Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
T.H. from TN here. Does he already know about the gift(s)?

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Jeff,

Don't worry about it.. heck even $5 or $10 is more than enough...the engraving will run me about $25 ( since it for Scouts) and I figured a nice $50 or so knife...

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Thank you Sir, ya might have mentioned it but I have twent-nine separate threads in my PM.s now on this topic grin

...and yet another PM this evening to make it an even thirty pledges of contributions so far cool

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Three more in today for a total of thirteen in.

$736.00 and counting cool

Been trying to correlate names with handles but it ain't always easy if no mention is made on the envelope or check....

Soo.... T.H. from Tennessee and P.Y. from Texas, thank you, whoever you are here grin

Mike
Once again, our generous members are stepping up to the plate to help a young man out. As much as we pizz and moan, and bicker around here, when the rubber hits the road, we're a pretty good bunch of folks. Special thanks to Birdwatcher for giving us a chance to help this remarkable young man out. Here's to the hope we never see another person in need,but if we do, that we are able to answer the call as we have here. Sure feels good to be on the giving end, doesn't it guys?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T.H. from TN here. Does he already know about the gift(s)?

I told him about this gift drive that had formed more or less spontaneously. My reasoning was that here at the end of the school year (just three weeks left) things move very quickly all at once, and I wanted to stay informed on who else might be buying him what, most particularly the members and personnel of his scout troop. No worries so far on either driving school or a computer.

Marcos wants to thank everyone individually, I have told him that would best done when the funds are all in and the gifts are bought, that he should log in (on his new computer smile ) and get on here, plus as a member it would be a whole lot easier for me to supply him with thirty handles to PM.

I don't think Marcos gets on here much if at all, only regular computer access he really has at this point is at school and AFAIK the 'Fire is blocked for students.

Mike

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He would be a welcome addition here.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mike, for some reason I was under the impression that Marcos was receiving the gifts as they arrive but I realize that you're holding them back to present them to him all at once. This is much better! I'd love to be a fly on the wall when you present him with them....unless he's holding a fly swatter and hates flies. wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Marcos wants to thank everyone individually, I have told him that would best done when the funds are all in and the gifts are bought, that he should log in (on his new computer smile ) and get on here,

I thought you were one helluva mentor and responsible adult until I read you were going to introduce him to this place wink

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Been trying to correlate names with handles but it ain't always easy if no mention is made on the envelope or check....

Did you have a problem with mine? grin miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Great work! To both of you.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA

Marcos wants to thank everyone individually, I have told him that would best done when the funds are all in and the gifts are bought, that he should log in (on his new computer smile ) and get on here,

I thought you were one helluva mentor and responsible adult until I read you were going to introduce him to this place wink
Well played, KWFA.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Naah, sorta like Mickey Coleman, yours was an easy one to ID.

Anyhow... J.P. Jr. from Florida: Thank you, your donation has arrived here safely, whoever you are..... grin

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
....and thirty-one pledges as of this morning cool

Fourteen received so far, thanks again.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Anyhow... J.P. Jr. from Florida: Thank you, your donation has arrived here safely, whoever you are..... grin

I'm easy to identify because I have dog hair all over me. smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I'm easy to identify because I'm covered in dog hair. smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm easy to identify because I have dog hair all over me.

Me too, maybe not as much. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I'm wondering, since he's into web design, why not get him a mac book? Birdwatcher, thank you and your wife for the willingness to give to others.

pm inbound.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
A
A
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
I'm wondering, since he's into web design, why not get him a mac book? Birdwatcher, thank you and your wife for the willingness to give to others.

pm inbound.

I've seen him work. I know his work. And i know he's a PC haha.. If anything He's an android Not an apple too. But I alrdy know he wouldn't even know hwat to do with a apple, he's told me storys ho him using apple products before, he used to use macs for develpoing videos and movies he would make at school, he was President of film club at his high school for 3 years, he said it was annoying but fun! But he would only ever go back to a mac for developing movies and music, he developes his own music and videos. or at least used too. music for 4 years videos for 3, stopped doing both at the same time last year. He has tried using a mac to develope his web sights but he doesn't like it, "way more difficult than needed" to do something simple, so he likes PC for developing his web sights and games.

All in all he developes web sights, video games(for computers, both pc and mac), music and videos.

Thats what he likes to do and can do as far as the digital relm goes...

A
A
UPDATE! Also Mac books start at $1000 for cheap...
so I'm hopefull
and I pray and
I'm optimistic
but Thats a bit of a long shot...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
ahh don't get him a mac

more bang for the buck with an intel based windows machine.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (222Sako, 219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 163bc, 12344mag, 22250rem, 43 invisible), 2,413 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,917
Posts18,518,767
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.