Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 22 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 21 22
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
No I hadn't until you brought it up. Now she thinks it is great that you offered to do that for her.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
If word of this gets out women may outnumber men this year.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Scott F
Prayers requested. I have my wife about 49% convinced we should take about five days and drive down, spent time at the get together, maybe swing over to Phoenix to see friends there, then head to San Diego to see our son and DIL. Maybe back roads whenever possible and make it a three week trip. Could bring my guns and ammo without hassle and just enjoy the sights.

scott, the only difficulty with this is you driving in california with ol chocolate, but being the kind of person i am, would be happy to domicile said ol chocolate while you were in the land of infidels.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Your kindness is overwhelming. I will be mounting a pistol safe in the back of whatever we would drive. That should take care of CA.

I may have to go to CA anyway as it seems like we just started a construction company there and I am the 51% owner.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
fell last night � again.

But no harm done, as usual.
Usually, I've been able to engineer myself back up somehow, but couldn't this time.

No big deal, thinks I, I'll just skooch over to my chair and hoist myself up.

Couldn't skooch. Couldn't reach my Life Alert button. Tried to call for help, but the 'phone wouldn't work. (I'd apparently kicked it unplugged in my flailing around.)

So I just lay there, unable to sit up, unable to move, for the longest, loneliest, most discouraging three hours of my life.

Weird sensations and the aftermath suggest that I may've had another stroke while I lay there.

Thought that I may be dying. I'd been praying, and added a fervent prayer that God would let me come Home right then and there, but He didn't grant that one. (I lay there hoping that I could at least make Steelhead happy! laugh )

When Ric found me, and lifted me into my chair, I was too weak to speak. I'm still far weaker than I was when I fell. But now the fear of falling is a heavy, haunting, crippling presence. Never was, before. Before last night's little dance with gravity, falling was just another usual passing nuisance � familiar, not fearsome.

It's looking more and more unlikely that I'll be able to put-in even a brief token appearance at the August rendezvous.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B2

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Dang Ken. eek

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Ken,

When my great aunt lived by us, she also fell away from her phone and life alert. We bought bought a chain for her life alert to wear....yes, when she bent over, it would call all of us.

I can also relate to the anger at not being able to move after falling. Take care of yourself!!!! (((HUGS)))

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
When visiting Ken H at home yesterday, it was troubling that he had weakened appreciably and rather quickly. He tended to attribute the problems to a sudden loss of balance and resulting fall the previous evening. I thought otherwise and have been on the matter since then. Right now he is hospitalized and undergoing a variety of exams/tests toward a diagnosis. Praying is indicated.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Prayers sent for Ken Howell and also for you Paul.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Thank you Paul for taking him. You are a blessing. Sending prayers to both of you.

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Prayers offered up.

CCCC Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The various tests have revealed nothing specific. Ken was significantly dehydrated and IV fluids have him feeling better. Ken is now back at home and resting. I will be checking with/on him again in the morning. Rick Sharp from up this way has been very helpful with transport in this situation. More later as I come to know it.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Thanks Paul. Glad it's nothing serious.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Thanks Paul and may God bless you.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by CCCC
The various tests have revealed nothing specific. Ken was significnatly dehydrated and IV fluids have him feeling better. Ken is now back at home and resting. I will be checking with/on him again in the morning. Rick Sharp from up this way has been very helpful with transport in this situation. More later as I come to know it.

Paul, Your a good man.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
prayers sent from here, hoping for improvement on Ken's behalf, and also thanks for his friends giving aid.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by websterparish47
The various tests have revealed nothing specific. Ken was significnatly dehydrated and IV fluids have him feeling better. Ken is now back at home and resting. I will be checking with/on him again in the morning. Rick Sharp from up this way has been very helpful with transport in this situation. More later as I come to know it.

Paul, Your a good man.

Concur. Thank you.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
The various tests have revealed nothing specific. Ken was significantly dehydrated and IV fluids have him feeling better. Ken is now back at home and resting. I will be checking with/on him again in the morning. Rick Sharp from up this way has been very helpful with transport in this situation. More later as I come to know it.

Dehydration is a common cause of seniors falling, letting their body fluid and electrolytes get too low, and don't realize it...

We as a group really need to consider pooling some of our resources and getting Ken an Emergency Response System of some sort.. Life Alert for example... there are better ones out there...phone numbers can be programmed in them to call local people along with 911...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
thanks Paul.
ron

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

CAT scan of my cap-filler bone didn't flush any cats.
Doc said that there's a brain (or something) in there, so apparently there was a cat (or some other kind of critter) in there at some point in the past.

Stroke? Doc said that the scan didn't show any evidence of another one since The Big One in 2001. But said that a minor one couldn't be ruled out, either, given the rather obvious physical effects on the useless ol' wad.

Blood pressure is pretty good (around 100/60). So is blood oxygen (90s). Still no medication indicated. (Wish that there were � don't really like feeling this bad and being told that I'm as well as I can be. Alley's Hambone said it many years ago � "I sho' hopes I'se sick. I'd hate t' feel dis bad an' be well.")

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Page 10 of 22 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 16penny, 1936M71, 1Akshooter, 59 invisible), 2,239 guests, and 1,164 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,819
Posts18,496,482
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.