Print Thread
Hop To
J
JSTUART Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J

My Daughter has an assignment due tomorrow that includes a brochure that lists the services and numbers of "helplines"...unfortunately in a moment of weakness she has asked for my assistance.
The idea being that there is the requirement of an introduction on one side of the brochure.

This is what I came up with and to tell the truth I am pretty good with it...my Daughter is somewhat unimpressed.

" Do you need help.

Are you one of those perpetually needful people that cannot go about your everyday life without the support and sympathy of all those around you, do you require a shoulder to cry on, a pocket to pilfer, a charity to plunder?

Well today is your day�on this brochure you will find all of the above, there are helplines manned 24 hours a day by uneducated cretins who are totally lacking in empathy, there are whole groups of over-indulgent worthies that will pander to your every need or whim.
You will no longer have to be responsible for your own trials, tribulations, or incredibly pathetic decisions, nor will you need to think of the future or others ever again, YOU will henceforth be fully entitled to put your own interests and dependencies first�even above the welfare of those closest to you!

Don�t wait�ring now for that golden glow of contentment only available from Government assistance."

Apparently I now have to go and fix it...and I am guessing this is why I didn't do so well at school.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Fix what ? ,spelling and grammar look fine to me, Factual and to the point

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Like she should complain if it is due tomorrow? Did she get it today? grin

I thought you would direct to the Democrat office!

Love kids and "dad, could you..." when it is just about due!

Cheers, chris

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i give it a strong B+

My diploma is a DD214
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tell you're daughter it's ironic that she is writing about help lines, and that she asked you for assistance, and after providing said assistance, she didn't want it.

There's a lesson in there.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Classic. That's some funny shiite right there...

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Do you need help.

Are you one of those perpetually needful people that cannot go about your everyday life without the support and sympathy of all those around you, do you require a shoulder to cry on, a pocket to pilfer, a charity to plunder?

Well today is your day�on this brochure you will find all of the above, there are helplines manned 24 hours a day by uneducated cretins who are totally lacking in empathy, there are whole groups of over-indulgent worthies that will pander to your every need or whim.
You will no longer have to be responsible for your own trials, tribulations, or incredibly pathetic decisions, nor will you need to think of the future or others ever again, YOU will henceforth be fully entitled to put your own interests and dependencies first�even above the welfare of those closest to you!

Don�t wait�ring now for that golden glow of contentment only available from Government assistance."

Absolute perfection....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

211 members (300_savage, 16penny, 280shooter, 29aholic, 204guy, 2ndwind, 31 invisible), 2,311 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,253
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.