R
I'm in.
Awaiting flashy thingie

FJB & FJT
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Seems to me like this young man could use a nice graduation gift. Just to reinforce that hard work pays off and that people care about him. Where can I send a donation?

Well hey, that came out of left field, tho' with this crowd I should have expected it cool

I took him to the mall a couple of weeks back and it was the FIRST time he had ever looked for shoes/sneaks without just buying the cheapest pair possible. Some of us are pitching in for his Senior Prom and Graduation.

This summer he's working for the Boy Scouts at camp so will have some disposable income to buy much-needed clothes. One problem has been him giving so much of what he gets to his scattered relatives. I ain't making this up; he originally started the candy sale thing in the first place to help pay for the funeral costs of a little sister born with a serious birth defect.

I'll PM all interested folks this evening with my address. I am interested in hearing any gift ideas. Something he wouldn't ordinarily buy for himself.

Thanks,
Birdwatcher
Count me in on this for sure. As for gift ideas, he's going to need a laptop computer. Not cheap, but if we get enough contributions it would be a good purchase.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Seems to me like this young man could use a nice graduation gift. Just to reinforce that hard work pays off and that people care about him. Where can I send a donation?

Well hey, that came out of left field, tho' with this crowd I should have expected it cool

I took him to the mall a couple of weeks back and it was the FIRST time he had ever looked for shoes/sneaks without just buying the cheapest pair possible. Some of us are pitching in for his Senior Prom and Graduation.

This summer he's working for the Boy Scouts at camp so will have some disposable income to buy much-needed clothes. One problem has been him giving so much of what he gets to his scattered relatives. I ain't making this up; he originally started the candy sale thing in the first place to help pay for the funeral costs of a little sister born with a serious birth defect.

I'll PM all interested folks this evening with my address. I am interested in hearing any gift ideas. Something he wouldn't ordinarily buy for himself.

Thanks,
Birdwatcher
Count me in on this for sure. As for gift ideas, he's going to need a laptop computer. Not cheap, but if we get enough contributions it would be a good purchase.

if you check out Dell's online outlet they have a returned/scratch & dent category and its where ive been buying my laptops for the last 8 years or so....i pack my laptop everywhere so starting out with a lil scratch on the case that saved me a chunk of change isnt a bad thing.....hell one of the supposedly scratched ones i bought i couldnt even find the scratch crazy last one cost me around $500 and is powerful enough to run any of the huge resource hog Adobe publishing programs....

wish i wasnt going through the split with my wife or ild kick in $50....

Last edited by rattler; 05/09/14.

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
That is an amazing story! Congrats to both of you!

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

I was going to suggest that but didn't know if that was too expensive. He is heavily into web design, does not have a computer, stay late at school to do that usually.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Eleven PMs sent out or replied to so far. Please PM me if by chanced I missed someone's post or message.

Mike

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Eleven PMs sent out or replied to so far. Please PM me if by chanced I missed someone's post or message.

Mike

Check again.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Twelve cool

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Thirteen cool

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
If my Dad can get in I am in! Great story and good on you and the team Birdy!

PM Me the address.

Mack

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I will be in for a little donation for a good cause. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great stuff.

BTW- what us "legally" homeless? Do you need Giv permission to be homeless?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rattler

wish i wasnt going through the split with my wife or ild kick in $50....

there's lots of days under the sun, on the days you can, then do

on the days you can't, fuggedaabout it

sun shines on a different dogs azz everyday rattler

ain't no worries, we all know your heart is in the right place

we got this brudda, so just hang loose

good idea on the Dell btw

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Check's in the mail. Come on guys, let's get this kid a new computer.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Took awhile to fine a stamp (weird how I almost never use a paper check these days....) but I'm in for one of the most top shelf feel good threads I remember seeing in some time.....

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Seventeen grin

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
BTW- what us "legally" homeless? Do you need Giv permission to be homeless?

I think in this context it meant IIRC that there were no adults legally responsible for him nor did he have an address we could contact. When he got his state-issued ID I had to sign a notarized document that I was "providing services" for him since he had no utility bills or such to show he was residing where he said he was.

Birdwatcher

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
My check's on it's way from Oregon.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
TTT

- Rogue
A
A
TTT keep this thread alive people need to read it!

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (1OntarioJim, 219 Wasp, 163bc, 12344mag, 22250rem, 2500HD, 51 invisible), 2,453 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,915
Posts18,518,724
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.