Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Kimber Montana in LH , nothing i have heard about so far

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
GB1

E
ejo Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by 7x57STEVE
Kimber had left hand rifles in their catalog about 12 years ago, and never made any that I know of.

I was at the set-up at the SHOT about 10 years ago and went over to the Kimber location. I asked their president, VanBrunt, if they were going to build left hand rifles. He very quickly became agitated and said that they would never build a LH rifle. When I asked him why they had put LH rifles in their catalog a couple of years earlier, he became more pissed off and said he was tired of people asking about LH rifles and referred to them as being "militant". That was one strange conversation!

Steve

Sounds like we should get his email and start sending him orders direct.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
ejo,

I like your thinking!

Kimber also had a LH rife outline on their website. When I mentioned that to Van Brunt, he said the picture was backward and then again complained about the LH militants who emailed Kimber.

Yup, Kimber never did anything wrong. It was just us LH militants causing all the trouble.

Steve

E
ejo Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I just called Kimber's marketing department and was told "nothing planned at this time, it would require to much capital investment to produce a left handed action". Basically the standard answer.

No amount of pre orders will change their mind.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I guess i will never own a Kimber Rifle other than my LH 22 lr made in Oregon

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B2

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I'm glad you all remember the LH Kimber situation years ago. I saw it on their website and went to the LGS to order one. Later, I e-mail Kimber and asked about it. They said they had no plans to produce a left hand rifle. I have no plans to buy a right handed one, so I suppose we are stuck.

As for the Forbes, I got it in my head that I really, really wanted one. I called and inquired about ordering one some time ago and couldn't get a definite date when they would become available so I waited. I am still waiting. In the mean time, I have read more about them and find myself less excited.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
I guess I should have been more clear and on-subject. No, I do not have a left handed Forbes - I am a righty.

The many negative comments such as RUM7's remark regarding NULA QC issues have been showing up on the forum recently and have puzzled me, considering the generally high quality of the rifle I picked up.

In fairness to Forbes, thought the good should be heard as well as the bad.

Jim

Last edited by OregonCoot; 06/13/14.
broomd Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OregonCoot
I guess I should have been more clear and on-subject. No, I do not have a left handed Forbes - I am a righty.....

Jim

No worries, Jim, I figured that was the case from the start but I had to ask given you posted here at the southpaw hangout.
Glad you have had a good experience. We all know that it isn't a common theme for Forbes right now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think my comments may have been misunderstood. I have nothing but praise for NULA rifles. In fact, they are at the top of my want list right now. I just can't justify one right now. Too many diapers and private schooling to pay for. Therefore, I'm rooting for the lefty Forbes to be all they are supposed to be. Glad you got a good one.

"The Ballpark burgers were free, why not eat them?"
- Wabi-
K
K
I have two LH, M24B's on order. One is in 6.5 X 55 and was told it would be available the beginning of 2015. The other is a 30-06 which I plan to hunt with this fall in Wyoming. I was led to believe a early September delivery. Either way I have several back-ups.
I have been invited to stop by the Titan factory in Westbrook Maine. The end of July I will be going through so I plan to stop. I should have a better idea of production timing after I visit.
I will post what I find out.

IC B3

I
I
I have one of the very few LH 20Bs out there (think I placed the first order with them). 7mm-08, stainless barrel and phosphate receiver. I am one of those guys that badgered Kimber for years at SHOT.

I'm perfectly happy with the fit and finish, my intended use mirrors that of broomd's. No safe queens, I just want something ultralight that shoots well and can be used hard without guilt.

So far, function is just fine. I have not had time to shoot the rifle much, so can't give you feedback on accuracy yet. I have shot the 24B in .270 and been very impressed with accuracy and suspect the 20B will be very similar. I have a great CO deer tag in hand, and the 20B will be used.

I'll keep you guys posted with shooting results later this summer. Not sure when, dealing with some extensive tornado clean-up right now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by IdahoPro
I have one of the very few LH 20Bs out there (think I placed the first order with them). 7mm-08, stainless barrel and phosphate receiver.
I'd like to see photos of it.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
I
I
It does exist, and has a nice (I think) functional look with the dull stainless barrel, matte black phosphate receiver and gray stock. I'll try to get a pic up sometime soon.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It does exist, and has a nice (I think) functional look with the dull stainless barrel, matte black phosphate receiver and gray stock. I'll try to get a pic up sometime soon.
Can't wait to see your NULA.

I
I
I wouldn't complain if it was...

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Bricktop

You mean Forbes, right?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
Originally Posted by Bricktop
You mean Forbes, right?
No.

I
I
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm sure your listed occupation of "Pro Hunting Guide" had nothing to do with that.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
That there is what I'd call a hens tooth.

It'd be nice to see a slew of them out there, not just two!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

465 members (219 Wasp, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 06hunter59, 1OntarioJim, 1minute, 50 invisible), 2,080 guests, and 1,101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,277
Posts18,505,057
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.