Ted Cruz weighs in on Iowa Senate race

Texas Republican Sen. Ted Cruz has decided to throw his name into the ugly senate battle brewing in the Midwestern state of Iowa.

According to the Daily Caller on April 3, a video was published in which Iowa Democratic Rep. Bruce Braley denigrated Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley as:

A farmer from Iowa who never went to law school." �

Braley wanted to make a point that Grassley's lack of a law degree made him unqualified to be the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, in which he would be granted if the Republicans can retake control of the Senate in the midterm elections in November.

But when a backlash arose, Braley apologized for his remarks. But Ted Cruz did not take the jab to Grassely lightly.

Cruz wrote an op-ed in the Iowa Republican on April 3 that touted Grassley and the accomplishments he has made in the Senate. Cruz wrote in the op-ed:

"Well, let me tell you something. Washington would be a lot better off if we had more farmers in Congress and a lot fewer trail lawyers. I'm a constitutional lawyer who serves on the Senate Judiciary Committee, and in my opinion Chuck Grassley -- that Iowa farmer whom Braley was denigrating -- would make an outstanding chairman of that committee." �

Cruz touted Grassley's opposition to immigration reform and the efforts to "protect the Second Amendment rights" as a means for his qualification to be the chairman of the committee.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.