Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
So we all like to brag on our favorite handguns, so let's take it another way...what DON'T you like about your primary carry gun?

I carry the S&W M1911PD (Lightweight Commander). I don't like the beavertail that S&W has chosen, kind of a Wilson-ish copy. I much prefer the Ed Brown. And while I like a black gun for self defense, I'll admit that I've never seen a better finish for a daily carry gun than hard chrome...I may hard chrome my blaster at some point. I'll be doing some Ceracoat in the coming weeks, I may just Ceracoat it in the interim...just depends on if I get a wild hair.

I don't like that it came with a FLGR, but I corrected that.

GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
There is nothing that I don't like about my CC handgun.
If there was, I would get something else.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glock 30SF-hates 200 grain lead semi wadcutters and 230 grain lead round nose. I can get it to feed the round nose if I jack up the powder charge to maximum. Nothing seems to work with the SWCs.

Springfield XDs-grip texturing is too aggressive and it comes with a useless suitcase, holster and mag pouch I had to pay for as part of the price

Sig P938-right side of ambidextrous safety rattles

All are first world problems. Not really a big deal.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Glock 33 ( dept issued O/D- back up

Short grip for my big hands.
But if I carry it off duty I have a couple mags with +1 grip extensions

Noisy little bastid

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sig P220 DAK

the grips feel kinda chunky

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I wish my XDS .45 ACP Springfield had a magazine that held 15 rounds. Other than that, it's pretty good. laugh

Sam......

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I carry two different Smith third gen 9mms, one TDA and one DAO.

I wish the TDA was decock only. I wish the DAO had second strike capability.

But I would say both of those issues are picking nits. No plan on changing anytime soon, if ever.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wish mine held more ammo without being taller and had more sight radius without being longer.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Glock 17, pretty easy to get along with.

I did work on the grip with some sandpaper, removed most of the hump on the rear lower area of the grip, rounded all the corners on the grip. Feels natural in the hand now, and the sights line up naturally.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
wish my glock 42 had an extra round or 2 in the magazine

FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wish my RIA Tac-10 had regular sights instead of a giant glowing orange orb way out there. A nicer trigger. The one that it came with is OK, and far better than most, but could stand to be lighter. Overall weight coming down might be nice. A Titanium/Scandium gun Something around 25 ounes or so, would be da bomb. Or perhaps a Graphite/Poly framed 10mm would be AWSOME!

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
My primaries are the Kahr CW-9 and the XD-S in .45.

The XD-S should have been made half an inch longer in the grip for a 6 round mag and would be perfect. The aggressive grip checkering is completely negated with a good grip tape or Talons for about 12 dollars. If not, I could easily live with it.

The CW-9 is near perfect. Had it to the range last Friday and at 12 yards it was putting the bullets into a cluster you could cover with a silver dollar at a pace that could be described as brisk. Some complain about the long trigger, but they'd also complain about a woman who warms up a bit slowly.

"It's a source of great pride, that when I google my name, I find book titles and not mug shots." Daniel C. Chamberlain
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockchucker
wish my glock 42 had an extra round or 2 in the magazine

Wish mine was a 9mm cool

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Why carry a handgun, that one doesn't like? If I carry it, then is like it.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Why do you not like the FLGR?

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
My primary carry gun is a 1952 Colt Commander in .38 Super that I had customized to my specs...it is perfect as far as I amconcerned...

[Linked Image]

Glock 19...added a set of TruGlo TFO sights...just perfect (for a Glock that is)

S&W 6906...added a set of MMC Tactical Adjustable night sights like on the 1911 above..perfect.

Kahr P380 with night sights...pefect out of the box...

Guess I don't expect much...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Only 5 shots. I want something like Damon Knight's 2mm needler, bet it holds a lot.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

What you DON'T like about your CC handgun?

It's not a phaser.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jwp475

Why carry a handgun, that one doesn't like? If I carry it, then is like it.

Simple, money......

Only lack of funds to make the neccesary upgrades just yet. And, not wanting to be without a serious handgun while it was being tweaked. Have three nice long guns to sell that I am taking pictures of shortly, so should have some gun improvement cash, and now I have two adequately powerful concealed carry guns in my RIA 10mm and my S&W 329PD 44 Magnum. Each need only sights and a trigger job to be perfect, might have Mr. Huntington do the both of them. One at a time, though so I have one really good gun to carry besides my P3AT 380. PM me if you want a shot at my LH WBY Mk V deluxe in 300, full custom 220 Swift, 9 twist (both with gorgeous wood, BTW) or a still in its box Browning BL-22 short throw lever action 22LR Grade ll with some engraving on the receiver etc. As soon as one of those goes down the road, new sights and a trigger job on an least one of the carry and hunting pieces.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman
I wish my RIA Tac-10 had regular sights instead of a giant glowing orange orb way out there. A nicer trigger. The one that it came with is OK, and far better than most, but could stand to be lighter. Overall weight coming down might be nice. A Titanium/Scandium gun Something around 25 ounes or so, would be da bomb. Or perhaps a Graphite/Poly framed 10mm would be AWSOME!

The McCormick "Match Prepped" hammer and sear are EDM cut from tool steel and the sear engagement surfaces are already prepped. Meaning, you can get a downright decent trigger pull from just dropping these parts in. Further tuning of the sear spring can drop the trigger pull weight down a little more. You won't get a 2.5lb trigger, but it will likely be very crisp and around 4lbs.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/319104/chip-mccormick-match-prepped-hammer-1911-blue

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/330535/chip-mccormick-match-prepped-sear-1911

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by safariman

The McCormick "Match Prepped" hammer and sear are EDM cut from tool steel and the sear engagement surfaces are already prepped. Meaning, you can get a downright decent trigger pull from just dropping these parts in. Further tuning of the sear spring can drop the trigger pull weight down a little more. You won't get a 2.5lb trigger, but it will likely be very crisp and around 4lbs.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/319104/chip-mccormick-match-prepped-hammer-1911-blue

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/330535/chip-mccormick-match-prepped-sear-1911

That sounds like a great start! Thanks a bunch, once again.

I wish someone made, (maybe they do?) Tritium sights that were something other than a big round circle for nighttime emergency shooting. Maybe a stright white line up the middle of the front square top sight, and either a glowing white outline or, I suppose two dots on the rear would be OK, so long as they were EXACTLY at the very top of the rear sight and not 'a bit down' like most are. Another good idea would be a pointy arrow filled with tritium for a front sight. point coming ALL THE WAY TO THE VERY TOP of the front sight so that it helps with precision shooting at game in daylight and is not just a one trick pony night sight.

I just put (and then heavily ground down to fit my hand) a set of rosewood CT lazer sights on the 10mm, so it does not need tritium at all. Just a good useable hunting, target and concealed carry front sight. Already has a tapered body NOVAK rear sight. Easy enough to dremel out the white circles from that sight. So that one only needs a trigger job and new front sight to be nigh onto perfect. And damn, does that gun ever SHOOT! Scary accurate and dead nuts reliable with about any reasonable ammo.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

61 members (6mmCreedmoor, artur, Backroads, 260Remguy, 6MMWASP, 9 invisible), 1,500 guests, and 952 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,402
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.