Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
SBH

So are you really that stupid or is reading and comprehension just that much of a challenge for you ?

GFY

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
the blood sausage is good.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
SBH, OOPS We were typing at exactly the same time. Relax, man, its just the internet.

Last edited by safariman; 06/04/14.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had some duck in a restaurant in Ardleigh, Essex, England that was great.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Flyer01
SBH

So are you really that stupid or is reading and comprehension just that much of a challenge for you ?

GFY

I read you fine....you jackoff.

Was trying to add to the conversation with a little honesty and truthfulness and a short story. But you had to hijack and come in with something that was Canadian-level stupid and waaaaaaaaay off the point. That means you cannot contribute to anything positive you dickweed.

You started this and I didn't. Make amends here and I'm more than happy to forgive and to move on and will not say another word.

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i kill ducks but can barely stomach them.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't eat duck often at all as I don't hunt them. This duck was cooked in a way that made it delicious.. and I could not order it but once as that was the only evening the duck was on the menu. Nuther words, the chief cooked at night what he kilt earlier that day.. His rabbit was delicious as well..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have learned some pretty good sweet and sour duck cooking methods, but they are time consuming. Same with my Orange and Honey Glazed Canada Goose. When I find the motivation, they are always scarfed up by guests, but I almost never go to the trouble other than holidays or company.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My very BEST recipe for duck is this one:

Locate a Chinese Restraunt actually run and owned by 1st Gen immigrant Chinese people. Take them a daily bag of unplucked ducks, and trade them for a dinner for you and your wife.

I used to do this all the time, but the restraunt that took them got into some trouble with the health Dpt over having wild ducks in the kitchen and it ruined my gig!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bread, wine, and cheese, all home-made, with p�on guide Rufo high on a mountain in southern Spain. He had no English, and I had just a wee bit more Spanish, but we were hunters, hunting.

(Red stag. Yes, I got a nice one � but that wasn't the acme of the hunt.)

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Another case of not being in another country. Back in the early 70's the wife and I took our first trip without the kids and went to a resort in mid-north Canada. One night we had duck l'orange, a meal which we have never forgotten. The cook was a native Indian lady. Have tried it a number of times since in other eateries and have never found it to compare.

Jim

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Was staying in Benson ,AZ . We were coming back from hunting and Donnie stops at a little general store. Gets some marinated meat and he cooks it up back at his place ,Bloody beauty it was.
Simply delicious

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by stxhunter
i kill ducks but can barely stomach them.

+1. Don't even want to clean 'em.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not exactly another country but might as well have been as we were in spitting distance of the Rio Grande. Killed a passel of white wings. Mexican cook brested them, marinated them in dark tequila for a time, slit each side of the breast meat and inserted a sliver of jalapeno. Wrapped the whole thing in bacon and grilled them fast and hot over mesquite coals.

Lots of years ago now but I still remember how good they were with charo beans and fresh tortillas.

Quando Omni Moritati
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
RSA 2008. Blue wildebeast enchiladas with chipolte sauce. YUM! grin

maddog

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Had a meal or two of Sika deer and feral (alleged) hog while on safari in Vietnam a few years back. Quite tasty.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
some type of local sausage cooked over an impromptu fire in between the drives for elk in Finland. Something about the location, the camaraderie of the Finns we were hunting with and the setting just made it perfect.

Great people the Finns. I'd go back and hunt with them any time.

Last edited by Bbear; 06/05/14.

Support your local Friends of NRA - supporting Youth Shooting Sports for more than 20 years.

Neither guns nor Liberals have a brain.

Whatever you do, Pay it Forward. - Kids are the future of the hunting and shooting world.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Never hunted another country...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Second best was chicken fajitas grilled over homemade charcoal in Sonora, MX with all the fixin's.

Best, by a wide margin, oryx filets grilled over camel thorn wood in Namibia. Best meat I've ever had anywhere for that matter.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I wasn't actually "hunting", but in Somalia we were with some Italians who had fresh meat (rabbit, chicken, lamb), fresh baked bread, pasta, and a bunch of other stuff. Much better than MREs or t-rats.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (160user, 1badf350, 10ring1, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 60 invisible), 2,534 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,336
Posts18,487,642
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.