I knew what you meant.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by northern_dave
The chit talk about the 1911 confuses the hell out of me.

Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
cast-off schidt.

Seriously?

I would call it more of a reluctant surrender of the 1911, certainly not something that was "cast off".

Yes, seriously. Most of those 1911's were shoddy rattle-traps, assembled by kids who didn't have a clue, and the issue mags were worse. And that brings up another issue with the 1911, the damn fragile magazines.

No, the M92 was not well-recieved, for good reason. But I will reluctantly say that it is was a better gun for a GI than a 1911, or at least the ones in the inventory outside of MARSOC's or CAG's hand-built guns.

I concur that their ain't no flies on an M79 grenade launcher, but I'd rather have one mounted on the bottom of an M4. The 79 has better sights, but I got pretty good with that front leaf

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
We were through khobar on our way up, stayed there a few days after a scud hit a barracks there. That was a mess.

We worked at the port during the day but didn't always stay there. Seems like a million years ago.

Something clever here.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yes it does feel like a million years ago. But they were good times.

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 07/03/14.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I swapped out thousands of slides on M9's in the early 90's after a few servicemen ate half a slide while firing at the range.

We replaced the slides with new ones that had a slot milled on the left side of the rear portion of the slide. Hammer pin was also replaced with a new pin that had a large flat head, like a dime which rode in the new slot on the new slide.

It was supposed to work like a safety stop to jam and hold the back half of the slide in case it broke around the ejection port.

Something clever here.

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
We would go through 2-5 slides a year on the M9, never saw one break completely, but they would break one side. Locking blocks would break constantly.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yes, seriously. Most of those 1911's were shoddy rattle-traps, assembled by kids (name TAK) who didn't have a clue,

Fixed it for you 147

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I swapped out thousands of slides on M9's in the early 90's after a few servicemen ate half a slide while firing at the range.

We replaced the slides with new ones that had a slot milled on the left side of the rear portion of the slide. Hammer pin was also replaced with a new pin that had a large flat head, like a dime which rode in the new slot on the new slide.

It was supposed to work like a safety stop to jam and hold the back half of the slide in case it broke around the ejection port.

That was the SEAL guns, pre- M9 versions that broke in half. The major problem with the M9 was/is the locking block. If the locking blocks were replaced when worn, and if it was easy to remove, it was worn, then the gun would run a long time, much longer than any issue 1911 without something breaking on it.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Yes, seriously. Most of those 1911's were shoddy rattle-traps, assembled by kids who didn't have a clue,

Like the ones that Quantico built for MARSOC, total pieces of trash, literally built by E-3/E-4 "kids". I met some of them.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
TAK you have done it all with no pictures and can't even speak the language. But hell carry on as it is funnier then hell.

IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
TAK you have done it all with no pictures and can't even speak the language. But hell carry on as it is funnier then hell.

What are the two primary treatable causes of death on the battlefield genius? How many bags of colloid solution can you infuse on a wounded patient? What is the proper ET tube size for a cricothyroidotomy on an adult? I could do this all day but for the fact I have some work to do.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Blah blah blah. I don't claim to be SF or a medic. But I did stay at a holiday inn express a couple weeks ago.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Blah blah blah. I don't claim to be SF or a medic. But I did stay at a holiday inn express a couple weeks ago.

I don't claim to be an expert on helicopter nomenclature either, I just ride in whatever shows up.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
But you claim to know about weapons and DON'T. You try to talk about the Marine Corps but don't know [bleep] about it.

I could have made a call or two to answer your questions but I am not in to BS.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N

That was the SEAL guns, pre- M9 versions that broke in half. The major problem with the M9 was/is the locking block. If the locking blocks were replaced when worn, and if it was easy to remove, it was worn, then the gun would run a long time, much longer than any issue 1911 without something breaking on it.

"SEAL guns"? scratching my head... Pre M9? I'm certain I still have a slide or 2 from that huge recall type effort. Lemme look...

Yep, looks like an M9 to me...

[Linked Image]

Pre mod, no slot...

[Linked Image]

As far as running longer than any issued 1911???

I guess I just have to disagree.

Something clever here.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by stxhunter
after a hard days fishing and being up almost 2 days.
[Linked Image]

...not to mention polishing off the better part of a jar of 'shine during that 48 hours...
grin

Ahem, try TWO jars, sleepyhead. We were busy downstairs while you boys were snoozing...

wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Well, yes, I do, especially seeing as how I've trained a bunch of them. The only ones that are worth killing are the ones the Army has put through the SOF program. I've taught TCCC to a mixed Navy group and the SEABEE's were way more competent than the corpsman at the end of the course.

You may want to watch who you say that around. Some Marines don't take well to anyone messing with their corpsmen.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Uriah
Poor Transvestite: busted by his own posts and trying to cover his tracks.

Poor TAK/Uterus.

Laughin' my ass off...

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Yes sir looks like M9 to me, but I am not SF so not qualified to make the call!

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Uriah
Poor Transvestite: busted by his own posts and trying to cover his tracks.

Poor TAK/Uterus.

Laughin' my ass off...

Travis

Poor Transvestite�no comeback other than that.

Page 15 of 19 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

253 members (264mag, 2500HD, 257 mag, 160user, 1shotnokilz, 30incher, 20 invisible), 16,950 guests, and 1,028 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,880
Posts18,538,331
Members74,050
Most Online20,796
Yesterday at 04:44 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.