Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G

IF ANY OF YOU Georgia BOYS haven't voted yet Vote for Nancy Jester for State Superintendent. She says that Administrative cost has gone up 74% & enrollment only 43%. We are starving the class room to pay the central office.

I voted for Handel she didn't robo call the house.

GB1

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by KFWA

She didn't quit to follow the money, she quit because her ass was about to end up in court defending herself from all the political enemies she had made.

How that translates into "good presidential material" I'll never know.

But now? Its all about the money with her.

Again, I do not know how to fix this trolling stupidity.

You damn well know or should know that all 20+ frivolous law suits were tossed.

That makes you nothing more than a Troll.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So let me make sure I understand

just two posts ago you say

"The people of the State of Alaska did not provide Governor Palin and her family with the protection from frivolous law suits that all other states and the Federal have always protected their public servants. It was costing her personally over $500,000 per year to fight for her $150,000 per year job. "

and you have a problem with me saying

'She didn't quit to follow the money, she quit because her ass was about to end up in court defending herself from all the political enemies she had made."

and that makes me a troll?

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and you have a problem with me saying

'She didn't quit to follow the money, she quit because her ass was about to end up in court defending herself from all the political enemies she had made."

and that makes me a troll?

Maybe I can help clear this up. That does not make you a troll, you were already a troll, that just adds to the proof. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I guess I'm a troll then.

not sure how I'll sleep tonight with this newfound revelation

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Do you not understand "frivolous lawsuits?"

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Prove it,beanman.

prove that she quit before her term was up?

Again, I do not know how to fix this trolling stupidity. You damn well know why Sarah was forced to give up her job which thousands of released Emails proved she was good at and enjoyed doing.

The people of the State of Alaska did not provide Governor Palin and her family with the protection from frivolous law suits that all other states and the Federal have always protected their public servants. It was costing her personally over $500,000 per year to fight for her $150,000 per year job.

After Alaska saw what that crap had also cost the state, they finally wised up and caught up with the rest of the country.

It was too late to save the best governor Alaska ever had.

Good for the rest of US, Sarah went on to be the most productive leader the loose-knit Tea Party has ever had.

You are [bleep] nuts! Most Alaskans did/do not care for Sarah Palin.. She did more harm than good for that state. She was responsible for the largest tax increase on the oil companies and the state has been reeling from that since then . Recently under Governor Parnell they repealed those tax increases. The man she beat is held in higher regard than she is now days good ol Frank Murkowski. Us folks in Alaska have no idea why you boys down here in the lower 48 are so infatuated with Sarah Palin we all just scratch our heads.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do you not understand "frivolous lawsuits?"

sure

do you not understand quitting your job as governor to avoid them?

that is exactly what I said she did, and when someone says it was going to cost her $500K to fight them, I think they are in agreement with me - as much as they protest otherwise.

frivolous or not - she was elected governor of the state and she left when things didn't go the way she wanted instead of serving out the term she sought and was elected to.

That's quitting in my book - how does it read in yours?

Last edited by KFWA; 05/20/14.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Then why were the lawsuits dropped?

Seems to me the "enemies" forced her out with lawsuits.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sarah Palin quit on Alaska plain and simple. For the most part we got a better Governor out of it anyhow with Sean Parnell. You guys think she is a darling a sweetheart I lived in wasilla you know how many times we saw good ol sarah and her delinquent kids 0 times. One of my buds did say they saw Bristol in sportsman warhouse one day with her entourage of losers.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Then why were the lawsuits dropped?

Seems to me the "enemies" forced her out with lawsuits.

that doesn't make my statement false - she was faced with lawsuits and quit instead of being vindicated in court. I didn't make the distinction of whether the lawsuits were frivolous or not, just stated the fact she got out instead of going to court.

You think she won't make political enemies who will try to get her over a barrel as president? And if things get tough personally she'll just quit again?

She let the democrats win.

again, how that is considered presidential, I'll never know.

but I guess that opinion makes me a troll.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Could be,but a $500,000 a year bill is a pretty good reason. Like Bow wrote earlier,the state of Alaska should've protected her from the lawsuits like other states do.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
they probably should have

but you want to throw out piss poor reasons as a statement

I think $$$ is a piss poor reason to bail on the people of Alaska that elected you to do a job.

You're governor for god's sake, not CEO of a company.

And she gets to sit in judgement of politicians who are sticking it out and trying to make a difference?

not in my book.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think $$$ is a piss poor reason to bail on the people of Alaska that elected you to do a job.

You must have more $$$ than most of us have. I could not continue a job that was costing me a half million $$$ a year to keep. I would had to have bailed too. Being poor makes you realize that you have to do what you can, not what you want. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Thanks for your opinion KFWA. Really enjoyed this discussion. Something to think about.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You must have more $$$ than most of us have. I could not continue a job that was costing me a half million $$$ a year to keep. I would had to have bailed too. Being poor makes you realize that you have to do what you can, not what you want. miles

then you'd be a quitter too.

Sara Palin was never going to be poor as Governor of Alaska or what she did in her post governor life.

Its ignorance to think otherwise.

btw, it wasn't a job - it was an elected office. A position she sought and won with the confidence of the state.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Prove it,beanman.

prove that she quit before her term was up?

Again, I do not know how to fix this trolling stupidity. You damn well know why Sarah was forced to give up her job which thousands of released Emails proved she was good at and enjoyed doing.

The people of the State of Alaska did not provide Governor Palin and her family with the protection from frivolous law suits that all other states and the Federal have always protected their public servants. It was costing her personally over $500,000 per year to fight for her $150,000 per year job.

After Alaska saw what that crap had also cost the state, they finally wised up and caught up with the rest of the country.

It was too late to save the best governor Alaska ever had.

Good for the rest of US, Sarah went on to be the most productive leader the loose-knit Tea Party has ever had.

You are [bleep] nuts! Most Alaskans did/do not care for Sarah Palin.. She did more harm than good for that state. She was responsible for the largest tax increase on the oil companies and the state has been reeling from that since then . Recently under Governor Parnell they repealed those tax increases. The man she beat is held in higher regard than she is now days good ol Frank Murkowski. Us folks in Alaska have no idea why you boys down here in the lower 48 are so infatuated with Sarah Palin we all just scratch our heads.

Just a bunch of horny old men and women who would jump at the chance to go to bed with Palin. I noticed that when she ran for VP and how many good Christian women had an orgasm at the mere mention of her name.

Palin has what I call the "Palasm " sort of like Limbaugh's term "Gorbasm" for Gorbachev.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for your opinion KFWA. Really enjoyed this discussion. Something to think about.

likewise

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
they probably should have

but you want to throw out piss poor reasons as a statement

You're governor for god's sake, not CEO of a company.

And she gets to sit in judgement of politicians who are sticking it out and trying to make a difference?

not in my book.

Put up or shut up. What would you do; starting right now, today if your job was going to cost you and your family half a million in the next year to get totally bogus lawsuits thrown out of court?

Again, I do not know how to fix this trolling stupidity.
Best to use Sarah�s own words:

Governor Palin writes that when she flew home from the campaign in 2008, the "political landscape" in Alaska "had permanently changed." She states:
The fallout was immediate: the governor�s office was inundated with frivolous ethics complaints. Literally scores of Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Public Records Act requests rolled in, generating thousands of pages that required hours of work to process. Reporters abandoned actual reporting in favor of tabloidizing my family, my record, and me.

Governor Palin writes about the fact that her administration had received a normal amount of FOIA requests prior to her selection on the 2008 GOP ticket. But after the campaign, her office was hit with a "tidal wave" of FOIA requests and "hundreds of demands" for various communication transactions, such as emails. She wrote:
Only the opposition really comprehends the work involved with FOIA requests-from the retrieval of all correspondence and emails, to copying them for lawyers and staff to review in order to remove confidential or privileged information, to assembling and packing them, and on and on.

Just one of these requests for a certain batch of e-mails generated 24,000 individual sheets of paper.

So instead of doing our jobs, my staff, including attorneys, spent thousands of hours and wasted more than $2 million of public monies to sort through it all one sheet at a time.

What these political operatives did was to twist the ethics reform measures that she had fought for, into a "weapon" to use against her. Governor Palin described the people who where behind these tactics as "relentless and shameless," which they were. She mentions the time when Linda Kellen Biegel (aka Celtic Diva), filed an ethics charge against her for wearing a jacket with the logo of her husband�s Iron Dog sponsor on it. She adds:
I was charged with accepting "bribes" of chocolates and a kids� hockey stick when I gave a speech at a charity event in Indiana.
I was charged with holding a fish in a photo for a state fishing pamphlet.
I was served with a complaint filed under the name of a fake British soap opera character.
I was charged with conducting an interview with a national media figure in my state office.
I was charged with answering reporters� questions in the lobby of my state office the day I returned to work and found a herd of reporters congregated near the doorway to my office.
As I tried to make my way through, I stopped to answer questions-and got slapped with an ethics accusation.

Governor Palin is a true reformer in every sense of the word. A key issue for her has always been restoring integrity back into the public sector. Her history of standing on the side of the people, against corrupt members of her own party, is a matter of record. The Alaskan people had their share of unethical politicians, and now democrat operatives were making a "mockery" of the new laws put in place to end their own culture of corruption. It was dirty politics at it�s worse and was truly appalling to watch.

The attacks on the governor were not easy, but had they been personal attacks against her, she would have stayed in office. The fact that her state was suffering because of the actions of political attack dogs, was unbearable to her. She wrote (emphasis mine):
Loss of reputation I can take. But I could not and cannot tolerate watching Alaska suffer.
One by one, each ethics complaint against me was tossed out. But a new one quickly sprouted to take its place.

I knew it wouldn�t stop and the ongoing cost to our system plagued me. My loyal staff who had accomplished so much with me in our years in office were besieged.
No one could paralyze my administration before, and I wouldn�t have been told to sit down and shut up, but these frivolous and expensive complaints were effectively doing what no one else could. [...]
At some point, you have to say "Enough."
You have to pick your battle.
Pick your hilltop.
And hold the position of your own choosing.

My state was being shaken by one partisan earthquake after another. Every time we found steady ground, "another avalanche of FOIAs, ethics complaints, and lawsuits crashed down. My team had been targeted for destruction because of who the team leader was. I began to think it was time to pass the ball.

Proving Governor Palin�s point about the political nature of this assault on her administration, she had this to say:

The reaction to my announcement was instructive. The same people who had wanted nothing more than to throw me out of office were suddenly outraged that I was obliging.

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 05/20/14.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
put up or shut up?

are you asking me what I'd do?

I can tell you with 100% certainty that I would not quit being governor of Alaska if I had dedicated my life to winning such a prestigious and powerful position.

really there is nothing more to say.

She quit, democrats won.

as for her justification as to why....

What else is she going to say afterwards? I tucked tail and ran when things got nasty? of course she is going to come up with some excuse as to why she did the "honorable" thing to leave. Get 2000 former governors in a room and ask them how many quit before their term was up.

it either comes down to you believing she is full of manure or not. Clearly you are in one camp, and I am in the other

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

375 members (1_deuce, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 11point, 56 invisible), 2,554 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,678
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.