Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by DINK
Originally Posted by krp
The reality is few carry and shoot a magnum well, and that's why nonmagnums far outnumber them in elk killed every year.

I disagree. Guys that don't shoot magnums well don't shoot standard cartridges well either.

There is no secret to shooting a magnum well. To shoot a magnum well you have to "want to" and burn powder. The same as any standard cartridge.

Dink

Wrong.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
is there any way I can setup a filter to weed out these pissing match threads? I always get sucked into them, and end up watching the drama, and it always ends up the same way.

everybody pissed off, convinced the other guy's a moron and they are genius, know-it-alls?

everyone speaks in absolutes, and is right in their own minds, and perhaps.... there alone.....

funny databit..... 80% of drivers believe they are "above average" drivers. Just think about it.... smile

First teach a child to love God, second teach him to love family, third teach him to fish and hunt and by the time he is in his teens no dope dealer under the sun can teach him anything. Cotton Cordell
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Originally Posted by krp
The reality is few carry and shoot a magnum well, and that's why nonmagnums far outnumber them in elk killed every year.

I disagree. Guys that don't shoot magnums well don't shoot standard cartridges well either.

There is no secret to shooting a magnum well. To shoot a magnum well you have to "want to" and burn powder. The same as any standard cartridge.

Dink

Wrong.

I know lots of guys that can shoot small calibers rifles fine but can't shoot bigger caliber rifles worth a schit. I think it's because they can let the small calibers rifles kinda float I guess you could say on their shoulders and don't pull them tight but big caliber rifles they know they have to pull tighter which makes any little movement worse. Granted they could get over it with practice but it doesn't matter to them because they still tip stuff over with smaller rifles

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I love elk killing threads.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by krp

Dink

Wrong.

I am right.

Shooting a magnum rifle (anything short of true dangerous game rifles) is a mental game. Guys shoot smaller caliber rifles well because they read and are told they should shoot them well.

I guarantee if one could get posted/printed enough that a 8LB .243 recoils to violently to shoot well most people would shoot one poorly. People like to believe certain things and most don't shoot enough to find out for themselves.

All a rifle has to have is a little recoil and a little blast and people will start to believe it will hurt them.

Dink

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Billy_Goat
80% of drivers

I love those 80%ers...

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Dog_Hunter
80% of drivers

I love those 80%ers...

You're out of line sir.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by krp

Dink

Wrong.

I am right.

Shooting a magnum rifle (anything short of true dangerous game rifles) is a mental game. Guys shoot smaller caliber rifles well because they read and are told they should shoot them well.

I guarantee if one could get posted/printed enough that a 8LB .243 recoils to violently to shoot well most people would shoot one poorly. People like to believe certain things and most don't shoot enough to find out for themselves.

All a rifle has to have is a little recoil and a little blast and people will start to believe it will hurt them.

Dink

You are wrong.

I've seen this dozens of times. Guy can't shoot his magnum. Switches to a smaller rifle. Shoots a few rounds. Realizes it doesn't hurt. Kills an animal.

That's alright though, you are wrong far more often than you're right. Your theory is completely bullschit anyway, as plenty is written about how 300 Mags are quite shootable, and other such nonsense.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I don't like to shoot obnoxious rifles and have learned I really don't need to.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

You are wrong.

I've seen this dozens of times. Guy can't shoot his magnum. Switches to a smaller rifle. Shoots a few rounds. Realizes it doesn't hurt. Kills an animal.

That's alright though, you are wrong far more often than you're right. Your theory is completely bullschit anyway, as plenty is written about how 300 Mags are quite shootable, and other such nonsense.

If you would quit hanging with guys that shoot only one box of ammo per year you would soon find out for yourself. People that burn lots of powder can shoot anything they want.

Keep spewing your bullchit though. Plenty of guys like you want to believe it. If you told those same guys their cartridge was the best they would shoot them as well (or as bad) as they do the smaller caliber rifle. Cause if you tell the truth when they switch rifles they are still pizz poor shots.

Dink

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Bahahaha.

So what you're saying is that High Power shooters should switch to 300 Ultra Mags. The cartridge would really perform at long range, and since the competitors shoot them a lot, they would perform just as well as their 6XCs and such. Huh, wonder why that doesn't happen?

Dumbazz.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SLM
Originally Posted by Dog_Hunter
80% of drivers

I love those 80%ers...

You're out of line sir.

thank you...

This thread is another .243 vs .25-06 in the making.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

25/06 sucks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You need to be more rounded........

And by that I mean GFY.

Have Dog

Will Travel

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Bahahaha.

So what you're saying is that High Power shooters should switch to 300 Ultra Mags. The cartridge would really perform at long range, and since the competitors shoot them a lot, they would perform just as well as their 6XCs and such. Huh, wonder why that doesn't happen?

Dumbazz.

No stupid that's not what I am saying.

If a competitor decides he wants to HUNT (this is a hunting forum) with a 300 RUM he will certainly be capable of it. It won't maim him or put him in the hospital. All he will have to do is want to hunt with it. He will kill as much game with his 300 RUM as he would anything else.

But giving a guy that hunts a 6XC will not make him a competitor. He will have burn some powder to be competitive.

If one guy shoots his 300 RUM ten times a year and another guy shoots his 6XC ten times a year both will be pizz poor shots. If you give the 300 RUM shooter the 6XC it will not miraculously make him a rifle shot.

Read that slow and often stupid.

Dink

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
243 can take a lick off my bag

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Too much gun?

Have Dog

Will Travel

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
So how much does one have to shoot before he can consider himself capable of going hunting?

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by laker
243 can take a lick off my bag

You sir are out of line.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Funny thing is, I've NEVER seen anyone who could shoot a 300 Mag as well as they could a 223. Funny how that works.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

432 members (1Longbow, 1badf350, 160user, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 163bc, 37 invisible), 2,453 guests, and 1,104 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,331
Posts18,526,672
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.