a cheap plastic dryer vent hose.

Really looking forward to trying to sleep tonight.

But the older I get, the less I have that I call my own. I dont have a Harley right now, nor a hot rod or muscle car, dirt bike, functional hunting truck....

But this pain, it's all mine baby. Can't sell this $hit.
The kids don't want it, nobody wants it. I finally found something I can keep for ever.

You're all probably jealous.

Too bad, go get your own pain.

Lol

Something clever here.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Eat a can of frozen OJ and ...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Save em if ya can; they bring big money on ebay.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had one back in March. Took a week to pass it. Something I wish on no one.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
freakin bums, this is worse than watching a scary movie

ain't ever had one

don't want any

what in the hades were we doing spending alla that money puttin a man on the moon when guys get kidney stones?

little pink ribbons for cancer

lil red ribbons for heart disease

we need to pin bottle caps on our lapels for the fight against kidney stones

mebbe have Obama write an XO outlawing kidney stones (so only outlaws will have kidney stones)

it sounds like sheer misery from this angle boys....brrrrr honeycomb

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by fish head
Try drinking some apple cider vinegar.

It's supposed to work.

Maybe.

Can we take bets on if your going to cry? grin

I am thinking Beefeaters and M&R Extra Dry. Worried about it while working in the Middle East and just hoped to hell I would not get it.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Save em if ya can; they bring big money on ebay.

Jewellery like elk buglers?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Had my first one a year ago. A real treat, especially when you don't know what it is. Pizzed it out the next day. Tha damn thing looked like an asteroid.
The pain is humbling to say the least.

R
Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by thumbcocker
I had two at the same time once. I hope never again. I drink fresh squeezed lemon juice in water three times a day. The acid in lemons is supposed to dissolve whatever in your blood and collects in your kidneys that forms stones. Have'nt had any since. I feel for you brother.

Lemon juice does contain an acid or enzyme that will dissolve stones. Even this late in the game if you'll drink some condensed lemon juice it will dissolve the burrs off of the stone and make it pass easier. I've had over a dozen, the largest @ 7mm. I started drinking lemonade daily about a year and a half ago and have only had one since then. I didn't even know I had it until I passed it. The Lemonade/Lemon juice really works.
Good Luck with it,
Rick

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
some of you will be amused to learn that I took a swig of vinegar this morning and chased it with a big glass of water.

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northern_dave
some of you will be amused to learn that I took a swig of vinegar this morning and chased it with a big glass of water.

I think that's called douching. laugh

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
OJ & a shave happen yet?

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
That's a private matter.

Something clever here.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

599 members (10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1shotnokilz, 1eyedmule, 74 invisible), 3,445 guests, and 1,175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,636
Posts18,533,423
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.