Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by ltppowell
So what are you guys doing about it? (Except making sure somebody like Jeb Bush gets the Republican nomination.)

Two factions constitute the GOP today.

The libertarian faction and the "more war" faction. The "more war" faction has the big money boys in its pocket (*cough* Israel *cough*)

Rand Paul, for all of his warts, is the only representative of the libertarian faction running for the GOP nomination.

Ted Cruz is vying for the "more war" money, but he's trying to expand his base by pandering to the libertarian faction.

Rand Paul is aligned with the libertarian faction but he's trying to keep the "more war" people off his back by giving lip service to them every now and then.

If it wasn't for "more war" Ted Cruz getting in the way, we might have a candidate who represents genuine conservatism for the GOP in the 2016 general election,....and he might even win.

But Ted and his oversized ego don't givva chit about any of that.

Ted will serve only to split the opposition to the "more war" faction and allow "more war, big government" Jeb Bush to get the nomination.

The "more war" faction Republican will then lose to the Democrat candidate.

The Democrat candidate will also be a "more war" candidate,...but Democrat voters are as dumb as those who think that Ted Cruz is a conservative,..

,..so it'll be business as usual.

Live for today.

I get it. You mean those people who are WAY more conservative than the Tea Party people are. I told you, and I'll say it again. I think Rand would make a great president. I would be happy to vote for him if given the chance.

He needs to do two things. Get rid of the nutjobs that think his father is God and start turning rainbows into money.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.