You'll love this one. MSMBC host calls Cruz ignorant for not reading the Heller decision. (Cruz argued the case before the Supreme Court on behalf of 31 States.)
______

�Complete, utter ignorance about what the Second Amendment says.� That�s what Joe Scarborough took away from Sen. Ted Cruz�s (R-TX) showdown with Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) over the constitutionality of the stricter gun laws she�s been advocating. Questioning what Cruz learned in law school, Scarborough was harsh and blunt in his criticism of the �willfully ignorant� Cruz.

�Did they teach Ted Cruz to read what the Supreme Court said, especially in the landmark, (Heller) decision regarding Second Amendment rights over 200 years was written in 2008?� he asked. Why would he use his seat on the Senate Judiciary Committee to �to put forward a willfully ignorant statement about this bill violating the Second Amendment, because it does not.�

Going on to question what Cruz took away from his Harvard Law School education (while noting, not ironically, �I don�t mean to keep going on and on here�), Scarborough was shocked to see Cruz use his position to �mislead millions of Americans.�

Cruz�s �lecturing� Feinstein on how her bill violates the Second Amendment is �just false.� This is �fact.�

�We�re not really talking about constitutional jurisprudence,� John Heilemann noted, �we�re talking about politics.� (Of course we are.) Cruz is simply staking out his turf �in the sweet spot of the most conservative, most populist, most red-meat Tea Party elements of his party.� (And does so with �disrespect and impudence.)

�I don�t mind people being condescending to me,� Scarborough asserted. �But when you�re condescending and you don�t even have the facts right,� that�s a problem. Noting Feinstein�s reaction to the fiery exchange, Al Sharpton agreed that Cruz was �patronizing.�

The Supreme Court �didn�t say it gave you the constitutional right to have magazines that can shoot a hundred rounds and it didn�t say you can have automatic or semiautomatic weapons, which is what he tried to say in the condescending way,� Sharpton added. You can disagree with the court, the panel agreed, but you can�t just state it as fact.

�I�m getting sick and tired of people telling me what the constitution says when they are ignorant of what the constitution says,� Scarborough argued. �I cut most people slack because they didn�t go to law school�I cut Ted Cruz no slack.�

He may be wrong on the facts, Willie Geist noted, but he�s on the right side of the vote for the time being.

�I would love for him to sit in a room filled with the parents of Newtown and make that stupid argument to them,� Mika Brzezinski asserted. �I feel sorry for people like him because they�re very limited.�

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.