Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 21 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 20 21
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
When we talked to Ruger, they had none available and said that it would be some years before they made another run...If you can figure it out, I would like to know.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Originally Posted by keith
....Ruger is not going to be making the 6.5 Creedmore for a while...beggers can not be choosers....any replacement caliber that will kill a deer will be fine and dandy...

Ruger currently lists the 6.5 Creedmoor as being available in their Hawkeye Predator and Hawkeye Varmint Target rifles and in the very new Ruger American Predator which I realize won't fit in the stock you have available. Still....... Just sayin'.... etc. ........

I know of two locations that have new 6.5 Creemoor rifles in the Hawkeye version that they have received in the past two weeks.

Maybe I'm missing something, however. Is the 6.5 Creedmoor different from the 6.5 Creedmore? I can't find any reference for the Creedmore on Ruger's web site.

Creedmoor is the correct spelling.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When we talked to Ruger, they had none available and said that it would be some years before they made another run...If you can figure it out, I would like to know.

You must not have talked to the right person. Ruger currently lists 3 6.5 Creedmoor rifles on their web site:

Ruger American Rifle� Predator
6.5 Creedmoor Bolt-Action Rifle

Hawkeye� Varmint Target

Hawkeye� Predator

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The work order:
[Linked Image]

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
....Ruger is not going to be making the 6.5 Creedmore for a while...beggers can not be choosers....any replacement caliber that will kill a deer will be fine and dandy...

Ruger currently lists the 6.5 Creedmoor as being available in their Hawkeye Predator and Hawkeye Varmint Target rifles and in the very new Ruger American Predator which I realize won't fit in the stock you have available. Still....... Just sayin'.... etc. ........

I know of two locations that have new 6.5 Creemoor rifles in the Hawkeye version that they have received in the past two weeks.

Maybe I'm missing something, however. Is the 6.5 Creedmoor different from the 6.5 Creedmore? I can't find any reference for the Creedmore on Ruger's web site.

Creedmoor is the correct spelling.

Yeah. I knew that. grin Just A bunch of contradictions here so I thought I'd mention that one.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Bricktop
The work order:
[Linked Image]

Interesting. No admission that Ruger was at fault, no mention of $500. Only "You have declined to accept our offer to replace the above referenced firearm at no charge"..............

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Work order?

That's a packing slip.

???

No info there, other than documentation on what they sent back, and why.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
Work order?

That's a packing slip.

???

No info there, other than documentation on what they sent back, and why.
It's a work order, dumbass. As evidenced in the earlier example, it will also state what work, if any, was performed. The current example has beaucoup information. Please pull your head out of your ass when making future replies. Thanks.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
grin

Uh huh. OT stating (basically) it's unsafe to fire, they made a replacement offer (apparently declined), and labeled the thing "PACKING SLIP", I guess I missed everything else about it. Apparently this crazy phone browser doesn't allow me to see the inspection findings or diagnosis that match the original conundrum here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
grin

Uh huh. OT stating (basically) it's unsafe to fire, they made a replacement offer (apparently declined), and labeled the thing "PACKING SLIP", I guess I missed everything else about it. Apparently this crazy phone browser doesn't allow me to see the inspection findings or diagnosis that match the original conundrum here.
I am sorry you're so stupid you're going to get hung up on semantics.

The "document" clearly states that Ruger received a receiver, bolt, and various small parts in a bag, but no stock.

Can you understand things thus far? Or is this moving too fast?

The "document" goes on to state that the mentioned parts are being returned at customer's request because customer declined a no-cost replacement.

Is this simple enough to understand to this point?

The "document" also states that Ruger does not believe the rifle is safe to use in its present state. Can you understand that much or did you expect a diorama of some sort?

Jesus Christ, we're already dealing with lying scum in this thread, now we're enduring your stupidity. Dunce.

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Then...........

Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter

You must not have talked to the right person. Ruger currently lists 3 6.5 Creedmoor rifles on their web site:

Ruger American Rifle� Predator

Hawkeye� Varmint Target

Hawkeye� Predator

Is there an echo in here?

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
yep, they first mention of replacing the rifle at no charge. Then on down they mention that they are willing to "honor their quotation". Now there is some serious double talk.

They also spoke to the gunsmith about the close to $500 on the replacement with a Blued Rifle,not of the 6.5 Creedmoor caliber.

The same Quotation was made to the gunsmith and to the owner, so there is no chance for error.

The Customer Service person told them that she had made the decision to reject a free replacement, then she had sent it to another committee for a secondary disapproval, they denied free replacement also.

My friend did not want to spend another $500 on another rifle in a caliber that he did not want. Quite frankly, he was sick about the whole affair.

I can only guess, and your guess is as good as anyone's, that the listing of the 6.5 Creedmoor's currently available are guns that have been manufactured and distributed to stores and Master distributors...it is only a guess on my part.

So far, my take on the whole affair, is that you should not take a barrel off a Ruger action to:

thread for a muzzle break
thread for a silencer
recrown the barrel
Rebarrel with a custom barrel
or for any other reason

Threads stripped on this stainless Ruger Mark II action from simply unscrewing the the barrel. The issue is caused by Gauling with two stainless parts being screwed together with Rockwell Hardness too close together. When Ruger orders materials, they are at the mercy of what ever the steel mill sends to them. Also, the actions are castings, and the mix of the metal can vary from lot to lot. We have not even spoke of how manufacturing tolerances can vary that may allow the barrel to be an extra tight fit in the action, which would make the issue of Stainless on Stainless Rockwell Gauling magnified.

Bob Davis of Ruger's customer service hopefully will help resolve this issue. This was(is) a $750 rifle that is totally ruined by simply unscrewing the barrel by a gunsmith that has 35 years experience.

The service that my friend received is not typical of the fantastic service that Ruger has given MANY of us over the years.
We are shocked and dismayed at what has been up to this point stellar customer service by a company that sets very high standards for it's self in terms of taking care of it's customer base.

Ruger's response on the Packing Slip sounds like something you might read from Cheech and Chong. Tell us you are going to give us a free gun, then tell us that you are sending us back a dangerous gun, after we refuse to pay you another $500 to get a gun that shoots(which they left out).

This level of customer service is NOT what Ruger owners expect. In any manufacturing process, mistakes happen, that is part of life. Ruger needs to step up, and I believe that if there is any way that Bob Davis can help, he will. I don't believe that the other customer service person has a clue what they are dealing with nor the issues related to the stainless gun and possible tight tolerances(life is a learning curve for all of us and patience is hard learned).

My prediction is that Ruger will take care of this problem, but I may have to cut through the red tape to get it on the CEO's desk. I hope by bringing this issue front and center, that Ruger may possibly help other Ruger owners that may encounter similar issues.

This is really a [bleep] mess to have to deal with for my friend, and I am sure that many of you may wonder why I am involved in the ordeal. Simple fact, you can screw me and I'll get over it. [bleep] with my best friend and family, and I may just stomp your guts out.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
yep, they first mention of replacing the rifle at no charge. Then on down they mention that they are willing to "honor their quotation". Now there is some serious double talk.
Only from you, dirtbag, only from you. You've got five more days to act on their offer for a free replacement, dumbass.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The gunsmith in question has been contacted and asked to comment on this and wants no part of keith or any associated scum like Ackbitch.

No kidding? Interesting, because I've never spoken with the gentleman. I'd like to but never have. You lie about everything and grab at anything to argue about. And before you go claiming I said I'd talked with him, re-read.....I mentioned telephones and said for you to call him yourself. I don't for a second believe that you did. I talk with Keith often but never said I'd talked with the gunsmith. I wouldn't say that because I haven't.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
You've got five more days to act on their offer for a free replacement, dumbass.

That's my take. Quotation was at no cost.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ackbitch
The gunsmith in question has been contacted and asked to comment on this and wants no part of keith or any associated scum like Ackbitch.
No kidding? Interesting, because I've never spoken with the gentleman. I'd like to but never have. You lie about everything and grab at anything to argue about. And before you go claiming I said I'd talked with him, re-read.....I mentioned telephones and said for you to call him yourself. I don't for a second believe that you did. I talk with Keith often but never said I'd talked with the gunsmith. I wouldn't say that because I haven't.
Quit whining.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ackbitch
Quit whining.

Quit being a lying bitch.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Keith you were right....."So if/when I post the paperwork, then what will you have to say. Just more BS."

Dickhead acts like someone who fried his brains on too many drugs.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
All of us, no matter what our response, are responding in disbelief, that Ruger would make such a bad error in supporting their customers.

So, I don't think that this is a time to attack each other. You have to admire Brick in his attempt to support Ruger, as many of us feel the same way, we just express our feelings differently.

I think that a little latitude is needed here to give Ruger time to respond, and they deserve the time that it takes to work through the issues related to employee education and communication issues that may arise through the various management levels. Remember the weels of management turn slowly. We all love Ruger rifles and pistols...focus on that.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My understanding is that Ruger is in complete control of its steel because they the companies who manufacture it. I'm told they get their barrels fro Green Mountain barrels who Ruger also owns. So they have control over the quality of their steel and alloys. And keith, you say this was a Mark II rifle. I never knew that Ruger made a Mark II in the Creedmoor round but if it is a Mark II then it is at least seven years old and that may explain some of Ruger 's response.

Page 15 of 21 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

82 members (35, 405winash, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 11 invisible), 792 guests, and 776 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,845
Posts18,517,388
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.