Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
2ndwind Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I know there are 3 sides to every story... he said... she said.... objective reality somewhere in the middle...but if this Scout Master is even 80% accurate... the juxtaposition of this while illegals are flooding in on the Southern border makes my blood boil.

This is from Fox News:

A Boy Scout troop from the nation�s heartland is demanding answers and a U.S. senator is expressing outrage after a group of scouts was detained by Border Patrol agents and one child allegedly was held at gunpoint.

Jim Fox, the leader of the Mid-Iowa Boy Scout Troop 111, said the incident occurred earlier this month at a checkpoint along the Alaska � Canada border. The scouts and their leaders were on a 21-day trek from Iowa to Alaska � a trip that had been three years in the planning.

Join Todd on Facebook for conservative conversation! Click here to join!

As their vans were moving through a checkpoint into the United States, one of the scouts snapped a photograph. Agents stopped the van and ordered all the passengers to get out. They told the underage photographer that he had committed a federal crime.

�The agent immediately confiscated his camera, informed him he would be arrested, fined possibly $10,000 and ten years in prison,� Fox told Des Moines television station KCCI.

During the search, one of the scouts tried to retrieve a bag from the roof carrier. When he turned around, Fox said a border guard had a loaded pistol pointed at the child.

�He heard a snap of the holster, turns around, and here�s this agent, both hands on a loaded pistol, pointing at the young man�s head,� Fox told the television station.

The scoutmaster wrote a detailed account of the incident on his Facebook page. He said he tried to watch the agents search the van but was ordered to return to his vehicle. An agent followed him and told the youngsters �that the next one to leave the van would be handcuffed and detained.�

�The agent in charge informed me of the potential charges against (the) scout and informed me it is a violation of federal law for any American to take a picture of a federal agent or any federal building,� Fox wrote.

Fox said he and another member of the troop were interrogated by agents � forced to answer questions about their background.

They also wanted to know why the Boy Scouts were hauling �excessive amounts of lighters, matches and knives.�

Oh, for goodness sake, people. (Sorry, I�ll try to refrain from further editorializing.)

After a lengthy delay, the scouts were released without any charges being filed.

�The boys were unnecessarily frightened and intimidated,� Fox wrote. �When do we Americans decide enough is enough? The TSA and border guards are a valuable asset to the safety of this country, but to have such Gestapo tactics against a teenage scout is uncalled for.�

Sen. Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, agrees.

�It�s outrageous that a border patrol agent would point a gun at a boy scout just for taking a picture,� he told the television station. �It just doesn�t make sense.�

The senator�s office said they are looking into the matter.

Robert Hooper, the scout executive for the Mid-Iowa Council of the BSA, told me they, too, are upset and disturbed by the allegations.

�The guys were in scout uniforms,� he said. �I would like to know what caused this to happen. It does sound pretty extreme.�

Indeed, it does. It�s not like they were attempting to cross into the United States illegally.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection said they�ve had a chance to investigate � and they can�t find anything out of the ordinary.

�CBP takes any allegations of wrongdoing very seriously,� read their official statement. �CBP�s review of this group�s inspection, including video footage review indicates that our officer did not un-holster or handle his weapon as stated in the allegation. The review revealed nothing out of the ordinary. We have reached out to the Boy Scout troop for additional information in reference to the allegation. The video footage has been referred to CBP Internal Affairs for further review.�

So, what we have here is an old-fashioned case of he said, he said � or to be more accurate � the Boys Scouts said, the feds said.

In cases like this, the quickest way to determine who is being truthful is to look at the video. So I emailed U.S. Customs and Border Protection and officially requested a copy of the video.

My request was denied.

I also asked for a copy of the statute that criminalizes Photography 101. I�ve yet to receive a reply.

Fox is still fired up over how his scouts were treated � and I can�t say I blame him.

�This was an illegal search and intimidation of Americans returning to their home country,� he said.

So let�s review, good readers.

While hordes of illegals are stampeding across our southern border unimpeded, federal agents along our northern border detained and harassed a group of law-abiding American Boy Scouts.

I wonder what kind of merit badge they�ll get for that?

Please don't feed the trolls!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pretty messed up, even if only 1/2 true.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not seeing what the officers did wrong even if the scout tale is true.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sherp

Please explain. kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by kwg020
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post

Please explain. kwg

He is just a troll saying whatever he thinks will cause a problem.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well Scouts are taught to be honest....

Federal Employee.... well the IRS scandal should answer that question....or about anything said by the Obama Administration...

also under the Obama Administration, Illegal Aliens are politically correct.... Boy Scouts are NOT so politically correct, since they have been resistant to having Gay Pedophiles being allowed to be Scouting leaders...

The Schittt never ends...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Canuck border agents ae usually pretty easy going and affable. Unless its a chick, then all bets are off. Some things are universal.

Coming back into the states? 90+% dick heads. It'd be funny if the lines weren't so long. They remind me of the TSA.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You are crossing at the wrong places.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Please explain. kwg

They apparently didn't want their pictures taken and they are free to use force anytime they feel their life is in danger or they want someone to comply with their desires. What do you think is wrong with that?

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sumas is where I cross most often.

Never seen so many people act like they hate their job. My garbageman smiles more.

Must be a chitty life.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sumas is not bad as some, Osoyoos is better.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never been through there.

I head through Sumas to fish in Chilliwack. Great town.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Back to the OP.

Yes, if that is remotely accurate, somebody needs a kick in the jewels.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They can be pretty brave and arrogant when facing a group of Boy Scouts, but turn tail and run at the sight of a Mescan.

Typical feral govt goons.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Please explain. kwg

They apparently didn't want their pictures taken and they are free to use force anytime they feel their life is in danger or they want someone to comply with their desires. What do you think is wrong with that?

We're talking Boy Scouts.... WTH did the Border Patrol have to hide that they didn't want pictures of....

and a camera is putting their lives in danger or their jobs in danger for not doing what the hell they are suppose to be doing...

They threaten and strong arm Boy Scouts to 'do what they want them to do....' they forget how to just ask nicely?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Border Patrol does not patrol the Alaska/Canada border for starters.. This would either be US or Canadian CUSTOMS officers..

The douchebag reporter didn't do his homework.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Please explain. kwg
sherp uber-sarcasm double talk

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Um, a lot. They can take their desires and [bleep] themselves with them.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
DHS probably has the Boy Scouts on a terrorist watch list:

Intolerant of LGBT.
God in literature.
Uniforms.
Sexist.
Outdoors training.

Yes, in Obamerika Boy Scouts are terrorists.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If only all those mexicans were carrying cameras.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (1lesfox, 007FJ, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 17CalFan, 47 invisible), 2,334 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,377
Posts18,488,498
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.