Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 23 of 31 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 30 31
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
For those of you who are COUNTING....you can reference my posts somewhere back in the bowels of this thread. Nevertheless, when I sent my defective .270 stainless 24B back (Unfired) I requested a new rifle. Rick advised me he would certainly accommodate my request, but was very forthright on the phone it would be "Mid-Summer" before the stainless .270's would run again. Since then I have been idle on my end, as I will take the man at his word. I do however expect a NEW-FULLY FUNCTIONAL/ACCURATE .270 24B Forbes rifle upon re-delivery. My gut tells me they will deliver.....if for some reason I am wrong..I will simply Demand a Full Refund...and live to fight another fight! While I believe in giving a person or company a chance to "Make It Right" once....in NO WAY will I been portrayed as the "Sacrificial-Lamb" on a Retake! One and I'm Done! Come on Forbes.....Get Your Shizz together, and Right the Ship.....as you are taking on water, very, very, very fast!

HR IC

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Wish you luck with getting a new gun.

I don't see it. I hope they give you one.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I've had a couple conversations with Forbes concerning this thread and the need to make things right. I feel confident that all will wind up to the good and Forbes has had a revelation concerning customer relations. I look forward to hearing better things very soon.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by DINK
It doesn't matter if Mel has say so or not about Forbes rifles. If you let someone put your name on a rifle you are going to held accountable for it. Good or bad.

Who ever is running Forbes is screwing the pooch. If Mel is making any money or owns stock in the company he better be paying attention.

There are only so many guys that will spend $1500ish on a rifle and a bunch of us have read this thread. I won't be buying a Forbes just like a won't play Kimber Roulette. I can't afford it.

Dink

Bingo. Pretty simple concept really.

So you're no longer appalled that Melvin Forbes hasn't stepped in personally to fix this, it's just that "If you let someone put your name on a rifle you are going to held accountable for it. Good or bad."

180 degrees is a pretty simple concept too.

Clearly you are a mental giant.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
These rifles have been in this area a few months now;used one's are starting to hit the racks(I can think of two I have seen).

I look at them every week and honestly don't see $1500 of value there....I'm not too anal about looks in a working rifle but the metal finish sucks and the actions operate like someone tossed a handful of sand into them.

The stock is OK and it's a light rifle but I'll take the Kimber all day long.

The rifle will flop.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by EdM
Clearly you are a mental giant.

Clearly you're not.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Or maybe you are. How about taking a crack at these puzzlers?

Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by EdM
We can "suspect" nothing as he has decided to not be involved. If he cannot manage two businesses at once, well that was his choice, a bad one apparently. I love the silly azz defenders of someone not performing. As I wrote earlier, some of Mel's supporters have gone wisely silent...

So, you have personal knowledge of his level of involvement in Forbes Rifles? How do you know that their business plan was/is for him to manage two businesses at once? How do you know what he's decided?

How does the fact that you manage projects for a major oil company figure into a discussion of a small-scale custom- or semi-custom rifle manufacturing operation?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BobinNH

The stock is OK and it's a light rifle but I'll take the Kimber all day long.

The rifle will flop.

I'd prefer a LH Kimber Montana 84L too, but they claim it'll never happen.

Forbes could sell a bunch of these to us southpaws. But they need to get their house in order. Big time.

Originally Posted by Llama_Bob
I've seen more well-shot game lost with TSXs than any other premium bullet.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BobinNH

The rifle will flop.

Better than even chance you are correct.

Thing is, even a Nula for the most part has a small cult following. The shooters here and some of the serious ones know, but go to the range with a Nula and since they shoot well some become curious. Always fun to hand them the rifle and they are taken back by its light weight. Next question will be who makes it? Tell them it is a Nula and you will get, "Who are they?" Tell them it is Melvin Forbes from close by in WV and no bells are rung. The Colt Light Rifle brings about the same response. And from what I see at the range, while most like a well made rifle they are quite content with the Rem, Win, Sav, Tika, etc level of weight, quality and accuracy. Combine it with the fact most don't carry a rifle around enough to get excited and dig out the extra cash to pay for light and probably not all that willing to pay for an unknown product.

Kimber spends large dollars on advertising for their entire lineup. They promote themselves. Melvin essentially relies on word of mouth and his personality along with a few writers that speak highly of his rifle. Forbes? Perhaps they also made the mistake of thinking Melvin Forbes and Nula are household names with shooters and hunters; because they are part of the cult. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think one of the Titan guys also a worked for Colt at one time.

Forbes perhaps will make a great rifle. Next thing is to figure out how to make buyers.

Last edited by battue; 06/11/14.

laissez les bons temps rouler
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Marketing is easy when the product is "right". It takes big money to counter bad press.

Do a google search on "Forbes 20b". The first three results are all from Forbes. The fourth result contains a link to this thread. That's a good indicator on the number of hits this thread is getting...and more than likely those hits aren't coming from guys on here.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by battue
Perhaps they also made the mistake of thinking Melvin Forbes and Nula are household names with shooters and hunters; because they are part of the cult.

I traded some emails with them concerning this and their marketing. They didn't need my help. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Marketing is easy when the product is "right". It takes big money to counter bad press.

Do a google search on "Forbes 20b". The first three results are all from Forbes. The fourth result contains a link to this thread. That's a good indicator on the number of hits this thread is getting�and more than likely those hits aren't coming from guys on here.

Like Kimber money? Because we both know they had more than a few "hits" from here also.

Addition:
Personally don't know if they have that kind of money or the commitment to ride out the storm.

Last edited by battue; 06/11/14.

laissez les bons temps rouler
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Yep! Kimber keeps pumping out the ads. I see their stuff in every gun publication I get.

Last edited by shortactionsmoker; 06/11/14.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Yep, Kimber is dedicated to advertising.

Another thought...Kimber had the market cornered when they introduced their product. Forbes is fighting for a place in the market with an already established producer.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Another thought...Kimber had the market cornered when they introduced their product. Forbes is fighting for a place in the market with an already established producer.

One could also argue that NULA created the market. From my perspective, Forbes was a born success that needed a reason to fail. Sadly, they managed to find one right out of the gate.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had a Kimber Montana 338 FED. nice rifle light shot pretty well.
But I like my USED WBY MK V Ultra Light Weight 30-06 bought here
on the Fire a lot more.
I was going to try and save up for a all stainless Forbes 270 WIN.
WHEN THEY come out but now
I will stay content with my WBY ULW 30-06
AMRA

Molan Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I've seen all I need to see. Who needs this kind of headache?

That's a lot of money to spend just to get the red ass.

I'm sorry for those who got stuck. It's wrong.

JM

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JohnMoses

JM

To be fair, I don't think anyone's gotten stuck yet. Forbes seems to be moving at a glacial pace to amend errors, but moving just the same.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by 8SNAKE
Originally Posted by JohnMoses

JM

To be fair, I don't think anyone's gotten stuck yet. Forbes seems to be moving at a glacial pace to amend errors, but moving just the same.

As opposed to Kimber USA quickly telling you to GFY.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Buying a screwed up rifle is getting stuck.

Page 23 of 31 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

478 members (1minute, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 48 invisible), 2,153 guests, and 1,135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,253
Posts18,504,708
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.