Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Mac7 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
I'm sure some here have seen this.But didn't see it posted.

http://www.cdapress.com/news/outdoors/article_ebd85542-d0fa-527e-be2c-f69a9757b747.html?TNNoMobile

Not sure what should be done. But allowing people to break the rules doesn't set a good example.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Mac7; 06/26/14.
GB1

N
NTG Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
What!? They have rules...? Another not-thought-out-too-well show.

M
Mac7 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, that's what I posted about. Don't think they care....

M
Mac7 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Will be interesting to see what they do. I feel for the kids if they lose their tags. But what example does it set when some are allowed to break the rules.

Also what about all the kids that will miss out because they followed the rules. My daughter turns 10 in november. Was hoping she could get a late doe tag.

Last edited by Mac7; 06/29/14.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was at a firearms safety class recently, I couldn't believe the small size of the nine and ten year olds there. Most of them couldn't comfortably shoulder a high power rifle. Some could but others would struggle.
I'm all for youths hunting, they are the future, but this reg is a bad call for big game.
Those that put it (and the parents involved) should be removed from the draw and and winning tags forfeited.
There are rules.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
A letter to the editor today was by a man who'd entered his kid in a group draw. (They didn't draw.) He said that the application said nothing at all about the kid's not being eligible to apply. He asks asked what they intend to do with his application fees if they decide to throw out the permits. He wants them back.

However, he's wrong. This is in the regulations:
Since this law does not take effect until July 1, 2014, hunters who are 10 cannot apply for big game controlled hunts in the first controlled hunt application periods (April-June), but a 9-year old who will turn 10 during the season can apply in the second application period in August.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Mac7 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Agree the tags should be taken back and put in the second draw.

On youths hunting,lots of states let kids hunt big game by 10. I think it depends on the kid if they are mature enough or not. I agree there will be kids out there that shouldn't. But I know adults I trust less with a gun than my daughter.

M
Mac7 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
So he didn't follow the rules and wants his money back. LOL

Should get a fine or prohibited from the draw for a few years.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mac7
So he didn't follow the rules and wants his money back. LOL

Should get a fine or prohibited from the draw for a few years.
Absolutely agree, but we live in the age of Obama where everyone is a victim...

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

On youths hunting,lots of states let kids hunt big game by 10. I think it depends on the kid if they are mature enough or not. I agree there will be kids out there that shouldn't. But I know adults I trust less with a gun than my daughter.
Not in the 2d draw. Just complete the 1st draw with the original applicants.

― George Orwell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck

Yep.......There were 900 illegal underage winning applicants, most of them on group apps.
They should be kicked out and the rest of us redrawn with their 'winning' tags in the mix.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by broomd

Yep.......There were 900 illegal underage winning applicants, most of them on group apps.
They should be kicked out and the rest of us redrawn with their 'winning' tags in the mix.

Thanks some bullschitt.....

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la~
M
Mac7 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M

That would be fine with me if they can do that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by broomd

I'll second that. I got skunked again this year on deer, elk, bear and antelope. 5 years in a row, now.

Don't know how there could've been 'confusion' when it was plainly stated in the regs...

I wouldn't fine or punish the parents-just keep their fees, take back the tags and tell them 'better luck next year".

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Normally if an applicant is ineligible, they just keep the fee and skip over them in the drawing. If it's 1 in a group, the whole group loses out. This should be done the same way.

― George Orwell

M
Mac7 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
If the parents can't understand simple rules,maybe a fine or not being able to put in for draws might make them learn to read the rules. They should have to follow the same rules we do. Right?

I have never drawn an elk or antelope tag in ID in 16yrs of applying. One buck deer tag and 2 bear tags. I still love living and hunting/fishing in Idaho. The draw is fun it brings excitement. But in the end I'm going general tags usually and happy to live in such a great state.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
No elk in 16 years? Where are you applying? There are lots of units with pretty good odds. One time we drew bull tags 4 years running, twice in the 1st draw and twice in the 2d draw.

― George Orwell

M
Mac7 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
I've jumped around units. Have put in mostly for bull tags but also a few easy to draw cow tags. Just haven't ever had any luck on drawing a tag. My wife has drawn cow tags 2yrs in a row. No complaints love taking her elk hunting.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There is supposed to be an official announcement by 5pm MST today on ID F&G website on this snafu.
I read that that the resolution will be directly from the state's attorneys office. This is rumor so bear with me.

Invalidation should be a no-brainer, it says right in the regs that any invalid apps are to be disqualified. This could greatly change the results statewide.
Who really knows though with the victim-mentality society we live in nowadays...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (1234, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1936M71, 10gaugemag, 71 invisible), 2,479 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,078
Posts18,482,781
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.