Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
as an addendum, the rancor and nasty comments in these threads come mostly from the police and their supporters.
Exactly right.

+1.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Psychiatric Attendants are only there to enforce the ward rules, doctor and head nurse orders...

That excuse didn't work at Nuremburg.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Mac84
No kidding. Orderly to bodyguard.
Orderlies deal with bed pans and such. That was a different staff. Psychiatric Attendants are only there to enforce the ward rules, doctor and head nurse orders, and to protect the patients and staff from patient violence.

You should explain what levels of force you were allowed to use on patients that exhibited varying levels of resistance.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by tjm10025
Psychiatric Attendants are only there to enforce the ward rules, doctor and head nurse orders...

That excuse didn't work at Nuremburg.

+1

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by deflave
as an addendum, the rancor and nasty comments in these threads come mostly from the police and their supporters.
Exactly right.

+1.

Travis
You da man, Travis. wink

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

You should explain what levels of force you were allowed to use on patients that exhibited varying levels of resistance.

Travis
No striking or choking was allowed, period. Only holds and control techniques. My Jiu-Jitsu training came in quite handy.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
So if a patient was assaultive you could only use hand control techniques?

Travis

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
So if a patient was assaultive you could only use hand control techniques?

Travis
A strike of a patient, or a choke hold, or serious joint or bone injury attributable to an Attendant's actions, would result, I'm fairly certain, in being fired on the spot. You go into the job knowing this, so you make do. Typically, we tried to make sure there were at least two attendants in each area at all times, and the head nurse (from behind the plexiglass barrier where she stayed 99% of the time) would then broadcast the code, which resulted in nearby attendants rushing to your section.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I know a lieutenant that landed a Huey without a rotor system one day. It was a fairly rough landing by any standard I'm familiar with. He became a deputy sheriff later on. I give him chitt about that every time I see him. Even the average PFC knows that rotor blades are not a good substitute for a chainsaw.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
SWARM! SWARM! SWARM!

Travis

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
SWARM! SWARM! SWARM!

Travis
grin Love that Seinfeld episode.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I love 'em all...

Travis

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
I know a lieutenant that landed a Huey without a rotor system one day. It was a fairly rough landing by any standard I'm familiar with. He became a deputy sheriff later on. I give him chitt about that every time I see him. Even the average PFC knows that rotor blades are not a good substitute for a chainsaw.

Is that because the rotor blades are expensive? Or less effective?

Travis

T LEE Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 4ager

a couple of things come to mind. First, that most of these incidents come as a result of the 'war on drugs'. Maybe we should not be calling local police efforts a WAR. That is sending the wrong signal to the police.
Second, a huge percentage of new police persons are recent military veterans. It's possible that they have a mindset of killing things, particularly since they are told we are 'at war with drugs'.
Third, with the proliferation of military equipment being used by local police, I see a lot of the "if you have it, you'll use it" mentality.

Of course, I'm just a dumb ole country boy, but this is how I view it.

and as an addendum, the rancor and nasty comments in these threads come mostly from the police and their supporters. Vile ad hominem attacks and the like are common currency with those that are 'tired of the attacks on the police'.

The only change has been smart phones and societies ability to share media with the entire world in the push of just a few buttons.

There is nothing pretty about the use of force and people that are subject matter experts on the use of force know that a video gives one dimension to a four dimension story. People that do not understand the legal parameters of the use of force have a difficult time seeing much of the footage and believing it could be justified in a court of law. And that is understandable.

Travis

Shooting an unarmed man in the back when he has agreed to surrender (AZ) is indefensible. Shooting an elderly man in the back during a traffic stop (with no probable cause) in front of his wife because he needs his cane to stand (SC) is indefensible.

Shooting a man's dog in front of him when you've been called BY the man to investigate a burglary of his home (TX), in his fenced in yard when you have no warrant, no probable cause, and no damned reason to be there (UT), shooting an old Bassett hound in front of a woman and her kids and firing toward that woman and her kids when you have no warrant, no probable cause, and no reason to be on their property (WV), among many others, is indefensible.

Yep and these are the exceptions that prove the rule. 99% of interactions with LE DO NOT result in a shooting or excessive violence. It is the sensationalism that makes these popular, not the mundane day to day type of LE interactions.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

T LEE Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

TRUTH!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Is that because the rotor blades are expensive? Or less effective?

Travis

Yes.

They are also useful for controlled flight.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Travis
No striking or choking was allowed, period. Only holds and control techniques. My Jiu-Jitsu training came in quite handy.

How 'bout this....could you do this ?
[Linked Image]

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When an OP calls out to a member he likes to express both his support for that member and his disdain for other members, does the mess that results qualify as a "call out" thread? If so, please keep in mind that call out threads are stupid.

I'm better when I move.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Exactly right.

+1.
Travis

IMO, the majority of LEO's around here loosing their "I'm smarter and better than everyone else" attitudes would go a long way to keeping the peace on these threads.
Granted, not every LEO's a puppy shooting donut eater, and the OP seldom starts one with "keeping the peace" in mind but the tendancy to defend the obvious abuses when they don't know any more about the instance than the rest of us really comes off as arrogant.

Just my $.02 and worth half that much.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mac84
No kidding. Orderly to bodyguard.
Orderlies deal with bed pans and such. That was a different staff. Psychiatric Attendants are only there to enforce the ward rules, doctor and head nurse orders, and to protect the patients and staff from patient violence.

Travis

PFS. Most cops on TV show you a basic technique when they have someone�s shoulder on the verge of dislocation while they yell do not resist. Of course the natural inclination is to not have your shoulder dislocated, so the opportunity for the cops to further practice naturally presents itself.
cops, just like politicians, should be viewed with some reservation; they're on of the few professions specifically designed to give control over the citizenry. I�m sure cops fully understand this and welcome review of their conduct, unless of course they feel above the norms of society or excluded by it�s bounds.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (257Bob, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 160user, 21, 260madman, 47 invisible), 2,654 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,368
Posts18,527,357
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.