Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 21 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bricktop
]The only thing "screwy" is the ignorant bullshit you two knobs are trying to pull. There isn't any "several years" wait on 6.5mm Creedmoor Rugers. There wasn't any defect from Ruger. And there isn't any $500 replacement. The rifle was damaged due to a wannabe/shoddy "gunsmith." A free replacement was offered. You morons are working some kind of shakedown con. That much is clear.

This guy has serious problems. He's unhinged, cuckoo.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ackbitch
The only thing "screwy" is the ignorant bullshit you two knobs are trying to pull. There isn't any "several years" wait on 6.5mm Creedmoor Rugers. There wasn't any defect from Ruger. And there isn't any $500 replacement. The rifle was damaged due to a wannabe/shoddy "gunsmith." A free replacement was offered. You morons are working some kind of shakedown con. That much is clear.
Yes, your posts and "logic" demonstrate multiple issues. Most notably your repeated sniffing of keith's cornhole.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The only thing "screwy" is the ignorant bullshit you two knobs are trying to pull. There isn't any "several years" wait on 6.5mm Creedmoor Rugers. There wasn't any defect from Ruger. And there isn't any $500 replacement. The rifle was damaged due to a wannabe/shoddy "gunsmith." A free replacement was offered. You morons are working some kind of shakedown con. That much is clear.
Yes, your posts and "logic" demonstrate multiple issues. Most notably your repeated sniffing of keith's cornhole.

Yeah the internet asskicker.....and you're really kicking ass now.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by BayouRover

You sound like this is the only rifle he owns to hunt deer with, but yet he supposedly has many...??

Originally Posted by Ackman
The gun owner is a longtime Ruger guy with a very large number of them.

It still sounds like you have an agenda of some sort with that happening frequently when you post.

Weird ain't it........ These 2 are full it.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
The issue is Scrap vs something that is a functioning firearm.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah the internet asskicker.....and you're really kicking ass now.
Not really. It wasn't much effort exposing keith's lies and your bizarre defense of them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MagMarc

You sound like this is the only rifle he owns to hunt deer with, but yet he supposedly has many...??

Originally Posted by Ackman
The gun owner is a longtime Ruger guy with a very large number of them.

It still sounds like you have an agenda of some sort with that happening frequently when you post.

Weird ain't it........ These 2 are full it.

These 2's egos are so butthurt they are trying harder than a 12th Century Chinese Mandarin with his pigtail cut off to save face.

Weird don't even begin to describe them.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by keith
Problem is, my friend will want to have a muzzle break installed on the barrel...we don't want to go through this again when the barrel is removed.

At this point, the only "agenda" that we have is to get a serviceable gun from Ruger to deer hunt with.

Then buy something else if you fear the Ruger. Get the free replacement rifle and sell it. Or thread the muzzle without removing the barrel as has been pointed out earlier. If the owner can't handle recoil now use managed recoil ammo. There are plenty of other ways to get where you want go just be open to them.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
......Problem is, my friend will want to have a muzzle break installed on the barrel...we don't want to go through this again when the barrel is removed......

I'm starting to wonder if this issue is why a free replacement was supposedly rejected as Ruger states on the packing slip?

No one seems to want to talk about the original offer and rejection issue except other than skirting around it.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Bayou, I have talked about the Free Replacement Offer, there was NO Free Replacement Offer. That statement on the Packing Slip was in error. If they had offered a free Replacement with any kind of gun, my friend would have taken that offer.

The ONLY offer made was to sell my friend a gun at wholesale cost plus shipping and ins.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bayou, I have talked about the Free Replacement Offer, there was NO Free Replacement Offer. That statement on the Packing Slip was in error. If they had offered a free Replacement with any kind of gun, my friend would have taken that offer.

The ONLY offer made was to sell my friend a gun at wholesale cost plus shipping and ins.
Bullshit.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Prove it is Bullshit!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
".....My friend has hundreds of dollars invested in Creedmoore dies and 6.5 bullets, they are paper weights now."

No matter what twists and turns you put on the story, it always tends to come back to this issue.

Coupled with: "......Problem is, my friend will want to have a muzzle break installed on the barrel...we don't want to go through this again when the barrel is removed......

It's your story, not mine. And it has a funny smell to it that rings of an agenda of some sort. "Ruger lies, we're victims, don't try to remove a barrel from a Ruger or you'll be a victim too because they glue their barrels on, yada yada".

Added for clarity: The first two bolded quotes are yours word for word. The third bolded statement is a paraphrased version of what you have been preaching since you got onto this diatribe.

I hope your named savior at Ruger is working today and that he suddenly doesn't become a dirty word like all of Ruger's other service personnel currently are, gender not withstanding.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Prove it is Bullshit!
I posted the work order, numbnuts.

"...you have declined to accept our offer to replace the above referenced firearm at no charge."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hope your named savior at Ruger is working today and that he suddenly doesn't become a dirty word like all of Ruger's other service personnel currently are, gender not withstanding.
He got that "name" from an old post of mine. I doubt he actually spoke with that person.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
My friend has hundreds of dollars invested in Creedmoore dies and 6.5 bullets, they are paper weights now."

Problem is, my friend will want to have a muzzle break installed on the barrel...we don't want to go through this again when the barrel is removed......

Those two comments are absolutely true as to what I have been saying, problem is, why can't you understand them?

Bob Davis told me Rugers were not manufactured to be taken apart, his exact words not mine. We took one apart, now the gun is scrap, and my friend is out $750 plus tax. Ruger never made us an offer to replace the gun free of charge, if they had, we would not have anything to complain about.

Bricktop:
He got that "name" from an old post of mine. I doubt he actually spoke with that person.

This is half truth, I did get the name from a post of yours, but I did speak to him.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I understand, but you seem to be omitting parts of the story as to what actually went down. Ruger puts something in print and you say they never said they'd do that, yet they also state that someone on your end declined the offer. Lots of loose ends dangling.

"......Rugers were not manufactured to be taken apart.........."

That is an interesting statement in that I, and I'm sure many others, have had numerous Rugers re-barreled, both blued and stainless models, and most gunsmiths state that they will re-barrel them.

If they were made to not be re-barreled I doubt that any smith worth his salts would touch them and they would tell you so. In addition, it would be common knowledge in this age of mass media and instant information distribution.

Still more twists and turns in this soap opera saga.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bob Davis told me Rugers were not manufactured to be taken apart, his exact words not mine.
Bullshit.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
It is common knowledge that the vast majority of custom gunsmiths do not like to work on rugers in as far as rebarreling them.

"......Rugers were not manufactured to be taken apart.........."
This was Bob Davis' comment to me, I was as shocked as you are until I started calling gunsmiths to see if it was possible to get this action rethreaded and related costs. Gunsmith's comments were not favorable....call your own gunsmiths and ask them to rethread a Ruger action or to true up a Ruger action and rebarrel....see for yourself.

Send me a PM with their name and phone number, please. Greg Tannel with Gre-Tan rifles in Co is a machinist's machinist and master gunsmith. He said it would run $500-600 and would not guarantee that there is enough meat on the shank of the barrel to cut off the threads and start over. Also, the action would have to be bored out to remove all existing threads and then rethread, this would make the sides of the action very thin, not a safe thing.

It takes a special jig fixture to mount the action in the 4 jaw chuck in order to true up an action, not many gunsmiths are willing to pop for the expense. A guy has to be a pretty good machinist to true up a Ruger action because they are investment castings and are hard as hell to recut due to the nature of the material. The machinist has to have a 1/4" inside threading tool that is carbide. Spring back from such a small tool is a real bitch to work with.

Bayou, there are no loose ends on my part, the dangling is all in the wording of the Packing Slip, it is a real mess of miscommunications. If they were to replace this gun with another, WE WOULD TAKE IT!!!

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Bob Davis told me Rugers were not manufactured to be taken apart, his exact words not mine.
Bullshit.

WHY DON'T YOU CALL HIM?

Page 18 of 21 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1941USMC, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 1minute, 57 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,883
Posts18,518,231
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.