Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 19 1 2 3 4 18 19
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Thank you. Just to set the record straight, I am only in one of those pictures, being the cameraman in the others. But they do provide a good general picture of the kinds of fun I and a bunch of other guys had serving our country and protecting Europe from the Communist Menace!

It worked!

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by stxhunter
after a hard days fishing and being up almost 2 days.
[Linked Image]

...not to mention polishing off the better part of a jar of 'shine during that 48 hours...
grin

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Thank you. Just to set the record straight, I am only in one of those pictures, being the cameraman in the others. But they do provide a good general picture of the kinds of fun I and a bunch of other guys had serving our country and protecting Europe from the Communist Menace!

It worked!

Yes, and thank you all for your service.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice Avatar FlyingDog, any story to go with it?

The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment. � WARREN G. BENNIS
4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Elmer_3
Take_a_knee,

You've talked about "BT/DT" damned near everywhere for a long time. Serious question/request: how about some pics? You have to have some really cool images from all over, so how about sharing some?
oh goody another callout post, lets seem of yours? Unless you got more chins than a chinese phone book.

WTF is that supposed to mean?

Not a call out post at all. The dude talks about being in a schit-ton of places. I, for one, would like to see the travel pics. There's no flame intended, nor any slight. As for the rest of your post, I haven't a clue as to what the Hell you're trying to say.
Yeah, it's a callout post, whether you think or say so or not. The man doesn't want to post pics. So what? Believe him or don't believe him. It's your choice.

Instead of badgering folks to post pics or "prove" they are what they say they are when it doesn't really matter, why not post up some entertaining pics of your own? Just a thought.

No, it wasn't. I didn't know that 1) he didn't have the pics in a format to post, or 2) that he thought so little of here that he wouldn't in the first place. It was a curiosity about strange lands and strange times; nothing more, nothing less.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
No foul 4ager. Were I not such a lazy techno-inept SOB, I'd probably post some.

4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Roger. No harm, foul, or insult intended.

Some of the coolest threads on this site are the ones of the times and travels of guys going all over Creation, normally into or around "the schit", living to tell about it and showing the pics. The various 'Nam threads, guys on deployment in the ME, Coasties doing Coastie things...

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
No, it wasn't. I didn't know that 1) he didn't have the pics in a format to post, or 2) that he thought so little of here that he wouldn't in the first place. It was a curiosity about strange lands and strange times; nothing more, nothing less.

It's also an ongoing insult directed towards him by people who call him a liar. Given that I think he responded very admirably towards you.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Jim, great pics. I guess like TAK, I've always been piss poor about taking pics. Wish I hadn't been for so long.. Very much enjoy some of the pics people here share tho..
Here's myself, son, and niece cruising the bay...not that anybody asked smile
[Linked Image]

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by plainsman456
They are all classified. grin

May be redacted. laugh

In the midst of actually doing things taking selfies to post on 24HourFacebook might just take a back seat. When kids enter the picture it�s a different story as you want to preserve those memories and kids don�t stay kids for long. But an adult male taking lone pictures of himself all the time is a tad gay.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well, I for one am damned proud of my military adventures.

I have dined al fresco in some of the finest garbage dumps in Germany.

[Linked Image]

Shat in the prettiest woods in Bavaria.

[Linked Image]

Managed to bog down some of the most un-bog-downable all terrain vehicles in the world.

[Linked Image]

Provided heavy artillery support with the finest high tech weapons imaginable.

[Linked Image]

And the best of all, enjoyed the sophisticated camaraderie of the most genteel, well educated young men America has to offer.

[Linked Image]

Infantry, Queen of Battle!

(although somehow on this website, saying you're queen of anything might not be the best idea.....)

Thank you for the pictures.

But most of all, thank "You". You are one of the many who are the reason I and my family are here today, and enjoy the life we do smile

Lynn

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Uriah
Originally Posted by plainsman456
They are all classified. grin

May be redacted. laugh

In the midst of actually doing things taking selfies to post on 24HourFacebook might just take a back seat. When kids enter the picture it�s a different story as you want to preserve those memories and kids don�t stay kids for long. But an adult male taking lone pictures of himself all the time is a tad gay.

So you have a lot of lone pictures of yourself?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Nope, but you sure post a lot of your selfies here. And now I'm beginning to suspect I know why you keep calling for men to post pictures of themselves for you to look at.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'm just glad Take_a_knee never got good with the camera, I hear he is one ugly sumbitch.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
With a GT score of 147, most likely not. What was yours when you served?
Oh but of course it was...So you get called on your BS and respond with yet another unsubstantiated claim. Not only will you not back any of the claims you have made, but I'm betting you cant even back up that you have served.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Call-out threads are ridiculous. Especially when they get to the point of questioning a guy about whether he served or not.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Oh but of course it was...So you get called on your BS and respond with yet another unsubstantiated claim. Not only will you not back any of the claims you have made, but I'm betting you cant even back up that you have served.
my, this is condescending for KevinGibson

what if T-A-K is a black man? would you punch yourself in the balls and bite your bottom lip in contrition?

4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smokepole
Call-out threads are ridiculous. Especially when they get to the point of questioning a guy about whether he served or not.

Agreed. I started this schitshow hoping to maybe see some cool pics of weird times/places in the world.

Now? Well, I understand why he won't post any.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by GunGeek

Okay MOFO, you get the "flave" Tx. He called me a liar and I challenged his azz to a 2K bet that I could/can produce DD-214's and diplomas from every military school I've ever attended. He backed down. You wanna play? I really don't want your money a couple of "Gibson special" handguns, that I can resell here cheap, will suffice.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
i have nothing against you, but if you scored 147 what can be so hard about posting a pic. it would get a lot of guys off your back and give you some credibility.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 2 of 19 1 2 3 4 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

656 members (1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 160user, 1Longbow, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 68 invisible), 2,977 guests, and 1,274 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,622
Posts18,492,717
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.