Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 19 1 2 17 18 19
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm always appreciative of people's service/sacrifice. That don't mean I respect them as individuals.

Lots of great professionals that are/were miserable parents etc. One can appreciate one aspect whilst still going for the [bleep] punt.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Most of my closest friends are guys I served with. It is a bond built from working with them, eating with them, living with them, hanging out with them, and you become a part of each others family.

Plenty of A-holes in the military. There are plenty of great guys out there that have not served. I don't see how or why someone would be a good or bad guy just on the fact they did or did not serve.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Very well stated Jordan, but I'm afraid you are only casting pearls before swine, as far as most of these posters go. This little "coliquy" in this thread is emblematic of what is wrong with this nation. Me-monkey mofos, fundamentally ignorant of what this country was founded on, who mock everything that is good and proper, are little better than the welfare ho's they love to denigrate. "Conservatives"? I think not.
Well you can't blame a guy (even Travis) for recognizing a bull-chitter when he sees one. You've laid out some bold statements that you have yet to back up even once. You've made some bold claims about your service which you've yet to back up even once. So if you're not willing to back it up, then just don't say it. Otherwise, don't be surprised if others say you're FOS.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
him and dick squeeze are one in the same

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Funny thing is.. I served my community and probably hung my ass out farther than shefire ever came close to. And I gladly did it for no pay and Benny's ..

Do I think I was better? Nope..

Well, YOU were right....

As for others, I don't think EVERYONE who hasn't served is a POS...but I admit to making exceptions for the ones who are, but at least have served their country... or community etc....

they are still set apart from those who haven't...

but hey I am not here to rain on anyone's parade...

put in my 2 cents and got $5 in change for it...

you boys knock yourself out and have fun...

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I have read every post on this thread and am very dizzy from shaking my head so much and LMAO . But it does seem odd that any thread about TAK somehow ends up involving cock sucking and gay marriage ??

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ldholton
I have read every post on this thread and am very dizzy from shaking my head so much and LMAO . But it does seem odd that any thread about TAK somehow ends up involving cock sucking and gay marriage ??

Well, he is from Cali.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by Colo_Wolf
Originally Posted by RobJordan

What special kind of moron associates (and on that basis) condemns a conservative defense of a most fundamental conservative concept (the natural family) on the basis that someone's GPS coordinates happen to be a place on a map knowns as Kalifornia? What special kind of idiot employs that kind of "logic"?? crazy

A functional alcoholic with myopic vision along with delusions that his is the only way.

Sweet, another one that was fondled by a family member offering up 'opinions' to California [bleep].

You can't make this shiet up

And another one that proves a point. Let's see, the immortal words are - oh yeah blow me.

No fear, no doubt, all in, balls out.

"America"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
anyone who hasn't figured out dick squeeze and TAK are are one in the same are pretty slow.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Does it matter.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
So, he's a dead-then-alive karate green beret? Hi-yah.....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Steelhead
I have met more than one anything that was a completely useless POS. Of course the odds of meeting such rises exponentially the closer to I-5 one gets.

I don't like folks that wave their military time, just as I don't like those that wave Jesus.

The best aren't braggarts about anything.

We had a saying.....Those who talked the most, did the least. Seems to fit a majority of the time.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Ya know Garand...yeah, we've all heard that...

at the same time, a Veteran is someone who has taken time out of his life to serve his country.... some volunteered, some got drafted.. some served just a short time, some a long time...some saw combat, many did not...

but they are still folks who took time out of their lives to serve the rest of us...

I had the good fortune to spend my time in the medical corp in the Army....while working in the hospital at Ft Lewis ( Madigan AMC ).. among my many other assignments by the way.... our most common patient at the time, we're men in their 70s and 80s.. and were Veterans of WW 1.. I've even had patients that served with General Pershing casing Poncho Via in Mexico...

each of them had a unique story to tell, about their lives and their time in the service...

The next most common age group were in their 50s and 60s... the boys who served in WW 2....then Korea and those who saw service in Vietnam...

We also saw plenty who rotated thru there, who never saw a day of combat, even tho they were combat arms, and for 20 to 30 years...plenty of lowly cooks, supply sargents, MPs etc...

But they all had one other thing in common, if they were rewarded with an honorable discharge....

they served their country, and they did what was asked of them, when it was asked... as the old WW 1 guys told me, "We all couldn't be Alvin York, we all weren't sent to France.. but we served and we did what we were asked to do..."

That pretty much sums it up... some can be braggards, some can be very humble, some can be wonderful human beings and some can be the worlds biggest AHOles....

But they still have in common, what those old WW 1 guys would say to me.. men reflecting on life in their 70s, whom had fought in WW 1, lived thru WW 2.. some even serving in that one also...

But everyone of them have my personal respect, and can be anything they damned well feel like, or say whatever they want...

( minus cops, firemen, paramedics etc) unlike civilians, they have paid and earned their rights to do so, because they served...

and yeah, this is a perspective from some one who grew up as a military dependent, someone who had uncles, granddads, and folks in my family that have served this nation back thru the French and Indian War.. and not all of them came home and paid the ultimate sacrifice.. and are buried in Europe, North Africa, Iwo Jima, Saipan etc....

There are a lot of great guys on this forum too who haven't served.. I don't think less of them.. others I do...ain't afraid to admit it...

but I'll never not honor a veteran...regardless....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
While sitting in the Bam Boo Room restaurant in Haines a few days ago there was your typical short fat guy holding court about his Viet Nam era military experience. His story was that as an enlistee he applied to be a baker.

Instead they sent him to the 101st Airborne... And he told several stories about all the jumps he made (without ever being hurt in any way) and then he talked about being a clerk in Ramstein, Germany. All this in a two-year enlistment without explaining the crossed services and such...

I am sure many can guess how likely his stories were to be true...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Seafire

at the same time, a Veteran is someone who has taken time out of his life to serve his country.... some volunteered, some got drafted.. some served just a short time, some a long time...some saw combat, many did not...

but they are still folks who took time out of their lives to serve the rest of us...

There are a lot of great guys on this forum too who haven't served.. I don't think less of them.. others I do...ain't afraid to admit it...

but I'll never not honor a veteran...regardless....

I don't disagree, but I think the issue here is whether or not someone 1. Actually served and 2. Served as what they claim.

Pretty low in my book to claim you served if you didn't. I won't say that's the case in TAK's case (yet anyway), but if it were me being called out for my service, you can bet your a$$ I'd dig out my old film pics of my service, take a pic with my cell phone and shove it in whoever was questioning it's face.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I can't understand why anyone would care if another person served in the Military or if he didn't. If someone lies about serving , then he or she is the one who has to live with the lie. They will have to live with knowing they are a fake and that is punishing enough for me .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
After all this time, with plenty of opportunities to post pics corroborating his experiences and expertise, it is most likely that not posting pics is BigSqeeze/TAK's carefully cultivated form of ne plus ultra attention whoring. Why else would anyone continue to post drivel that, with the exception of one or two intellectual runts, no one believes?

Page 19 of 19 1 2 17 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 58 invisible), 2,644 guests, and 1,360 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,459
Posts18,471,175
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.