Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 22 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 21 22
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
If pink (shudder) is the call out, this works out pretty well.

The beat up old stock sitting below Terry's favorite could be shortened to youth proportions, and will NEED paint of some sort, as it's already wearing several ancient repair attempts.

As she grows, the stock it's wearing here could be fitted. The blue tape grin is holding on a Favorite forend, I have the beefier 44 forend here , that could be fitted with the beefier butt stock.

Oh hell,....what I'm trying to get at is that we have TWO sets of stocks.

Barrels are a SNAP, fitting up spares for a Favorite is a walk in the park,....the one pictured is a mite long for a youth rifle, and can be shorted as well.

[Linked Image]

smile

Good, that one is probably a better choice than mine for the young lass, as the 1915's original stock is probably too long for her, designed as they were for ~10 year old boys. The ejector on mine is also too fussy to give a youngster. And needs to go to Cross for repair smile

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
I've never painter a gun pink...
But again never have I painted a gun PINK....

Dear Thomas: Kindly post a photo of your .223 AI.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dear Paul: Sure thing, but that is neither pink nor paint. It's gelcoat over fiberglass. Specifically orange, yellow, red, and dark blue.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Er, yes - as said - you haven't yet painted a gun pink. But, how did you manage to limit yourself to just those 4 mild shades?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well its does take restraint PW. grin
Wait until you see the next one I planned...

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think I can tolerate seeing a pink gun (at least with a girl shooting it). Now zombie green drives me up a tree crazy

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I'm speechless with all the generosity of my friends, I was hoping for a handmedown as a starter and appreciate all offers. Thanks amigos, looks like a made for campfire thread coming in the future.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And we ain't even met Mia yet!

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by krp
I'm speechless with all the generosity of my friends, I was hoping for a handmedown as a starter and appreciate all offers. Thanks amigos, looks like a made for campfire thread coming in the future.

Kent

Hey, thank TLee,.....I'm just paying my regular dues, Bud. wink

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by Ken Howell
And we ain't even met Mia yet!

Wed nights are her stayover night, we just put a cake in the oven... come'on over...

reason number 87 I wish you lived closer.

Kent

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's started:

Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests Implements Stage II Fire Restrictions Friday, May 23

Springerville, AZ; May 21, 2014�To protect public health and safety due to increasing fire danger, the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests (ASNFs) will implement Stage II fire restrictions effective Friday, May 23, at 8 a.m. These additional fire restrictions will remain in effect until forest officials determine that conditions have changed sufficiently to reduce the risk of human-caused wildfire. No campfires are allowed until Stage II fire restrictions are lifted.

Stage II fire restrictions prohibit the following:

1. Building, maintaining, attending or using a fire, campfire, charcoal, coal, or stove fire except for devices fueled solely by liquid petroleum or LPG fuels that can be turned on and off. Such devices can only be used in an area that is barren or cleared of all overhead and surrounding flammable materials within three feet of the device.

2. Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building.

3. Using an explosive.

4. Possessing, discharging or using any type of firework or pyrotechnic device.

5. Operating a chainsaw or any equipment powered by an internal combustion engine from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.

6. Welding or operating acetylene or other torches with an open flame.

7. Operating or using any internal or external combustion engines without a spark arresting device.

8. Possessing or using a motor vehicle off National Forest System roads, except when parking in an area devoid of vegetation within 10 feet of the roadway or parking overnight in Forest Service developed campgrounds and trailheads.

To report a fire, call 911.

The ASNFs coordinate weekly with federal, state, and tribal land management agencies and counties, cities, and towns in the White Mountains to determine what level of fire restrictions or closures may be necessary. Criteria used to determine whether to implement fire restrictions include weather, fuel moisture, fire activity, and available firefighting resources. There are also important components of risk management and the professional judgment of fire managers and line officers.

Community concerns are always considered. We are hearing a range of opinions and comments from local community members and visitors. We aim to be responsive to community concerns and to try to allow for safe and reasonable use of the forests. This is often a difficult and delicate balance. In addition to increasing fire restrictions, additional law enforcement officers will be on duty for the next two weeks.

Follow the Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests on Twitter (@A_SNFs) for instant updates on fire information, fire restrictions, and fire prevention.

Know Before You Go! To help you understand where and when fire restrictions and possible closures exist, there are several resources available. The public can obtain additional fire information via the following:

Apache-Sitgreaves National Forests http://www.fs.usda.gov/asnf
Northeastern Arizona Public Information System http://311info.net/ or call 311 or 928-333-3412
Arizona Fire Restrictions http://firerestrictions.us/az/
Arizona Fire Prevention & Information (fire restrictions & red flag alerts) http://wildlandfire.az.gov/

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There's a big one going over on the Bobacomori,....two days now.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Well I suppose we won't skimp on the p�t� now huh?

Last edited by kaywoodie; 05/22/14.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

B
B
Well since scoundrels and such are apparently welcome. I believe i will participate and help in any way possible. And i will bring way more than a hammock. Lemme know what i can do.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Bout_half_cocked
Well since scoundrels and such are apparently welcome. I believe i will participate and help in any way possible. And i will bring way more than a hammock. Lemme know what i can do.

For the rest of you folks who have never met this young gentleman, I give you Alan, Oldman2003's son.

He was at the East Texas Gathering, helping his folks with that scrumptious crawfish boil. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Alan!!! Glad to see you are going to try to make it!!! We will have a great time!!! Again!!

A fellow blackguard,

Bob

Last edited by kaywoodie; 05/26/14.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

B
B
My good man that sounds absolutely capital !!!!!!! Let it be done.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Prayers requested. I have my wife about 49% convinced we should take about five days and drive down, spent time at the get together, maybe swing over to Phoenix to see friends there, then head to San Diego to see our son and DIL. Maybe back roads whenever possible and make it a three week trip. Could bring my guns and ammo without hassle and just enjoy the sights.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Scott, did you tell your wife how all the women get breakfast in bed and wine and chocolate in the evenings at Quemado? cool

Page 9 of 22 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

471 members (160user, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 41 invisible), 1,853 guests, and 1,181 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,754
Posts18,495,429
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.