Originally Posted by 700LH
Why is this year old stuff suddenly hot news? Ted�s alterative gun control bill was endorsed by the NRA.

The NRA endorsed the Brady background check system too.
I couldn't disagree more, and am an NRA Life member.

Lets make it real simple.
More gun control is more gun control.

We in the NRA fought the Brady Bill tooth and nail for seven years.

�The National Rifle Association fought the bill with an intense, well-funded lobbying campaign. In the end, the Brady Bill was only able to pass during Thanksgiving break, when a mere three Senators were present to vote on it. All three supported the bill, prompting Vice President Al Gore, then presiding over the Senate, to declare the bill's "unanimous" passing.�
[�]
�Once the Brady Bill was signed into law in 1993 � instituting a five-working-day waiting period and background check for any gun purchase � the NRA funded lawsuits that challenged its constitutionality. In 1997, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that forced federal background checks were unconstitutional; these days, background checks are carried out by state and local officials.�

I stand with Ted and the NRA in support of better, fair and more effective means to keep whacko�s and felons from getting firearms.
Those mass shootings headlines do the rest of us no good and harm legal gun owners.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."