-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rost495, you let your grandkids get attacked by pitbulls and other 60lb plus dangerous breeds, me, I'll kill them.

Since you see fit fer name callin, Your mommas an azzhole!

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 06/29/14.
GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
hoa's are gay and so are the little dick commies that run em.

Trump Won!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't live under one, simple.

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Only thing I live under is the Flag, and Gods blue sky

Trump Won!
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Because they are retired Yankees from big cities that are accustomed to being told what to do.

I'm pretty sure there are plenty HOAs south of your imaginary Mason-Dixon Line. smile
That's where Yankees retire to.

When my F-I-L from MN used to winter in Punta Gorda, FL, he was known in his little retirement community as the one-eyed Yankee (Glaucoma) but I assure you, it was a term of endearment.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I understand reservations about HOA's but sometimes they are there for a reason and I'm happy about that. Sometimes they might suck, depending on what a person is trying to get away with.

I have "freedom" property too completely exempt from taxes under the flag and blue skies.

I have faith in God, but even after twenty years plus in the Military, I have nothing left for the flag.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by rost495

HOA can be beyond stupid. And even worse than .gov.

The only thing worse than an HOA are the Urban Renewal Districts! But I'll leave that for another thread.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bob,

I came to the conclusion there is no hope, just enjoy the rest of your life, based on something recently. As I said above, I am tax exempt for various reasons, recently an entity sent me a bill for a "fee". They can change the verbiage and rules and you will never win.

The will be taxes, insurance, and fees, we are screwed!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Some HOA's have houses that are quite different from each other. Their purpose is to keep them neat, weeds removed, trash removed, repairs kept up, etc. Those aren't too bad. But when you see a bunch of houses or condos all essentially alike, all about the same color, with no cars in the driveways, the same kind of tree in each front yard,and stuff like that, you can be sure that the rules are far more rigid.

A few years ago, the town of Ketchum, ID (next door to Sun Valley) decided they needed to 'clean up'. The city is run like an HOA. They tried to pass a city ordinance requiring all vehicles, including RV's, boats, etc. be inside a closed garage. Many are now kept behind fences but that wasn't good enough. The corps of contractors loved the idea of building a few thousand garages but the people came out in force in open rebellion. It didn't go very far.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I moved my primary residence to be closer to grandkids, hospitals, and airport. I know there is mucho controversy over HOA's and I'm a person that everyone I know had odds on how long I could take it. Its worked out well. I've yet to kill a feral k-9, my pool is clean, and a few other benefits. Hell, I even have a garbage man and pizza delivery now.

I've pondered the situation because I bucked the odds and discovered, I'd rather live with an HOA than crappy neighbors.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No way I would or could live under an HOA. I'd kill somebody.

A fellow I used to work with bought a place in a gated "planned community" under an HOA mainly to please his wife who was raised in NYC and was afraid of all the "country people" that stopped by their place to visit.

Now, instead of the neighbors bringing by garden stuff in the summer and deer hams in the fall he gets to put up with the HOA Enforcer raising hell and issuing fines because the grass is an 1/8th of an inch too long or the wife's SUV is parked facing the wrong direction in the driveway.

And, as you might surmise, the HOA Enforcer is a transplanted Yankee from New Jersey.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Because they are retired Yankees from big cities that are accustomed to being told what to do.

I'm pretty sure there are plenty HOAs south of your imaginary Mason-Dixon Line. smile

I didn't say they were in Yankee land. All the damn Yankees waiting to die in HOA's in Florida.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by rost495
That's the other thing, folks here always seem to assume that people 'sign' up for it, not 100% the case. Guessing some folks have never heard of inheritance.

For sale.

You do know that ain't the same as sold, right?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I've pondered the situation because I bucked the odds and discovered, I'd rather live with an HOA than crappy neighbors.
Many normal people have found that they're the 'crappy neighbors' in the eyes of an HOA.

― George Orwell

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'd rather not have neighbors, pretty simple really. If a person is an [bleep], they are an [bleep], regardless of HOA or not.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you don't like HOA, you can move. The real bad 3 letters is EPA, that is where all the energy should be focused to eliminate the most worthless 3 letters...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rock Chuck, all my neighbors know that I was in prison for over twenty years for robbery and sex crimes, I have no problem with them whatsoever. laugh

All kidding aside, I have a system that will make living in an HOA community decent, assure you never get robbed, little interaction with neighbors, and always get a good nights sleep.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
Rock Chuck, all my neighbors know that I was in prison for over twenty years for robbery and sex crimes, I have no problem with them whatsoever. laugh
Don't tell them that or you'll have all the old ladies knocking on the door to see if you know any new tricks.

― George Orwell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Only the ones with tattoos laugh

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
No way I would or could live under an HOA. I'd kill somebody.

A fellow I used to work with bought a place in a gated "planned community" under an HOA mainly to please his wife who was raised in NYC and was afraid of all the "country people" that stopped by their place to visit.

Now, instead of the neighbors bringing by garden stuff in the summer and deer hams in the fall he gets to put up with the HOA Enforcer raising hell and issuing fines because the grass is an 1/8th of an inch too long or the wife's SUV is parked facing the wrong direction in the driveway.

And, as you might surmise, the HOA Enforcer is a transplanted Yankee from New Jersey.

Little people that could never make the team and their never ending search for some kind of power and recognition is mind boggling to me. crazy

grade school hall monitor
high school band member
security guard
mall cop
hoa holder of the clipboard

all weak birds of a feather searching for glory. LMMFRNAOlaughlaugh

Trump Won!
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

167 members (308xray, 1_deuce, 673, 2500HD, 01Foreman400, 444afic, 17 invisible), 1,396 guests, and 977 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,085
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.