"Ted Cruz didn�t so much give a speech at Liberty University today as a sermon � and a darn good one, I might add. Plenty of others, I suspect, will dissect his words, but I think the political potential also serves some exploring.

First, a refresher: I�ve long contended that Cruz and Sen. Rand Paul are competing for the same turf, with Paul having the benefit of a superior infrastructure, and Cruz having the benefit of superior positioning. This is true when it comes to foreign policy, and when you compare Cruz�s speech at Liberty University today to Paul� speech at the Liberty University Convocation last October, it�s clear that Cruz has the greater potential to inspire and motivate Christian conservatives in places like Iowa.

I watched both speeches today, and, as such, may be uniquely qualified to compare and contrast them. As previously noted, these two men are competing for the same turf � and, in that regard � both are pro-life Christians who attempted to stress this commonality with the student crowd."

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.