Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
I've gone 2,000 miles across the western US on this trip and I haven't seen one cop shoot a dog.

With all the reports of dog shootings on here, I would have expected to see at least a half dozen.

Truth of the matter is dogs aren't being shot at any greater rate now vs 80 yrs ago. It's just being reported better. We dug up logs from the 30s and strays were shot as a matter of practice. I certain don't condone it but it isn't new.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No doubt.

The internet scatters this kind of news instantly now. That's not all bad, either.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bea175
All cops should face mandatory jail time if he or she shoots a dog on someones property without a warrant to be on the said property.
This would fix it ASAP

Are there any exceptions?

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Another horrible dog killing by police already:

Cops Shot at Retreating Arthritic Dog Toward House Filled with Children: Business as Usual

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...ps_Shot_at_Retreating_Arthri#Post8980507

That title is a bit misleading the old basset mix Willy Pete wasn't shot at he was shot and killed as he fled to his owners's feet.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mac84
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
I've gone 2,000 miles across the western US on this trip and I haven't seen one cop shoot a dog.

With all the reports of dog shootings on here, I would have expected to see at least a half dozen.

Truth of the matter is dogs aren't being shot at any greater rate now vs 80 yrs ago. It's just being reported better. We dug up logs from the 30s and strays were shot as a matter of practice. I certain don't condone it but it isn't new.

That is a good idea! The department should claim the dog owner was a suspected child molester and the dog was a suspected stray at the same time! I hope you are the spokesofficer for your dpeartment with quick thinking like that. You could not only defuse the situation for the officer, but turn the public against the child molesting stray dog owner as well.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
IC B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rovering

Frustration like drink can only block inhibitions and reveal one's real character, not create something not already present.

now he's pyschoanalizing folks on the internet.

I've said it before apparently you, sherp and others have all dodged it artfully in lieu of your incessant BS blather about the need to keep posting any cop videos and stories, so people can stay informed.

Consider us informed.

What's the solution, and who's taking what steps towards fruition?

It certainly can't be going the route of choosing proper elected leaders to reform the system, as the last person that suggested that, ol shemp went back to his "why do you hate the police" schtick on them.

Aside from fomenting a few more folks to go "Vegas" and shoot some cops eating lunch, what are your solutions to the issue.

Use your almighty brain to spell out - other than regurgitated bitch sessions, what you feel is the appropriate course of action?

Feel free to ignore this post if your just a whiney bitch who only intends on diverting the question.

Shemp as well. I'd be really interested in what he has to offer as a logical solution.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RWE

Frustration like drink can only block inhibitions and reveal one's real character, not create something not already present.

I've said it before apparently you, sherp and others have all dodged it artfully in lieu of your incessant BS blather about the need to keep posting any cop videos and stories, so people can stay informed.

Consider us informed.

It certainly can't be going the route of choosing proper elected leaders to reform the system, as the last person that suggested that, ol shemp went back to his "why do you hate the police" schtick on them.

Aside from fomenting a few more folks to go "Vegas" and shoot some cops eating lunch, what are your solutions to the issue.

Use your almighty brain to spell out - other than regurgitated bitch sessions, what you feel is the appropriate course of action?

Feel free to ignore this post if your just a whiney bitch who only intends on diverting the question.

Shemp as well. I'd be really interested in what he has to offer as a logical solution.

Not sure why you lumped me in with someone who opposes an officer walking in to someone's backyard and shooting their dog then their fellow officers claim the homeowner was a suspect and the dog was a stray because, like you, I fully support all of that.

What more needs to be asked when someone claims to be upset by such an incident than "why do you hate all police"? If they didn't hate police in the first place they wouldn't be taking issue with what happened so the only way to begin solving the problem is to find out why the person hates all police instead of pretending they are legitimately offended by the actions that occcurred. It is what police officers online point out and rather weak that the 2 in the video didn't ask the whiney ass why. It certainly cannot be due to a wrongful action by an officer.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Are you bi-polar?

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by BrotherBart
Are you bi-polar?

No, he's just re-tarded

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Are you bi-polar?

Nope. Why do you hate the officers in this incident?

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Are you bi-polar?

No, he's just re-tarded

That is not a nice thing to say considering I am supporting the officers' actions which means had you been an officer in that town I would be defending you for doing the exact same things they did.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I meant constitute not prostitute....ppphhhkkkggg IPad .... Other than that, I did pretty well last night...carry on

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sherp

Well of course he is fed up. Most people do not understand what it is like to have to come to the aid of their co-workers no matter what has occurred like police do.

I wonder... Have you ever met Pat in person? Do you know him other than what you've read here on the Campfire?
I'd say no.
I'd also say that talking out of your ass lets everyone know how truly bad your breath is.

Yep.

I've taken a couple of long car rides with Pat, and he is a fine gentleman - as are all the others LEO's I've met from the Fire. And no, I am not a cop, I make stuff for a living.

The Trayvon Martin case looked real bad at the outset, but eventually we learned details that suggested the shooting was justified. That may be the case here, or not. If not, sue the chit out of those responsible.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by RWE

Consider us informed.

My first post in the thread offered a three tiered solution.

1) Limit most police most of the time to less than lethal weapons.

2) Have domestic animal rescue organization's volunteer college girls and old ladies share their courage and techniques for managing dogs with police.

3) Make it an act of felony animal cruelty for any LEO to kill or maim a dog unless an officer was actually bitten.

Policing is simply not as dangerous as police egos demand that they believe and scream to any uninformed enough to listen. Most police most of the time have no need to be lethally armed. As long as we allow all on duty police to be lethally armed we invite these police shootings of dogs in their own yards, old men with canes, old men in their beds, and the lobbing of grenades in cribs with babies.

Likewise, dogs just are not as dangerous as police egos demand. In a lifetime of owning dogs and nearly one of volunteer rescuing dogs, I've been bitten by everything from Pekinese to Malamutes and have never needed to harm a dog nor ever needed more than some stitches at a Doc-In-A-Box myself. The bulk of volunteers of every domestic animal rescue organization with which I've been acquainted have been little college age girls and old ladies and they've managed many thousands of dogs from the tamest to those made vicious by abuse without harming a single dog or any serious injury to volunteers. Police kill our dogs because they can kill them, not because they need to kill them. If we made it felony animal cruelty for LEO to kill or maim a dog unless an officer was actually bitten, I bet that the police could find ways to manage dogs without shooting them or slitting their throats.

Yours was a classic, tried and true deflection and suppression attempt; but even the classic 'stop whining if you don't have a solution' line falls fast and hard when solutions were offered from the start.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Rovering,

I could buy in on your itemized list....but I would strikethrough 1 and edit to read " citizens have same right to weaponize as police, and the definition a "rightous" cop shoot would be the same as a citizens"

Kinda simple really, just a thunk....

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Actually...I'd stick with my edit to 1 and be done...2 and 3 are fluff, now that I deeply contemplate...

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Actually police are citizens, so upon deeper contemplation...the next edit to 1 would be "all citizens have the right to self protections, with the same standards of legal review""

done contemplating, usually don't take much to fill me up...miniature golf and pizza with the grandsons...grins

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mac84
Originally Posted by bea175
All cops should face mandatory jail time if he or she shoots a dog on someones property without a warrant to be on the said property.
This would fix it ASAP

Are there any exceptions?

yes , only if he misses the dog

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by chas05
Actually police are citizens, so upon deeper contemplation...the next edit to 1 would be "all citizens have the right to self protections, with the same standards of legal review""

done contemplating, usually don't take much to fill me up...miniature golf and pizza with the grandsons...grins

Actually, police while performing the duties or exercising the privileges associated with their government employ are not citizens; but are what Solzhenitsyn so aptly referred to as organs of the state. The organs have only the rights, duties, and privileges that their state employer grants them, and in America we still claim that we the people control the state and its organs.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
The wonderful benefit of threads such as these is they keep the handful of derelict sock-puppets like chirp,rover and lagina off the streets and contained.

These cop bashing threads are an indirect community service to those unfortunate enough to live near these loser's grandparents and parole officers.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 01Foreman400, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 58 invisible), 2,585 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,575
Posts18,492,022
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.