Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 19 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 18 19
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Cruz requests vote on his legislation to stop IRS targeting

WASHINGTON, D.C. � U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, today requested that the bills he previously introduced, S.2066 and S.2067, that would stop the Internal Revenue Service�s illegal targeting, receive a vote on the floor before giving his consent to pass Sen. Amy Klobuchar�s (D-MN) legislation, S.149.

�It was roughly ten months ago that the Inspector General of the Department of Treasury concluded that the IRS had wrongfully targeted conservative groups, tea party groups, pro-Israel groups, and pro-life groups. The day that news broke, the President said that he was outraged. He said that the American people had a right to be angry. In the ten months that have passed, we have discovered that not a single person has been indicted and many of the victims of this illegal targeting have not even been interviewed by the Department of Justice��

Sen. Cruz continued, �I ask this body to stand with the words of President Obama, if not the actions. And I ask this body to stand with the American people to protect them from being wrongfully singled out by the abuse of power in the IRS.�

In February, Sen. Cruz introduced two amendments in the Senate Judiciary Committee in response to proposed IRS rules that would have further stifled free speech even after its illegal targeting of conservative groups was revealed. Unfortunately, the amendments were defeated on a party-line vote.

Although Sen. Cruz supports S.149, he noted in his remarks that under Majority Leader Harry Reid, Republicans are shut out from having votes on their legislation. He noted that, �It has been the practice under the current Majority Leader to prevent the minority from introducing amendments � so the only avenue for the minority to have a voice is to use tools such as denying consent to try to raise issues that are relevant to the American people.� He later added, �I would note this request is less than what I asked in my unanimous consent. It's not a request that it pass. It's simply a request that there be a vote. �

Sen. Cruz�s first piece of legislation, based off his Committee amendments, would prohibit an IRS employee from intentionally targeting individuals or groups based on their political views. It would make it a crime for an IRS employee to willfully discriminate against groups based solely on the political beliefs or policy statements held, expressed, or published by that organization.

His second piece of legislation, also based off his Committee amendments, would amend the tax code to use the bipartisan, independent Federal Election Commission�s (FEC) definitions to determine whether an organization is engaging in political activity. The IRS should focus on taxation, rather than determining what is political activity.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Ted Cruz defends Rand Paul's NSA lawsuit from 'highly dubious' Justice Department argument

By Joel Gehrke
�Published May 08, 2014�
Washington Examiner

A Justice Department request that a federal judge dismiss the class-action lawsuit filed by Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., against the National Security Agency phone records collection program strikes Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, as "highly dubious."

President Obama's attorneys argued that Paul and his co-plaintffs did not offer "sufficient well-pleaded, non-conclusory allegations demonstrating that they have been injured because of the telephony metadata program."

Cruz thought it "curious" that the Justice Department argued that Paul couldn't prove his phone records were collected by the government.

"The factual predicate for DOJ's claim, at least as you've described it, seems to be highly dubious given the repeated public statements of the administration that every American's cell phones' metadata records have been intercepted; and, indeed, the administration has responded to members of Congress by saying 'yes, members of Congress have had their records intercepted just like other citizens,' " Cruz told the Washington Examiner Wednesday afternoon. "So, given their public admissions, that's a curious basis for the department to attempt to litigate the case."

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
�Look, we saw in Britain, Neville Chamberlain, who told the British people, �Accept the Nazis. Yes, they�ll dominate the continent of Europe but that�s not our problem. Let�s appease them. Why? Because it can�t be done. We can�t possibly stand against them.��

Ted Cruz

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Neville Chamberlain:
�My good friends, this is the second time there has come back from Germany to Downing Street peace with honour. I believe it is peace for our time. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Now I recommend you go home, and sleep quietly in your beds.�

Winton Churchill: "England has been offered a choice between war and shame. She has chosen shame, and will get war."

Hitler instructed his generals to prepare for an invasion of Poland: "Our enemies are small worms. I saw them at Munich�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I appreciate you posting these excerpts from Cruz, Lt. Powell

have to admit, I first thought of the Nuge when I saw the daily dose of Ted title and just passed on by.

From what I can glean from these posts, Cruz may indeed be worthy of riding the river

some refreshing language to these old ears from that young man.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
You'll love this one. MSMBC host calls Cruz ignorant for not reading the Heller decision. (Cruz argued the case before the Supreme Court on behalf of 31 States.)
______

�Complete, utter ignorance about what the Second Amendment says.� That�s what Joe Scarborough took away from Sen. Ted Cruz�s (R-TX) showdown with Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) over the constitutionality of the stricter gun laws she�s been advocating. Questioning what Cruz learned in law school, Scarborough was harsh and blunt in his criticism of the �willfully ignorant� Cruz.

�Did they teach Ted Cruz to read what the Supreme Court said, especially in the landmark, (Heller) decision regarding Second Amendment rights over 200 years was written in 2008?� he asked. Why would he use his seat on the Senate Judiciary Committee to �to put forward a willfully ignorant statement about this bill violating the Second Amendment, because it does not.�

Going on to question what Cruz took away from his Harvard Law School education (while noting, not ironically, �I don�t mean to keep going on and on here�), Scarborough was shocked to see Cruz use his position to �mislead millions of Americans.�

Cruz�s �lecturing� Feinstein on how her bill violates the Second Amendment is �just false.� This is �fact.�

�We�re not really talking about constitutional jurisprudence,� John Heilemann noted, �we�re talking about politics.� (Of course we are.) Cruz is simply staking out his turf �in the sweet spot of the most conservative, most populist, most red-meat Tea Party elements of his party.� (And does so with �disrespect and impudence.)

�I don�t mind people being condescending to me,� Scarborough asserted. �But when you�re condescending and you don�t even have the facts right,� that�s a problem. Noting Feinstein�s reaction to the fiery exchange, Al Sharpton agreed that Cruz was �patronizing.�

The Supreme Court �didn�t say it gave you the constitutional right to have magazines that can shoot a hundred rounds and it didn�t say you can have automatic or semiautomatic weapons, which is what he tried to say in the condescending way,� Sharpton added. You can disagree with the court, the panel agreed, but you can�t just state it as fact.

�I�m getting sick and tired of people telling me what the constitution says when they are ignorant of what the constitution says,� Scarborough argued. �I cut most people slack because they didn�t go to law school�I cut Ted Cruz no slack.�

He may be wrong on the facts, Willie Geist noted, but he�s on the right side of the vote for the time being.

�I would love for him to sit in a room filled with the parents of Newtown and make that stupid argument to them,� Mika Brzezinski asserted. �I feel sorry for people like him because they�re very limited.�

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you're known by the company you keep

and by the enemies you make

only serves to make me like Cruz better.

if he's got that pos Scaroborough fleckin spittle, he's on the right track

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
The Passion Behind Ted Cruz

Fleeing Cuba 58 years ago after being beaten and imprisoned, Rafeal Cruz came to Austin, Texas, as a teenager without parents, without fluency in English, and with only $100 to his name. Believing in the American dream, he worked full time through school and learned English to succeed.

Today, with a pleasing accent and demeanor and at 74 years of age, he has become a motivational speaker in high demand with pastors, citizen groups and tea party gatherings. As requests for TX Senator Ted Cruz to speak pour in from across the country, Cruz�s father plays a surrogate speaker to his son. Pleasantly surprised, Pastor Cruz finds standing room-only crowds cheering at his authentic and inspiring defense of America�s greatness.

Reflecting on his own hard scrabble life, Rafeal Cruz�s emotion overtook him as he watched his son�s emerging national role. He told us, �I remember almost 2 years ago, when I sat in the Senate chambers, seeing my son being sworn in as U.S. Senator. I couldn�t contain the tears from my eyes and all I could think is, �Only In America!� When I thought 55 years before, I came (to America) with nothing. That is the greatness of America. Horatio Alger stories are a dime a dozen. They are all over the country. People that have achieved their greatest dreams, started with nothing.�

Pastor Cruz rejects the allure of dependency or identification by ethnicity, as he watched Castro bring such policies to Cuba through false rhetoric of �hope and change.� Asked about Hispanic outreach and policy preferences, Cruz says, �I don�t want to get involved with all this hyphenated Americans; we are all Americans!�

He rejects the notion that Hispanics, as a group, are �victims� needing government handouts, as he believes the Administration uses groups to preserve their power base by encouraging government dependency that saps individual achievement and hard work.

Instead, he says, �We don�t get people out of poverty by giving them handouts; we get people out of poverty by empowering them to get out of poverty, by teaching them and helping them to achieve the American Dream.�

Asked about the push back many conservatives don�t even see when the President�s political allies smear and besmirch him and his son, Cruz says, �When truth comes forth, darkness hates the light.�

�I consider it a badge of honor that MSNBC has had two 15 minute tirades about me. If we are not being persecuted, maybe we�re not making a difference,� Cruz continued. �So, actually, I don�t mind the attacks. I don�t think my son minds the attacks. They energize me; I think they energize him too, because it shows we are making a difference. We are shaking their foundations.�

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
OK, then Pops Cruz for President. I am good with it. ;-{>8

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Ted Cruz�s 10 Questions on Benghazi

Senate Democrats on Monday blocked a request from Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) to approve a resolution supporting the creation of a select committee to investigate Benghazi.

Cruz took to the Senate floor just days after the House approved its own select committee, and said the Senate needs to support a committee because the Obama administration has still failed to answer 10 key questions about the 2012 attack against the U.S. consulate. Cruz also said that while Democrats claim the Obama administration will not rest until the attackers are brought to justice, there has not been any apparent progress.

�Here we are eight months later,� he said. �The perpetrators still have not been caught and the confusion about what occurred on September 11, 2012, in Benghazi has only gotten worse.�

After listing out his unanswered questions, Cruz asked for unanimous consent that the Senate immediately pass the resolution. But Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Bob Menendez (D-N.J.) blocked it and said the request was politically motivated.

�This request is, in my view, without merit,� Menendez said. �It�s an effort to follow the footsteps of the unfortunate, politically motivated creation of just such a special committee by the House of Representatives just in time for mid-term elections.�

Cruz disputed Menendez�s claim that his request was political, and said Democrats opposed his request for a select committee on Benghazi 18 months ago, well before the 2014 mid-term elections.

Menendez then argued that some of Cruz�s unanswered questions are political in nature, such as whether President Barack Obama slept the night of the attack that left four Americans dead. Menendez said a better question might be whether Obama was even told about the attack that night.

�I don�t know,� Menendez said. �The bottom line is� would that have saved anyone. I don�t know that either.�

Cruz pounced on that statement as an example of why a select committee is needed.

�The Democratic senator from New Jersey, the chairman of the Foreign Relations COmmittee, just told this body that he has no idea if President Obama was even told four Americans were under terrorist attack,� Cruz said. �He doesn�t know what if anything the President could have done to save them.

�I would suggest that�s exactly the reason we need this committee.�

Menendez said the Senate would be better served passing a bill to boost funding for embassy security. But when Cruz said he would support that bill if Menendez stopped blocking the Benghazi resolution, Menendez indicated that he would not make such a trade because the committee would be political in nature.

Below are Cruz�s 10 questions that he said need to be answered by further investigation into the Benghazi attack, and the Obama administration�s handling of that attack:

1) Why was the State Department unwilling to provide the requested level of security to Benghazi in the summer of 2012?

2) Do President Obama�s daily intelligence briefings in the run-up to September 11, 2012, support the assertion that there was no credible threat of a coordinated terrorist attack on Benghazi during the time? And do the daily intelligence briefings following that date support the claim the administration made that the cause was an Internet video? And why hasn�t the White House declassified and released those briefings, just like President George W. Bush did with his pre-September 11, 2001 briefings?

3) Why did we not anticipate the need to have military assets at the ready in the region on the anniversary of September 11, of all days?

4) Did President Obama sleep the night of September 11, 2012? Did Secretary Clinton? Neither has answered that very simple question � were they awake or asleep while Americans were under fire? When was President Obama told about the murder of our Ambassador?

5) If the Secretary of Defense thought there was �no question that this was a coordinated attack,� why did Ambassador Susan Rice, Secretary Clinton and President Obama all tell the American people that the cause was a spontaneous demonstration about an Internet video?

6) Why did former deputy CIA Director Mike Morrell edit the intelligence community talking points to delete the references to Islamic extremists and Al Qaeda?

7) Why did the FBI not release pictures of the militants taken the day of the attack until eight months after the fact? Why not immediately, as proved so effective in the Boston bombing?

8) Why was Secretary Clinton not interviewed for the A.R.B. [Accountability Review Board] report? And if all the relevant questions were answered in the A.R.B. report� why did the State Department�s own Inspector General office open a probe into the methods of that very report?

9) Why have none of the terrorists who attacked in Benghazi been captured or killed?

10) What additional evidence that the White House engaged in a partisan political campaign to blame the Benghazi attack on the Internet video is contained in the additional emails requested by Judicial Watch but withheld by the White House on the grounds that it would put a �chill on internal deliberations?�

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Cruz looking to blunt FCC authority

05/13/14 08:11 PM EDT

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) is looking to strip the Federal Communications Commission of its ability to write new net neutrality rules.

The senator is currently circulating draft legislation that would undercut the commission�s legal authority to write new regulations governing the way that Internet service providers treat different streams of traffic online.

Cruz �has serious concerns about the course the FCC is pursuing on net neutrality and on the questionable authority on which it�s relying,� spokeswoman Catherine Frazier said in an email to The Hill. �He is exploring legislative options to preserve the freedom of the Internet to remain an engine for jobs, growth and opportunity, and we have been in touch with other offices to that end.�

A federal appeals court earlier this year ruled that the FCC�s existing net neutrality rules were not justified under current law. At the same time, the court opened the door for the commission to write new rules under Section 706 of the Telecommunications Act, which gives it the power to encourage and regulate broadband infrastructure.
A draft version of Cruz�s bill obtained by The Hill would eliminate from current law provisions that allow the FCC to �promote competition in the local telecommunications market� and remove �barriers to infrastructure investment...�

Instead, the law would be changed to focus on �pursuing regulatory forbearance.�

The effort comes as the FCC is considering a controversial proposal that would ensure Internet service providers allow a baseline level of access to all websites but also permit deals with certain companies to boost their users� Web speeds.

The proposal from FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler has come under fire from lawmakers and critics on both sides of the aisle. While Democrats have worried that it would create a �two-tiered� Internet with different levels of service, Republicans object to the notion of government intrusion on the Web.

On Tuesday evening, Sens. Dean Heller (R-Nev.) and Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) said that Congress, not the FCC, should take the lead on regulating the Net.

�The FCC should respect its regulatory limits and Congress should do its job to address these concerns,� the two said in a joint statement. �In the meantime, any policy adopted by the FCC should continue to respect the �light touch� regime that has led to industry investment and a thriving Internet ecosystem.�

In addition to the Section 706 authority, Wheeler is also considering reclassifying the Internet so that it could be regulated like a telephone company.

Reclassifying broadband service would be a radical step and congressional Republicans on Tuesday sent letters warning the commission not to go that far.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and other GOP Senate leaders told Wheeler in a letter that reclassifying broadband Internet would �create tremendous legal and marketplace uncertainty and would undermine your ability to effectively lead the FCC.�

Republican leaders of the House Energy and Commerce Committee issued a similar warning in a separate letter.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
This is the way you do it.

Cruz in control as his Tea Party candidates win primaries in Nebraska and position him as November kingmaker

Ted Cruz has only been a Senator for a year and a half, but already he's seen as a Tea Party leader and a national political player

If Cruz is able to add more Republicans to the Senate who share his way of thinking, last fall's government shutdown could be the first of a more heavy handed approach by the GOP to halt the presidents agenda

ByFrancesca Chambers

Published: 17:09 EST, 14 May 2014 | Updated: 07:42 EST, 15 May 2014

Tea Party Senator Ted Cruz claimed his first victory in the battle to control the Republican Party on Tuesday night when his two candidates in Nebraska won their primary elections.

Cruz endorsed gubernatorial candidate Pete Ricketts and Senate candidate Ben Sasse won their respective primary races, positioning Cruz as kingmaker in November.

'Ben Sasse�s decisive victory in Nebraska tonight is a clear indication that the grassroots are rising up to Make DC Listen. They�re rising up to take our country back,' Cruz posted to his Facebook.

Cruz won his own Senate primary in 2012 after being endorsed by then-Senator Jim DeMint, the upper chamber's resident kingmaker at the time.

DeMint left the Senate to run conservative non-profit The Heritage Foundation just as Cruz was taking office, and Cruz has since sought to fill his mentor's shoes.

The former Texas solicitor general is only in his second year as a U.S. Senator, yet he is already considered a Tea Party leader and a likely 2016 presidential candidate.

After making his maiden speech on the Senate floor during frenemie Rand Paul's filibuster of the Obama administration's drone policy in March 2013, Cruz held a talkathon of his own in October over Obamacare.

During the 21-hour speech that resulted in a 16 day government shutdown, Cruz quoted Ayn Rand, Ashton Kutcher, Dr. Seuss, Duck Dynasty, Toby Keith and tried to 'make DC listen' to the problems Obamacare has caused average Americans.

The speech, while not technically a filibuster, was the fourth longest speech in U.S. Senate history, and it propelled him to the finalist list for Time Magazine's Person of the Year.

Cruz ended up losing the award to Pope Francis, but his selection for the short-list showed that not only was DC listening to him, the whole country was.

In a CNN presidential poll released last week, Cruz landed in the middle of the pack, trailing Paul by six points and beating fellow Tea Party Senator Marco Rubio by only a single digit.

So far Cruz has farer better than Paul in the endorsement race, however. Paul's Senate candidate in North Carolina lost to House Speaker Thom Tillis in last week's GOP primary. Rubio has not made any endorsements this election cycle.

In Nebraska, Cruz's Senate candidate Ben Sasse, a university president, sailed to victory, winning 49 percent of the vote and beating out establishment candidate and former state treasurer Shane Osborn as well as self-funder and Pinnicle Bank president Sid Dinsdale.

Sasse is the favorite to win the general election against Democratic candidate David Domina,a trial attorney. A Magellen Strategies poll taken last week had Sasse beating Domina by double digits - and that was with Osborn still on the ballot.

'We urgently need conservative reinforcements in the Senate like Ben who will stand with the American people, not the Washington establishment,' Cruz said of Sasse after his win on Tuesday.

'Ben is a constitutional conservative who will not just �check the box� and vote the right way. He�ll affirmatively fight to advance the conservative agenda, repeal Obamacare, and defend the Constitution.'

Cruz's gubernatorial candidate Pete Ricketts pulled out a close win over over Attorney General Jon Bruning with 26.3 percent of the vote to Bruning's 25.6 percent.

Ricketts is the son of Chicago Cubs owner and TD Ameritrade founder Joseph Ricketts. Rickets will square off against Democratic candidate Chuck Hassebrook in November and is expected to win.

'Pete Ricketts is not a career politician � he�s an outsider who fights for conservative values,' Cruz wrote on his Facebook, adding that Ricketts understands that without onerous government regulations, 'individual spirit will flourish.'

Cruz's success rate at hand picking winners and losers will have little effect on his presidential aspirations. It will affect how much power he has withing the Republican caucus on the Hill, however.

If Cruz - the vice chair of the Senate Republicans' political arm - is able to build up the number of Senators who share his way of thinking, it will be more difficult for others in the Republican caucus who disagree with his approach to government to stand in his way.

Last fall's government shutdown could be the first of many heavy handed tactics Republicans use in the Senate to fight Democrats' agenda if Cruz takes the reins.

Cruz faces his next test in the form of Oklahoma Senate candidate T.W. Shannon.

Shannon, who is of Native American and African-American descent, is a representative in Oklahoma's state house. He is hoping to replace retiring Republican Senator Tom Coburn in the U.S. Senate.

'T.W. Shannon is a strong Constitutional conservative who will fight for individual liberty and help turn our country around,' Cruz said in a statement endorsing Shannon in April. 'T.W. embodies the American dream.'

'I�m proud to offer T.W. my enthusiastic endorsement because not only will he vote the right way, but he�ll stand up and fight with us in the Senate to stop President Obama�s assault on our liberties and defend America�s founding principles.'

Shannon faces Congressman James Lankford in the June 24 primary.

Polls show Lankford, who is in his second term in the House of Representatives, leading Shannon by a large margin.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Just a damn minute here�
Cruz was not the only Tea Party leader endorsing in Nebraska.
Cruz, Lee and Palin were all on hand to do the heavy lifting.

Cruz, Lee and Palin; I see a team building here, could be very interesting.

�Ricketts Wins Nebraska Gubernatorial Primary, Palin Endorse Success: 50%�

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 05/16/14.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yesterday's mail

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Poll: Only Mike Huckabee is more conservative than Ted Cruz

By Paul Bedard | May 25, 2014 | 5:21 pm

He's been a senator for only 16 months, but Texas Sen. Ted Cruz has created such a sensation among conservatives, Tea Party members and strict Constitutionalists that he is now poised to be among the top of 2016 GOP presidential candidates, according to a new poll.

The engaging senator �could have an edge in the primaries as he is seen as one of the most conservative GOP politicians around,� said the Economist/YouGov.com poll. He is also viewed as honest and outspoken.

And in a sign of his growing popularity among conservatives, 36 percent of Republicans want him to run for president. And 42 percent of Tea Party members want Cruz in the race. But when all Americans are considered, just 19 percent said he should run, while 38 percent don�t.

If he decides to jump in, and he is clearly considering it, Cruz would compete with Sens. Rand Paul and Marco Rubio and Rep. Paul Ryan for the Tea Party vote. Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee is also a favorite of the conservative-libertarian wing of the GOP and leads in the early caucus state of Iowa.

But Cruz is coming on strong, based mostly on the view among Republicans that he is a true conservative, said the poll. �Cruz�s ideology is a big plus for those who like him. In fact more than half of Republicans � 57 percent � describe Cruz as a conservative. That is a higher percentage from the mostly conservative party identifiers than they give any of the other GOP possibilities with the exception of Mike Huckabee. Last month, nearly two-thirds of Republicans thought of Huckabee as a conservative,� said the poll posted online.

One big problem, found the poll, was that he isn't yet seen as more qualified to be president than much of the rest of the 2016 presidential class.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I certainly agree that Democrats are the problem......but Republicans are most certainly not the answer! Skroo-em

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
You got two choices. Which one do you want to reform?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Breitbart News: Breitbart TV
http://www.breitbart.com/breitbart-tv
5/27/14

Senator Ted Crux (R-TX) was in Israel Monday. The Senator from Texas spoke of the need to stand with Israel against the many Islamist entities that seek their destruction.

Cruz did not buy into the mutual culpability argument that both sides are to blame for the lack of peace between the Israelis and Palestinians. He said it was the Palestinian leadership�s failure to denounce acts of terror, along with their refusal to recognize Israel�s right to exist as the lone Jewish state in the world.

The Senator is on a two day trip to Israel. He will then fly to Poland, Ukraine, and Estonia, thought of as a solidarity trip with the East European nations that are dealing with aggression from Russia.

Cruz said of the Palestinian leadership, �The principal impediment to peace is that, to date, the Palestinians have refused to recognize Israel�s right to exist as a Jewish state and have refused to renounce terror.� The Senator continued, �Unless and until the Palestinians can agree on those very basic starting blocks, no lasting peace solution is likely.�

Cruz was highly critical of the Obama administration�s policies in the Middle East. He described the administration�s stance on the Middle East peace talks as �to criticize and harangue and pressure the Israeli government.�

When Secretary of State John Kerry used the term �apartheid� to describe what would happen if the �peace talks� failed, Cruz immediately called for Kerry�s resignation. While in Israel, Cruz reiterated his stance against Kerry�s inflammatory rhetoric, again calling for the Secretary of State to resign. �For the secretary of state to use a loaded term like �apartheid� with regard to Israel was grotesquely inaccurate and deeply harmful,� said Cruz. He worried terrorist groups now have the rhetorical ammunition to continue to wage their disinformation campaign against Israel. �Those words will be repeated by the enemies of Israel, by Hamas and Hezbollah and Iran,� he said.

Cruz firmly believes that the United States does not need to be an intermediary in the peace talks. �Terms of peace should not be dictated by outsiders,� said Cruz.

It is not the United States� business dictating Israel�s settlement policy in the disputed West Bank region, explained Cruz. He said the settlements are a �question for the government of Israel.� Its not �America�s role to try to impose a policy about where Israeli settlements are located and where they�re not."

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I guess he just lost the Klan vote. Oh well, you can't be everything to everybody.

Page 8 of 19 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (1OntarioJim, 1badf350, 222ND, 257Bob, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 2500HD, 58 invisible), 2,466 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,906
Posts18,518,578
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.