Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by safariman
Once again, I have had to post about me and my stuff, but only as a response by an ignorant newbie who, for some reason, doubted my experience.

Ya i am ignorant. Just ignorant enough for you to steal $295 from me and then you lie about it. Yes I doubt your experience as an ethical, moral and honest and truthful 24HCF member. Yes, known liars, thief's and scammers truly abound and are welcome at the 24HCF.

Thanks for showing the fine rifle.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
GB1

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Wow man that looks like an awful lotta fun!

I may have to make a trip to Utah!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw
Wow man that looks like an awful lotta fun!

I may have to make a trip to Utah!

Agreed! What a terrific game and idea.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I was one of the first, I believe, to take a 204 and neck it up to .224 AFAIK, right when the 204 became available. No way to know if someone else did it at about the same time or not, but I was the first to post about such here, any way. My elk, bear, moose and African Plains Game rifle is chambered in my wildcat "340 Tyrannosaur" (8mm RemMag necked up to .338) for starters. I could go on.....

And I was an early advertiser here with my business, "Aahsome African Adventures" I took many folks from here hunting in Africa (I most often accompanied my clients on their hunts and assisted on those hunts in various ways). I had a banner ad up top here for about 5 years.

Here is a picture of me with one of my clients and a very nice Klipspringer he took:

[Linked Image]

My Client David Dirkes with his really good cape Buff:

[Linked Image]

I have many many more, but I think the point is well made. All of this was common knowledge here for a long time, but I guess it has been a while now since I was active iin this. I have a 28 minute DVD called "Hunting in Zimbabwe" that took me several years of safari's to make. It has two Elephant kills, two Cape Buff kills, a Lion Kill and lots of plains game going down on it. I am in it as an interviewer, shooter, voice over or cameraman throughout. Also have an article in African Hunter magazine. If you PM me your address, I will send you copy's of each. My business is noted and mentioned, with photos of some fine animals taken when this was a big part of how I made my living, are featured in the latest Barnes Reloading Manual, as well.

Below, my much hunted, very bloody, often loaned to clients 340 Tyrannosaur. I have posted it and info about this cartridge many, many times here.

[Linked Image]

Once again, I have had to post about me and my stuff, but only as a response by an ignorant newbie who, for some reason, doubted my experience. Members who have been around this forum a while know all of this stuff about me.

OP, I would REALLY rather this thread you started be about YOUR cartridge and rifle, but when challenged openly, I feel I must reply openly in return.

Can we all get back on track here, please? I am more than willing, but will reply with whatever proof is needed if again challenged about my background or experience by ignorant folks.

While you�re busy changing the subject by self-aggrandizing, don�t forget to mention the safari you set up that got completely screwed over.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Hell, while you're at it, don't forget to mention that "this thread is not about me." LMFAO!!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by smokepole
Hell, while you're at it, don't forget to mention that "this thread is not about me." LMFAO!!

Lol. Well said

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was only defending myself about a low blow from a person who was himself taking the topic off center. I wish it had not happened, but it did - again- and I did not start it.

Why can't everyone just let the thread be about the rifle and cartridge? I complimented the guy on his round, gave it kudo's vs the pipsqueak rounds that I personally do not care for, and then it all came to be about me instead of the rifle and cartridge, and this NOT of my doing. But, I am not going to sit and take pot shots that are wrong about me without a reply of the truth and a correction.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
If you felt the need to 'defend yourself', thats what Private Messages are for. You did want to make it about you, nothing less. You have too much fun tooting your own horn.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I complimented the guy on his round, gave it kudo's vs the pipsqueak rounds that I personally do not care for......

Two of which are right there with it.....which speaks to your awesome and superior knowledge of these things.......

And while we're on that subject, what does the fact that you were a middle man, booking hunts for people in Africa have to do with any of this? What does "Aahsome" mean?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What does "Aahsome" mean?

It means you got a free fanny pack & a picture of Craig Boddington after you booked a hunt through him!!!

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I was thinking it was an invention, designed to come up first alphabetically.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Interesting thread.

Haven't decided on one yet
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I played golf once.
A thousand yards takes a big wood.....

�BER Wood.

Have Dog

Will Travel

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 204farr

http://spiritridgeriflegolf.com/about/

Spirit Ridge Rifle GolfSpirit Ridge Rifle Golf was born in 2005 when we embarked on a mission to provide outdoorsmen with the most realistic, exhilarating and educational target shooting experience in the world. And we did it! Spirit Ridge Rifle Golf is the must-see, must-do shooting adventure for hunters and all outdoors enthusiasts!

For the Hunter
Rifle golf is a new sport designed to help you practice your skills and become a better shooter in a real-life environment as you move from target to target � using an ATV instead of a golf cart! Our unique golf-style scoring system makes the range more competitive and provides a fun way to assess your shooting skills. Offering ranges from 175 to 1200 yards, our course is designed to mimic real-life hunting experiences for riflemen of all abilities. Our special targets, complete with �vitals�, let you know when your shot is dead-on and provide an unrivaled sense of authenticity. With more than 30 targets all set at different angles, on different slopes and in varying wind conditions, you�ll really come to recognize your strengths and weaknesses as a shooter. Each of our four shooting stations provides unique challenges that will increase your experience and sharpen your abilities.

For the Novice
We�ll help you remove all doubts surrounding your ability; you�ll be able to understand and expand the limits of your skills. At Spirit Ridge, you�ll establish your own reference and confidence � then take it with you into the field where it really counts! We discourage taking long-range shots in the field without first proving yourself on the course. By reaching and pushing your limits at Spirit Ridge, you�ll develop increased accuracy and consistency, making you a more successful and more responsible hunter. Come enjoy an incredible day of fun while improving your skills. Put yourself and your rifle to the test!

Gun Golfis one of the fastest growing shooting sports in America. It contains all of the ingredients needed to inspire individuals to sharpen their shooting skills. Throw in the golf style scoring, now you and your buddies can compete for the weekly bragging rights. Gun Golf is a sport aimed at the individual who loves the outdoors, regardless if you are an avid hunter, weekend shooter or simply someone who likes to get out every once in a while to enjoy the outdoors in new and exciting ways. The game will inspire your love for the outdoors and make you a better marksmen along the way! Get ready to �Tee Off With A Bang

[Linked Image]

How much does it cost?

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Season Pass $$$?

How many rounds is the course of fire?

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Can we rename it to Poodle Pasture Pool.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 358winner
Can we rename it to Poodle Pasture Pool.

I like that one! If the club in Utah doesn't claim it, there should be a new game made up for it!

I hate golf.

204farr Offline OP
OP Offline
50 bucks for a round of golf
50 buck a year for driving range 0-1200 for load work
Season Pass $$$?(was like 400 buck a few years back )

Last edited by 204farr; 06/25/14.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
How many rounds are in a course of fire in a round of golf?

Wish I lived close by.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Let me guess: 18 golf balls at 100-900 yds and 4 shots per ball.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (219 Wasp, 204guy, 12344mag, 163bc, 1Longbow, 10gaugeman, 39 invisible), 2,117 guests, and 1,183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,224
Posts18,504,276
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.