Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Just got outside of another... Anybody ever had a better steak?

The Creme Brulee did not suck either.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Went there a couple weeks ago after region soccer, for the first time.

I opted for the prime rib and was not disappointed.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know about the french pepper steak at the DM (never had it) but the ribeyes at Club Paris are very hard to beat. Chair 5 actually has a very good ribeye as well.

Whenever I go to the DM I usually get on of their cajun specialties. Their Shrimp Etoufee is well worth the trip to Girdweed.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Online Shocked
Campfire Ranger
I just stay home.... [Linked Image]

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Double Muskie, pepper steak is in a word....wonderful

one of my fave meals

Vallata here locally serves up a pretty fair imitation.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Love the Octa! wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Dragging some buddies and their wives up with me next summer, planned to take the tram ride anyway, may have to check the place out, dare I ask how the prices are?!

"The day I went to work everybody showed up to watch Johnny Luster work. Well, they had a wheelbarrow there, and said I was to push that thing around all day. I looked at it, then turned around and headed for the mountians..."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prices aren't too bad, probably along the same as the Glacier Brewhouse or Simon and Seaforts. Keep in mind that there is no reservation system in place so it's first come first served.

http://www.doublemuskyinn.com/framed.html

Steelhead

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by atvalaska
I just stay home.... [Linked Image]

I see your putting that jr. explorer woodburning set to good use atv.... grin

J/K of course, what competition is that from?

Eat moose, burn spruce
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
Prices aren't too bad, probably along the same as the Glacier Brewhouse or Simon and Seaforts. Keep in mind that there is no reservation system in place so it's first come first served.

I have not been to Simon and Seaforts for quite a while... but if their prices are anything like the Muskie's I won't be going there anytime soon. The FP Steak is $38. Meals for 11 with minimal drinks, several appetizers, and desserts was over $600. Most had the steak, one had the prime rib, and another had the Cardinal (Really good!!!) last night.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Shocked
Campfire Ranger
that's..."Junior Woodchucks" btw smile ak state

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Every time my wife has been to Simon's she gets sick. After that I was talking to the guys that service the fire systems in their hoods and they said they were filthy and they wouldn't eat there. Great way to tell if a place keeps the kitchen clean is talking to the guys that service the hoods.

Only been to the Musky once and guess I made the mistake of not trying the pepper steak as our dishes were good, but not really up to the hype IMHO.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr

I have not been to Simon and Seaforts for quite a while... but if their prices are anything like the Muskie's I won't be going there anytime soon. The FP Steak is $38. Meals for 11 with minimal drinks, several appetizers, and desserts was over $600. Most had the steak, one had the prime rib, and another had the Cardinal (Really good!!!) last night.

You could spend just as much at Simons ($41 for the filet) as you could at the DM, it all depends on what you have for dinner. It's not hard to spend $600 on 11 people in any of the better restaraunts in the Anchorage bowl. Not particularly fond of New York steaks which is probably why i've never had the pepper steak.

We don't usually go out for steaks as it's really not that hard to cook a good ribeye on the grill. Costco prime cut ribeyes are my favorite.

Steelhead

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Hard to imagine Simon's is in that price point league... They have been seriously underwhelming too many times over the years to think of them as anything special.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Simon's has a great view, if you get a window seat. But food quality and service is underwhelming for sure.

Orso and Brew House are pretty solid on a decent meal, though they seem to keep fairly busy so getting a table can be a challenge, same with quick service.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well to be honest, I haven't eaten there in a year or more, sounds like it's gone downhill. Never considered it anything special ourselves, it was just a good place to meet up with friends to get the weekend going.

If we're going to Anchorage for dinner, we much prefer Haute Quarter Grill or Club Paris.

Steelhead

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We haven't been to Simon's in years and have no desire to do so. The Brew house is one of our favorites, but only go in the off tourist season. I've never been to the DM, somehow we keep forgetting it when we go out. Thats got to change soon. --- Mel

Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Simon's has a great view, if you get a window seat. But food quality and service is underwhelming for sure.

Orso and Brew House are pretty solid on a decent meal, though they seem to keep fairly busy so getting a table can be a challenge, same with quick service.

Last edited by olblue; 06/09/14. Reason: spellen what else

The only thing I'm an expert at is my own opinion, and I have plenty of those!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've been told by a few people that if you wear your Xtratuffs you get a "local" discount at DM. It might piss off the wife but it's worth a shot. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Worth a try!

The only thing I'm an expert at is my own opinion, and I have plenty of those!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
During the winter they do give big discounts to Girdwierdians on appetizers in the bar...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (10Glocks, 1minute, 16penny, 1234, 10gaugeman, 153, 57 invisible), 2,356 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,534
Posts18,472,748
Members73,939
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.