Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 34 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 33 34
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by RevMike
[quote=ingwe]Frankly, were it up to me, that rifle would have a more "English" cheekpiece and an English red pad, instead of the engraved ( yes�) Neidner steel but it had.
Forend would be shortened to about 8" too�.

Here you go!

[Linked Image]

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
HR IC

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
You're getting warmer!

I like the barrel band placed out a bit, Rigby style grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by ingwe
You're getting warmer!

I like the barrel band placed out a bit, Rigby style grin

Rigby style? That's the Rigby that was presented to Corbett after he shot the man-eating tigress in Champawat. You can't get much more Rigby than that! whistle

Last edited by RevMike; 06/17/14. Reason: historical accuracy

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Purdey Magazine rifle�

Take that obnoxious scope off and you'd pretty well have it!

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Purdey Magazine rifle�

[Linked Image]

Purdey? Check out WR website. That's their bolt action rifle. It's the one in the bottom case I posted above. It starts at $27,000+. Like I said, $7500 is a drop in the bucket. grin

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Here. You can check it out and even price one with all the options.

http://www.westleyrichards.com/new-guns/bolt-action-rifles

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Rev-That rifle that you so covet reminds me of a custom 270 Winchester I had Hal Hartley of Lenoir, NC build for me in 1970. Douglas premium barrel, FN Supreme action, and his famous tiger tail maple stock with 26 lines per inch checkering and fleur-de-lis engraving. It was a beauty reminiscent of the old Kentucky rifles in color.

If I had the chance to go to Africa, the greater Kudu would be the top animal on my hunting list. Too chicken to hunt dangerous game I like the more sedate species.

[Linked Image]

Kids are for people that can't have dogs
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Kitch
If I had the chance to go to Africa, the greater Kudu would be the top animal on my hunting list. Too chicken to hunt dangerous game I like the more sedate species.

I can relate. Someone asked me if hunting wild pigs is dangerous. I said, "Not 15 feet in the air it isn't."

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can relate. Someone asked me if hunting wild pigs is dangerous. I said, "Not 15 feet in the air it isn't."

Understood. I would love to hunt Grizzly or Kodiak but will remain an armchair hunter. One way I'd hunt them is by helicopter. I'd feel relatively safe at that point. I admire those that have the testicular fortitude to do it by ground.

Last edited by Kitch; 06/17/14.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Well, we just hunted pigs in Texas�with a knife at night.

Does that count?

[Linked Image]

And Ive done the Cape Buffalo thing grin

And finished a wounded leopard by pressing a rusty azzed taurus .38 special against his temple �..

Does any of this count? grin

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by RevMike
Purdey Magazine rifle�

[Linked Image]

Purdey? Check out WR website. That's their bolt action rifle. It's the one in the bottom case I posted above. It starts at $27,000+. Like I said, $7500 is a drop in the bucket. grin

Kinda wondered about that, cause of the WR style front sight�but that rifle was pictured in a Purdey ad�...

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Does that count?

[Linked Image]

And finished a wounded leopard by pressing a rusty azzed taurus .38 special against his temple �..

Cape Buffalo does. Leopard with a Taurus, not so much. As for the pigs, it all depends on who made the knife!! grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Does that count?

[Linked Image]

Yes sir, they all count. Back in my younger days I wounded a Mule Deer and had to follow him in the bush. He jumped up and charged. I ripped off my belt and had to choke him.

Does that count?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Kinda wondered about that, cause of the WR style front sight�but that rifle was pictured in a Purdey ad�...

WR wannabees!! cool

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Kitch
Yes sir, they all count. Back in my younger days I wounded a Mule Deer and had to follow him in the bush. He jumped up and charged. I ripped off my belt and had to choke him.

Does that count?

Mule deer with a belt is up there pretty high. I'm gonna go see if I can shoot a pig...assuming our summer storms hold off. I'm not much for sitting in a tree in Florida lightning.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Wimps,I stopped a charging wife once....

Took away her credit card!

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wimps,I stopped a charging wife once....

Now, here's a real man. No way I'd tackle that job without armor.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Some of these rifles look nicer than a Mark X whistle

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by MagMarc
Some of these rifles look nicer than a Mark X whistle

Same action, so I'm guessing you can dress the Mark X up a bit.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I'm betting even a poor humble priest can afford a Mark X wink

Page 15 of 34 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 33 34

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

460 members (1OntarioJim, 1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 219 Wasp, 1234, 22kHornet, 45 invisible), 2,159 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,266
Posts18,504,910
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.