Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 31 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 30 31
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I will tell you that the customer service at NULA is rock solid. Melvin called me this morning and was gracious and patient as I debated paint colors. This has to be the most boring conversation that man has for every build. I asked him stupid questions like " what are your most popular colors?" "what looks cool with a stainless barrel?" etc.... I ended up going with some color called "Jungle" that I have never seen and am not that worried about it. The build is ahead of schedule and I am very pleased with how I have been treated by NULA. Does anyone else work there? Melvin is the only person that answers the phone. I am still watching this post with interest. I hope Rancho is made whole with a well done repair or a new rifle. I would like to see Forbes succeed and get their schit together so that I can feel good about trying one of their NULA clones.

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
They've already blown it!

Rancho, have you had no contact of any kind in a month other for them to tell you that they didn't know anything about it and would have to check?

No apology? No,"we are doing all we can and expect it to be finished soon" kind of response?

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I think its been radio silent @ Forbes for awhile. I ordered a 280 w/SB a little more than a year ago. Right when this thread started & I got the call saying it would be finished up in a week & sent out. I was real nervous after seeing the pictures posted here @ the same time. However since then another month has gone by & I haven't heard a word from Forbes. All I can hope is that the extra delay means they actually have QC going on, although its probably just a delay from Shaw in the tube.
If it goes another month I may just dump it & try & find a Kimber instead.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Apparently not so with Forbes that, I think, Mel has a stake in. Clearly he has spoken... crazy Give it up, eh?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
I am surprised on the continuing problem here, when I received my 24B 30-06 I noticed a small area were the paint was rubbed off and were the paint had stuck to the barrel when I disassembled it to clean it. After hunting season I sent it back and after checking it out they believed the gun was assembled and packaged to soon after being painted. They striped it, re-primed and painted it, new paint job is perfect just like my 25-06 24B.

I had both of my Forbes 24B's out to the range yesterday although I reload my hunting ammo I wanted to try I couple of factory lead free loads in the 30-06. Surprised on how well it shot all three factory loads. The Hornady GMX and Barnes T-TSX both shoot under a inch and nearly the same POI while the Federal Trophy Copper was 1.5 MOA.

Ted
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by greyghost1
I think its been radio silent @ Forbes for awhile. I ordered a 280 w/SB a little more than a year ago. Right when this thread started & I got the call saying it would be finished up in a week & sent out. I was real nervous after seeing the pictures posted here @ the same time. However since then another month has gone by & I haven't heard a word from Forbes. All I can hope is that the extra delay means they actually have QC going on, although its probably just a delay from Shaw in the tube.
If it goes another month I may just dump it & try & find a Kimber instead.

Or a Weatherby Ultra Light Weight

Molan Labe
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I really like my Forbes rifles; they are my favorite u/l rifles since for me they are comfortable, easy to carry and shoot accurately. That being said....

I just can't understand why it's so hard for them to get their customer service in order. Just send out notifications; i.e. we received your gun, we're working on your gun with an estimated completion date of x, and your gun has shipped. Schedule time in production for a given amount of rework. It's so easy to set systems up like this these days.

Last edited by sigguy; 06/05/14.
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I am new to this forum and one of the reasons I joined was because I was considering ordering each of my grandsons a Forbes and my research led me here.
After reading this thread was hoping Mr Forbes would offer his opinion as to the poor build quality but he didn't (unless I missed it).

Ordering any Forbes rifle is no longer an option for me.

Does this .405 Winchester make my butt look big?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
To me, this is so hugely disappointing because I see the potential for what Forbes could be. It's hard to watch a company squander such a tremendous opportunity when the solutions are so painfully obvious. What a shame.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by 8SNAKE
To me, this is so hugely disappointing because I see the potential for what Forbes could be. It's hard to watch a company squander such a tremendous opportunity when the solutions are so painfully obvious. What a shame.

One of the best posts so far. My sentiments exactly!

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by LovesLevers

After reading this thread was hoping Mr Forbes would offer his opinion as to the poor build quality but he didn't (unless I missed it).

I don't think he's ever participated on this forum, so it's no surprise that he hasn't offered his opinion.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I emailed again this AM, wanting to know when I was getting my rifle back..

It was reported to pass QC yesterday and was to be shipped ASAP.

I have a box of factory 140 fusions, and some handloads all ready to go.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Happy to hear it. I hope it is perfect now.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Luck.

Have Dog

Will Travel

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
I emailed again this AM, wanting to know when I was getting my rifle back..

It was reported to pass QC yesterday and was to be shipped ASAP.

I have a box of factory 140 fusions, and some handloads all ready to go.

please keep us informed and let us know if they fixed the bedding or even gave you a different rifle.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by LovesLevers

I don't think he's ever participated on this forum, so it's no surprise that he hasn't offered his opinion.

Buy a Nula and you will deal with Melvin. Buy a Forbes and you will talk to the company that makes Forbes. Melvin supplies the stock, they bed them up in Mass. He has given them the rights to duplicate his action to assemble a rifle. What we receive is their doing not his.

One is made by Melvin and his couple smiths who have made thousands held to a specific standard. The other is more or less mass produced, thus the pricing difference. Forbes is obviously still in the learning curve and they will either get it right or go away. Even getting it right is no guarantee they will eventually be successful enough to stay.

I'm sure when Rancho gets his rifle back it will be what he should have received in the first place.

Last edited by battue; 06/06/14.

laissez les bons temps rouler
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My NULA 260 will be shipped in a week or so. Looking forward to it. Thinking about getting a 22lr on order today. This is with the knowledge that the magazine feeding may be sketchy

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The .22lr will compliment the .260. Mine has the magazine and it works when fed slow. Had it to do over I would have ordered the single. When fooling around it may be faster to feed it one at a time vs putting the rifle down, dropping the mag, loading it, reinserting and starting over.

If you don't go single have him send you some extra mags.

Last edited by battue; 06/06/14.

laissez les bons temps rouler
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I find myself loading one at a time with a 22 often as well. My Anschutz sporters are not without quirks. I care a great deal about how a centerfire rifle feeds and ejects. Other than sighting them in, I am shooting at something that I care about dropping. Rimfires are toys for me. I still like the idea of a repeater rimfire. I will take your advice and order extra mags.

Last edited by bonefish; 06/06/14.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I saved my .22 money for another week as Melvin is out of town. I guess it never hurts to have a delay in the purchase of another gun you really don't need.

Page 19 of 31 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 2500HD, bapple, 11 invisible), 1,551 guests, and 945 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,054
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.