Hop To
Page 18 of 19 1 2 16 17 18 19
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I've oft times wondered why folks from California put California in the Loc: block. As if we couldn't tell, sans Sal.

What special kind of moron associates (and on that basis) condemns a conservative defense of a most fundamental conservative concept (the natural family) on the basis that someone's GPS coordinates happen to be a place on a map knowns as Kalifornia? What special kind of idiot employs that kind of "logic"?? crazy

Thanks for proving my point.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Colo_Wolf

What special kind of moron associates (and on that basis) condemns a conservative defense of a most fundamental conservative concept (the natural family) on the basis that someone's GPS coordinates happen to be a place on a map knowns as Kalifornia? What special kind of idiot employs that kind of "logic"?? crazy

A functional alcoholic with myopic vision along with delusions that his is the only way.

grin grin grin

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by ingwe

Couldn't agree with you more Travis. Really tired of paying for somebody else's demon spawn.

Yeah. In the world of RobJordan it makes sense for the guy that isn't married (meaning he can't possibly burden the family courts or CSED) and has no kids (so he can't possibly benefit from the public school system) to receive ZERO tax breaks.

Travis

Its Jordan. How ironic that you, a father of two, (is it?), who claims to be married, (and believe me, we're starting to wonder!) conceives of the family as parasitic, as public burden, rather than a benefit. That can only come from your experience with family, derived, I presume from your experience with your parents, siblings and your own wife and children. Were all of them parasites sucking off the system? On the face of your sweeping generalization and condemnation of the family, apparently so!

My experience with family (and the experience of every society in the known history of the world) is just the opposite of yours: it is in the family proper---a family with a mother and father at its head---that boys are most likely to learn a proper respect for womanhood, to learn how to become men, to learn the moral virtues (including the virtues of self-discipline, frugality, selflessness and hard work) that are so essential for individual success and happiness and therewith, societal success and happiness. It is in broken families---families of divorced women and in which there is no male role model ("families" in which there really is no family, in the proper meaning of the word) where children tend to become parasitic; where social welfare agencies and schools become, of necessity, substitutes for absent parents, lousy parents or no parents at all. That's why the subjects of Charles Murray's great book "Losing Ground" made such a point of emphasizing the tragic consequence of welfare driving men from the home and thereby impoverishing families, creating a permanent underclass and creating generations of juvenile delinquent males who, without a proper male role model, grow to rape, steal, pillage and murder. All of which militates strongly in favor of ever larger and more intrusive government, not less. Out of wedlocks births in the black family are what, close to 70%. It didn't use to be this way. And white "families" are hot on the heels of blacks.

The point is that the destruction of the American family mirrors the increased demand for social welfare and the concomitant massive increase in government. especially since the 60s. This is the primary reason why Marx (like you) so strongly desired the destruction of the heterosexual, two parent family. It was the family (the family according to nature) that was a bulwark against dependence on government and Marx wanted individuals to look first to the government for support, not themselves or their families. It is indisputable that the breakdown of the family increases dependence on government. That is why the Founders, who believed in limited government, favored the institution of the family as "that seminary upon which the nation ultimately depends for its manners as well as its numbers." They wanted a citizenry whose "needs" were consonant with limited government, not a nanny state.

Marxism demands exactly the opposite and as anyone with the IQ of an ant can comprehend, the neo-Marxian dream for the destruction of the natural family has been taken up by the sodomy rights movement, which is now the driving force toward the realization of this pivotal Marxian goal. The more honest proponents of the political agenda of the homosexual rights movement (I posted a video link several months ago) are outspoken and very candid that marriage equality is not the goal. The goal is the destruction of marriage altogether. The logic is simple: by having a public policy that uncouples marriage from its natural ends (procreation and the good rearing of the young into responsible adults) and re-conceptualizing marriage as purely a contractual relationship based on solely on the transient and emotional needs of adults, "natural" marriage will simply become one of any number of acceptable alternate arrangements, one no more superior than the other. And given that maintaining a natural marriage---an arrangement that primarily benefits children---is difficult under the best circumstances, why bother? Once marriage is detached from its natural purposes and re-conceptualized as whatever arrangement serves the pleasure of consenting adults, then the needs of children are, by definition, no longer a consideration and any arrangement between two adults which places the needs of children first (such as natural marriage) is just one alternative among many, neither legally or intrinsically morally superior to any other arrangement. The intended consequence will be a massive upswing in demands for governmental intervention (more prisons, more social workers, more welfare), not less. That is their endgame. By removing parents and the home as the primary source of emotional, physical and psychological sustenance for children (as the primary source of moral education) and replacing parents and the home with the State, Leftism (neo-Marxism) can then mold children into the model citizens (the "new men") that Marxism hopes to create.

The reason government policy favors heterosexual marriage (and even at that, it barely does so and BTW, the withdrawal of preference for natural marriage has coincided tightly with its destruction and a corresponding increase in the demand for social service and governmental intervention) is because nature, reason and experience all show that a society comprised of adults raised in homes presided over by two loving, parents (each of whom makes a special contribution to the well being of their children by virtue of their [the parents'] distinct and different genders, is the society most likely to be the least dependent on other families---on other people (i.e., least dependent on the government) for its basic, fundamental needs. This is why limited government presupposes a society that inculcates the moral virtues in its citizens. Children who are raised to work hard, not to steal, not to lie, not to cheat, to save their money, to respect the rights of others, etc., etc. grow into adults who are far less likely to darken the courthouse door or the door of the welfare agency.

It is rather stunning is it not, that on this most fundamental question, a moderator on this board (who, not coincidentally I would argue, is constantly soliciting other men to "suck his cock") has more in common with Karl Marx than with George Washington?

Jordan

Very well stated Jordan, but I'm afraid you are only casting pearls before swine, as far as most of these posters go. This little "coliquy" in this thread is emblematic of what is wrong with this nation. Me-monkey mofos, fundamentally ignorant of what this country was founded on, who mock everything that is good and proper, are little better than the welfare ho's they love to denigrate. "Conservatives"? I think not.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Awesome pix, Uriah!

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
This was in Balad.

[Linked Image]

Damn dude!

Walk into a stabilator?

Thanks for the Al-Asad pictures. I'm having a hard time placing exactly where on the base they're taken. I wasn't there until 2009.

I lived up on Tower Rd right across from the tower in a bunch of chu's called Tripoli City. There was a real small shoppette there and a dfac. About 1/2 a mile from the trash incinerators.

That sunset picture is a perfect capture of what I remember there. That and the never ending sand storms there.

I've got some pictures somewhere around here of my office there. I'll see if I can find them and send them to ya via PM.

Was fixing a sliding doghouse. Someone spun the head without saying anything. I stood up hit the aft corner of the blade and fell off the helicopter.

As for the pictures they are on the taxi ways going up the hill to the runways. The Big White hanger is in one of the pictures. In front of the Big White hanger was the SF compound. Where you lived was emptiness when I was there. I had heard that DFAC up there burnt like three days after they opened it. I was in Balad by then.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I've been ignoring this thread....

it is a little disheartening when you see fellow vets piss on other fellow vets...

Personally I'd like to thank each one of you for your service...

Each one of you are better than some civilian who was too self centered to serve his country.... those are the ones I figured would be here slinging crap at veterans...

just my take on it all...

sorry if that pisses anyone off, but that is how I see it...

some good guys arguing with some other good guys...

makes no sense...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, you fuggers take note. Being a vet, automaticaly makes you a good guy AND better than any of us LOWLY civvies. Seafire said so. So it must be true.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Funny thing is.. I served my community and probably hung my ass out farther than shefire ever came close to. And I gladly did it for no pay and Benny's ..

Do I think I was better? Nope..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I hear tell that 'Doctors' are worthy of more respect too.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Colo_Wolf

A functional alcoholic with myopic vision along with delusions that his is the only way.

Sweet, another one that was fondled by a family member offering up 'opinions' to California [bleep].

You can't make this shiet up

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I have met more than one veteran that was a completely useless POS.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Having not served, I am humbled and a little embarrassed that I was able but chose not too. I truly appreciate the sacrifice any vet made to serve. My dad served in WWII and he paid a price, short of his life, but a price.
That said, doesn't make 'em perfect people, they're just people like anyone else.

LOL
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I have met more than one anything that was a completely useless POS. Of course the odds of meeting such rises exponentially the closer to I-5 one gets.

I don't like folks that wave their military time, just as I don't like those that wave Jesus.

The best aren't braggarts about anything.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I have met more than one anything that was a completely useless POS. Of course the odds of meeting such rises exponentially the closer to I-5 one gets.

Too [bleep]' funny.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I don't like folks that wave their military time, just as I don't like those that wave Jesus.

Master baiter.

LOL
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
That bus driver cracks me the F*** up sometimes!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This was in Balad.

[Linked Image]

Damn dude!

Walk into a stabilator?

Thanks for the Al-Asad pictures. I'm having a hard time placing exactly where on the base they're taken. I wasn't there until 2009.

I lived up on Tower Rd right across from the tower in a bunch of chu's called Tripoli City. There was a real small shoppette there and a dfac. About 1/2 a mile from the trash incinerators.

That sunset picture is a perfect capture of what I remember there. That and the never ending sand storms there.

I've got some pictures somewhere around here of my office there. I'll see if I can find them and send them to ya via PM.

Was fixing a sliding doghouse. Someone spun the head without saying anything. I stood up hit the aft corner of the blade and fell off the helicopter.

As for the pictures they are on the taxi ways going up the hill to the runways. The Big White hanger is in one of the pictures. In front of the Big White hanger was the SF compound. Where you lived was emptiness when I was there. I had heard that DFAC up there burnt like three days after they opened it. I was in Balad by then.

Gah! eek

That's a long ways to fall. It's not that hard to announce that the blades are turning if you have to move them. I hated when guys would do that. That back corner on a Hawk is like a knife. It looks to be about the same for you on the 53's.

Thank you for filing in the blanks for me. I think I'm oriented better as to where those pictures were taken.

A good walk down memory lane, thank you. And thank you for your service. The ground work you guys did showed me to really enjoy my time at Al-Asad.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

My thoughts exactly.

A ton of vets out there that are worthless.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can be grateful for something you've done and still think that you're a sack of crap of a human being.

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

My thoughts exactly.

A ton of vets out there that are worthless.

Killing the enemy is a virtue unto itself. I'm thankful for the guys that do.

I may not want SOME of them in my circle of friends, but by and large, I think vets are OK. Judging people that encompass a vast group is a mistake. Thinking someone is Ok because they do this, or do that is a mistake as well.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 18 of 19 1 2 16 17 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

335 members (12344mag, 1lesfox, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 160user, 33 invisible), 1,798 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,750
Posts18,495,362
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.