Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 21 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 20 21
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by Ackman
When you and your domestic partner keith get unhitched for a moment, post up that Ruger work order and correspondence. I'll let you two pickle lickers resume whatever it is you two do behind closed doors with one another on Friday nights in the meantime.
You dumb@ss. It was in an earlier post, correspondence is stapled to the riflebuilder's wall. About 150 miles away. Bigmouth bricktop hasn't the sense to shut up.
A "riflebuilder's [sic] wall" isn't where it can be read in this forum. You dumbass.

The more you two dickheads tell this fairy tale, the more outlandish it becomes.

Brickhead dipsh*t is beyond stupid. Precision Rifle and Tool....why should he care what some @sshole on this forum demands. You oughta shut up.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When you and your domestic partner keith get unhitched for a moment, post up that Ruger work order and correspondence. I'll let you two pickle lickers resume whatever it is you two do behind closed doors with one another on Friday nights in the meantime.
You dumb@ss. It was in an earlier post, correspondence is stapled to the riflebuilder's wall. About 150 miles away. Bigmouth bricktop hasn't the sense to shut up.
A "riflebuilder's [sic] wall" isn't where it can be read in this forum. You dumbass.

The more you two dickheads tell this fairy tale, the more outlandish it becomes.
Brickhead dipsh*t is beyond stupid. Precision Rifle and Tool....why should he care what some @sshole on this forum demands. You oughta shut up.
"Precision Rifle and Tool" = not this forum, knucklehead.

Typical "fight or flight" response from a jackass caught in a lie. You and your life partner keith seem to have an emotional investment that this story be believed. A lot of name dropping, a lot of phony anger, but you knotheads keep avoiding the most basic item: THE RUGER WORK ORDER AND CORRESPONDENCE.

You two ladies keep stating you don't care if anyone believes the story, but you both keep posting.

So which is it? If you want to be believed, then post the requested documents and we'll analyze them. Otherwise, you both look like liars. It's that simple.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Typical "fight or flight" response from a jackass caught in a lie. You and your life partner keith seem to have an emotional investment that this story be believed. A lot of name dropping, a lot of phony anger, but you knotheads keep avoiding the most basic item: THE RUGER WORK ORDER AND CORRESPONDENCE.

You two ladies keep stating you don't care if anyone believes the story, but you both keep posting.

So which is it? If you want to be believed, then post the requested documents and we'll analyze them. Otherwise, you both look like liars. It's that simple.

Another good one. Dipsh*t with a big mouth.

Kitch Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Come on, guys lets love one another...back on topic.

[Linked Image]

Kids are for people that can't have dogs
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

And more self-righteous indignation.

Post the Ruger work order and correspondence. Save your anger for keith and pound town.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by keith
Folks have trouble reading....front guard screw could not be removed due to epoxy in the front guard screw hole in the action straight from Ruger. Front guard screw was epoxied in solid, and the stock could not be removed from the action.

Front guard screw had to be drilled out and removed with an eezy out prior the action being able to be pulled from the stock.

After checking with more custom gunsmiths that do benchrest and long range rifles, you will hear comments like, "Don't use Ruger actions for a custom Re-barrel". However, I have used two blued Ruger 77 Tang safety actions with no issues for custom Hart barrels to be installed.

After talking with several custom gunsmith on this project, what probably happened relates to the assembly process. Either the action is turned onto the barrel with power or vise a versa. The leading edge of both of the thread starts came into contact with each other and something had to give. The power of the machine just simply crammed the two together. No human could have screwed these two parts together, the process had to be accomplished under power with the other part held in a jig fixture.

With all the wonderful customer service that I personally have had over the years from Ruger, it is a shame to have a black eye like this...$1000 is a big hit to take.

Ok, honest question without the dumbass and dickheads. Does Ruger put epoxy on all barrel/action assemblies when put together?

What actions do they bed before shipping?

Sean
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Post the Ruger work order and correspondence. Save your anger for keith and pound town.

I'll be glad when you go away again. You are an assclown of the highest order. You sound like a 12 year.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bwinters

I'll be glad when you go away again. You are an assclown of the highest order. You sound like a 12 year.
Get the sand out of your vag, Sally.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by calikooknic
Does Ruger put epoxy on all barrel/action assemblies when put together?

None........ and none.......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Kinda what I was thinking Don.
But lets see what the 'experts' have to say. whistle

Sean
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kinda what I was thinking Don.
But lets see what the 'experts' have to say. whistle
Those've been my observations as well.

I'm still waiting on this:

I am going to get back with Ruger after I get the paperwork from the gunsmith where Ruger shipped the gun back to him.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
rickmenefee, this gunsmith has very exacting standards. He will indicate on the lands on the muzzle end and the chamber end to the 0.0001 that is sticking out of the head stock.

Butler247, good point. Gunsmith did not remove front guard screw, that was done at home. Hindsight being 20/20, gun should have been sent to Ruger at this point. No one could have imagined what an incredible mess the threads turned out to be on the action and the barrel tenon.

Bricktop, I got a call into Bob Davis today, really nice guy. He is going to see what he can do after Ruger re-opens after 9 days closed next week. I discussed with him two different malfunctions that could have happened, cross threading due to misalignment with power screwing the action on, and the other Posibility where the thread gualing started due to the action and the barrel's Rockwell hardness being too close. Bob told me that the barrels were hand screwed on, so that possibility is out. The reality of the Rockwell hardness being too close between the two mating metals is real. He said that Ruger did not put epoxy on threads, but it is apparent that epoxy is on threads of this action,(after the trip to and fro from Ruger) that shocked him.

Bricktop, thanks for mentioning Bob's name in your correspondence, that gave me a place to re-start an attempt to save a gun. The Customer service rep told me that there was no one else to talk to (such as her supervisor) previously.

No matter the consequences, I appreciate Bob Davis' attitude and help in trying to resolve the matter.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by huntsman22

I agree after talking to Bob Davis who is in Custom Service. He said that they did not put Epoxy on the threads of actions during assembly. However, some gunsmiths disagree with this statement. The action had the front trigger guard action screw epoxied in, and in the pictures that are posted on the interior of the action, you can see where there is epoxy in the front trigger guard screw hole. This epoxy had be applied during the assembly of the action and barrel because the barreled action had not been put in the stock. Again, we could not even get the action out of the stock when the rifle was new due to the epoxy around the front action screw.

My take is that there was a rare problem that happened during the assembly, and an employee went way outside the box to fix the problem vs scrapping the whole gun.

The problem is probably what we have seen before on some of the first Browning A bolt stainless and some 1911 in 45 ACP where there is severe gauling between stainless parts that are close to the same Rockwell Hardness. It only takes a little bit of gauling to cause threads to strip, both on assembly and disassembly when thread tolerances are tight.

Unless you want to possibly find yourself trying to depend on the Good Will of a Customer Service Manager after you have Scrapped your gun, simply don't take it apart. The amount of Good Will a Customer Service Rep may be able to exercise, may have limits based on Budget constraints.

The very best Rugers that have ever been made are being made today, they are more accurate than the Rugers made in the 80's, and they copper foul much less. Ruger Stainless barrels made today feel as smooth as Hart, Bartlin, etc barrels when pushing tight patches through them. Just do not take one of them apart unless you are willing to take a chance on having a similar experience.

Last edited by keith; 06/28/14.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Skip the name-dropping and focus on what's in your control.

I'm still waiting on this:

I am going to get back with Ruger after I get the paperwork from the gunsmith where Ruger shipped the gun back to him.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
In two weeks we will hear something from Ruger(I hope).

Brick, on Monday, call the gunsmith that I gave you the phone number of...it will be better than seeing paperwork. He made a video of removing the barrel from the action.

Maybe I should post that video on You tube as a training aid as to why you should not take a Ruger apart?

Last edited by keith; 06/28/14.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Keith you edit nearly everything you post on this. One particular post where you said "Like the mess you have on your hands now" about trusting Ruger to re-barrel a rifle (Its been edited out now). I thought it was an elderly friends gun, why is it your mess? I don't believe we're getting the full story.

Originally Posted by huntsman22

Agreed. I don't think Ruger was the source of the epoxy.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So, there is one question really here- why not just chase the threads, spin and go.... If I was faced with that on a car I sure wouldn't junk it over that little pos bug.

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
After reading all this I am pretty sure the "expert" gunsmith in all this is a little floor sweeping shop monkey named Keith who got carried away playing with the lathe.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In two weeks we will hear something from Ruger(I hope).

Brick, on Monday, call the gunsmith that I gave you the phone number of...it will be better than seeing paperwork. He made a video of removing the barrel from the action.

Maybe I should post that video on You tube as a training aid as to why you should not take a Ruger apart?
Quit pfuking around and post the Ruger work order and correspondence. No one gives a damn about any YouTube videos.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
MagMarc, it is my best friend's gun. He is really not up to the fight, he is heart sick of this problem.

Ruger is indeed the source of the epoxy, remember, the front guard screw was epoxied in, we could not remove the action from the stock.

You are getting all the story as I know it.

Colo Wolf, if you go back and look at the pictures of the threads, when the threads gauled, they ripped out hunks of metal. I talked to Greg Tannel of Gre-Tan rifles, and he said that it was $600 to fix if there was enough barrel shank to cut off all threads and re-chamber the barrel. I don't think that there is enough barrel shank for a re-chamber.

Bottom line, don't disassemble a Ruger, use another brand of action instead.

After the fiasco with the front guard screw, we shot this 6.5 Creedmore without it having been bedded. The rifle would shoot 1" groups, sometimes smaller. This is why we sent it to the gunsmith for pillar bedding the stock and muzzle break. We put perhaps 150 rounds down the tube prior to sending it to the gunsmith.

After dealing with this issue, the gunsmith will not touch another Ruger for a customer in any way, he says his time is just too valuable.

Page 7 of 21 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

534 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 160user, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 48 invisible), 2,091 guests, and 1,178 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,843
Posts18,517,235
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.