Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I tried that once, using an RCBS chargemaster. Somehow, random charge weights kept getting punched in on the keyboard, didn't work worth spit.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Chargemaster? Those things are gay.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by calikooknic
I like the wall mounted types. They're always there.

Travis

Same with a pocket knife.

Not if you reload naked.

Travis

Damn....I guess the pocket knife thing is out for me then.

I travel for a living and have been stuck in many a hotel room with no bottle opener. I've found the striker plate to the bathroom door to be a field expedient bottle opener. You have to wrap a towel around the neck of the bottle because you've got it turned sideways when the top comes off and a little will pour out, but other than that it works just dandy.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

"I travel for a living and have been stuck in many a hotel room with no bottle opener. I've found the striker plate to the bathroom door to be a field expedient bottle opener. You have to wrap a towel around the neck of the bottle because you've got it turned sideways when the top comes off and a little will pour out, but other than that it works just dandy. [/quote]

Same here Crowhunter, except I place the edge of the cap on the top of the striker plate, then slap it with my palm. No mess, and if you can't do it without breaking the bottle its time to quit anyway.

Last edited by Brazos; 06/28/14.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

IC B2

CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I must be a heretic, I love to have a quality beer, bourbon, or other distilled spirit while reloading. It is a very relaxing endeavour.

As far as opening a beer bottle, where there is a will a way.

Arcus Venator
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Chargemaster? Those things are gay.

Travis

This one wasn't. It also dispenses Jagermeister shots.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Well I'm not a gunwriter, but this is really a question best answered by a carpenter anyway. The best thing is to just be prepared. I have a church keys with magnets stuck to both the fridge and the top shelf of my loading bench. Have a church key in the top drawer of my garage bench, a bottle opener built into my cat's claw in my tool bag, one built into my pocket wiring tool and one on my key ring...in a pinch I've opened bottles with bic lighters, tie wire tools, hammer claws, pocket knives and truck tailgates. I have yet to find a beer that I couldn't get open(well the first dozen or so anyway grin)

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Crow hunter

I travel for a living and have been stuck in many a hotel room with no bottle opener. I've found the striker plate to the bathroom door to be a field expedient bottle opener. You have to wrap a towel around the neck of the bottle because you've got it turned sideways when the top comes off and a little will pour out, but other than that it works just dandy.

If you wrap your dick beater around the neck of a bottle (just below the cap) put a knife blade between the hand and cap, and pry up, it works very well.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Depends on the crowd and the country. In the Czech Republic there's a liqueur like Jagermeister, traditionally accompanied by a beer. Or at least it was among the guys I hunted with. I made the mistake of drinking the beer and passing on the liqueur. Should have done it the other way around, as I apparently have very efficient kidneys.

Never have seen anybody drink more than a very little before hunting over there, but have seen them drink quite a bit afterward!

Did you know the Czechs drink FAR more per capita than any other country?? Just recently found this out. I thought the Germans held that distinction but not so!

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B3

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
Depends on the crowd and the country. In the Czech Republic there's a liqueur like Jagermeister, traditionally accompanied by a beer. Or at least it was among the guys I hunted with. I made the mistake of drinking the beer and passing on the liqueur. Should have done it the other way around, as I apparently have very efficient kidneys.

Never have seen anybody drink more than a very little before hunting over there, but have seen them drink quite a bit afterward!

Did you know the Czechs drink FAR more per capita than any other country?? Just recently found this out. I thought the Germans held that distinction but not so!

I was in Prague in 1996 which wasn't too long after the end of communism. The exchange rate was crazy good, dinner at a very nice restaurant would run you $4. The entrepreneurial spirit was hitting quite a few Czechs and one fellow had set up a bar in an old nuclear fallout shelter beneath the city. I went down a few flights of stairs and it opened up into two big domed concrete rooms where he'd set up some huge long oak tables and had a couple of guys playing guitars & singing in the corner. Basically it was an underground beer hall. He had a few busty girls serving beer (Czech girls are gorgeous). There was a couple of very good local beers on tap and with the exchange rate being what it was it came out to 11 cents a pint.

It was good.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

win/win.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
or

if you have a .50

[Linked Image]

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Man up. This is for your reloading room.

[Linked Image]

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Stocking stuffer from last Christmas:

[Linked Image]

Hangs on the pegboard with other essential tools.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yuppie popper.

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Dennis,

The lists I've seen don't put the Czechs a the top, but they're generally in the Top 10!

The stuff to watch out for is slivovitz, their plum brandy. Though when I was over there the Czechs who we hunted with were much more interested in the bottle of Jack Daniels my hunting partner brought along.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Crow Hunter,

I was there in 1993, and prices were similar. We found some very decent red wine for about $1 a bottle, a fifth of slivovitz was around $3, and a several-course dinner $5-6. Czech pivo at 11 cents is a heck of a bargain!

Have heard Prague is pretty pricey now, due to the success of capitalism....

Czech women are beautiful, but my wife thinks most Czech men define "nerd."

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
U
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
U

Czech women are beautiful, but my wife thinks most Czech men define "nerd."

That would seem like a low competition environment for a suave globetrotting adventurer such as yourself.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm really not sure this one can be beat...

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

144 members (79S, 6MMWASP, 260Remguy, 673, 1_deuce, 22 invisible), 1,179 guests, and 1,066 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,205
Posts18,524,240
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.