Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Love a Red Heeler
I had a grumpy Old Red Heeler that bit George Strait's wife.
He told her she should of known better!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well a yellow lab would suit me just fine.

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Lot's of folks have mentioned heelers. We've got a 1/2 Aussie, 1/2 heeler mix that is an awesome dog. Perfect mix of intelligence, loyalty, will to please, and grit.

We have a 100% Aussie Shepherd that is a good dog, smart, loyal, but lacks grit.

We've had a Black-mouth Cur pup for about 3 months now and I'm really impressed with her so far. Very laid back for a puppy and has a strong desire to please. Think she's going to turn out to be a great dog.

All of these are working farm dogs so I have no idea how they'd do inside.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great Pyrenees in the north and lab in the south. Do not know where I will end up. Got land in the south but damn it is hot in the south. Guess I am not old enough to like the heat.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Hate to be a grump, but with as much life and love as they add to a home, I think we will go without when the present one (Norwich Terrier) goes to the big bone yard in the sky. She's getting up there, and her needs border on those of caring for a child.

We're getting old too, want to travel, and dogs are a pain in the ass when dealing with motels, parks, or even when one just leaves them at home.

1Minute
IC B2

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by 8SNAKE
As with everyone else, my bias is going to show through here. You'd be hard-pressed to find a better companion than a Newfoundland. They're extremely gentle, love being around people, have a very laid-back disposition and you never have to worry about them being a trip hazard ( smile ). As an added bonus, the average Lab will have a higher food bill than a Newfie because Labs are much more energetic/active.
We have 2 now that are getting up in age. I'd get another in a heartbeat.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
half akita half husky. smartest dog I ever saw. [Linked Image]sense of humor unlike any animal I ever saw. dedication up the wazoo. fearless to a fault. and my best buddy until the end. man I still miss him so much it makes me cry. if I could clone him I'd do it in a flash. only dog I ever had that made me pray for dogs to go to heaven.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
We have had Great Danes for years and years. I couldnt imagine being without one.

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Hard to pick just one, but I'll say German shorthaired pointer.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Boykin Spaniel, sweet like a golden retriever but smallish like a large beagles, loyal and friendly. My next dog.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Always had Labs growing up and love the breed, but my sister raises ESS and she gave me one. I've grown quite enamored of ole Giblets (despite his dripping water all over my Beretta!) crazy Smaller and doesn't eat as much as a Lab. High energy, tho. Great for hunting-probably not so great if I was up in years looking for a potential 'final friend'.

I'd probably get a Lab or a pound hound...

[Linked Image]

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
just the two of you, A CHESAPEAKE BAY RETRIEVER. Loyal, brave.and trustworthy. just my $.02

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Lab

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Lab

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Rottweiler.

Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've been blessed with several great dogs. The smartest was an Australian Shepherd/Coyote mix. Also the most determined to escape confinement. Extremely protective of wife and kids. I've had several GSPs that were fantastic hunting dogs, but hell on cats, possums and raccoons. I also had a German-bred dachshund. Her father was a (SP?) Gebrauchsieger who was smuggled out of Germany. He'd killed over 100 foxes and over 80 badgers. Her mom was a first generation out of Germany. That little dog was smaller and leaner than American doxies, tucked up belly and legs that were a touch longer but still short enough to go to ground. She'd flush pheasants and retrieve them. Looked like a porpoise going through tall grass. She had no clue of her size, though, and picked a fight with a Drathaar that killed her. Tore me up, but it was her nature. Great with kids and family, though aggressive in the field.

�That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.� George Orwell
S
S
German Shepherd, definitely.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Some years ago I had an Akita, I still miss that dog, smart, loyal, fearless!
These days I'd probably get a pound hound that chose me and be as happy as ever.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I keep my daughter's Staffordshire Terrior about half the time. She is a rescued dog and the best natured dog I've ever had. Can't find a shed hair. She just can't hold her licker.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
over the years we've had GSP's, labs, chesapeakes, mutts, boston terriers, mini dachsunds and our dog currently at the trainers is a Boykin.

i could see myself with Boykins from here on out. Great personality, small enough to not be a problem. enough hunt in them for just about anything and great people dogs.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 19rabbit52, 160user, 10gaugemag, 17Hunter, 68 invisible), 2,594 guests, and 1,007 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,437
Posts18,507,689
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.