I wonder why all of the MSM is coming to the rescue of the (R) establisment? MSNBC is suddenly supporting "Republicans".
______

Former Republican Congressman: Ted Cruz Should Leave The Party

LAWRENCE O'DONNELL, MSNBC HOST: Well, let's go back to what Ted Cruz said. We just heard him say this: 'The single thing that Republican politicians hate and fear the most, that is when they're forced to tell the truth.'

I got to say, if I just submitted to that to you, Steve, as a blind quote, I didn't tell you where that came from in your wildest dreams, would you pin that on a Republican United States Senator?

FMR. REP. STEVE LaTOURETTE (R-OH): Well, sadly you can't do that anymore because I would know exactly where that came from.

O'DONNELL: Yeah.

LaTOURETTE: But the fact of the matter is, I mean, it's those kinds of statements that are just irresponsible. And if you go back to the government shutdown. I mean, this guy is a bomb thrower, he's a flame thrower, but he's got no exit strategy, he's got no Plan B. He doesn't have the responsibility of governing, which Mitch McConnell does. I think that he can go on Mark Levin's show and say whatever the heck he wants.

O'DONNELL: Well, I mean, a guy who says the single thing that Republican politicians hate and fear the most is telling the truth, Steve, why is he a Republican?

LaTOURETTE: Well, I don't think he is a Republican, to tell you the truth. I wish he would stop being a Republican and leave the party. That would be a nice thing. He's really a libertarian. I mean, he comes out of the Ron Paul wing of the libertarian wing of the party, and, you know, they use the Republican party as a vehicle to get elected, but once in it, they want to cannibalize it and criticize it. If he spent half as much energy trying to defeat Democrats and gain control of the Senate as he does bashing other Republicans, we'd have 60 votes in the Senate.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.