Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Yep, but it's a damn shame that victims of crime are the ones that should have to keep their mouths shut.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Calif. Hunter
In CA, once the threat is removed - such as the criminal fleeing - you are not allowed to use deadly force. Shooting in the back is not justified. (Per my CCW training and review of CA laws/cases. Not an attorney, but it pays to be aware of the laws if you are going to or contemplate using a weapon.) Like others have said - keep your mouth shut and wait to talk to your lawyer.

A criminal in your house does constitute a justifiable shooting, but not when they are fleeing or when they have left your home.

Which is [bleep].

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
say goodbye to gramps. he's going away for awhile.

My diploma is a DD214
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
He didn't shoot her in the back...

" Officer, I shot some flat chested women with crazy facial hair"

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The guys is 80. He just might not give a [bleep].

That, by the way, is something robbers might want to take into account when they assault, rob, and threaten "old" people.....

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
one of those situations where it does not end well for anyone. Sad. From the info on the news source, the guy probably should not have shot the gal, but then, the gal should not have been ransacking his home. Sigh.

Sam......

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by PJGunner
What does worry me for the old guy is he shot her in the back, she was pregnant, and his somewhat callous comment, "I shot her anyway." That last botherss me quite a bit and as it's in the public domain via that TV interview? That ain't gonna help his case one bit. But that's the law. My take you're in my house taking my stuff, you're also taking your chances. Not quite 80 yet, only 4 years to go. Frankly,I wouldn't want to be in his boots. I'm thinking he's in deep kim-chi.
Paul B.

arizona does have the castle doctrine, which also extends to vehicles. But once the threat of death or imminent bodily harm is removed, you have no legal standing to shoot somebody in the back.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Okay.. gonna state that I know this guy. Not really well, but spent time with him. Pretty sure I even know the house.

I'm definitely surprised by this, but at the same time... not so much. He's wound pretty tight, and he's very proud and possessive of what he has. Don't know his background from when he was growing up, but I know he doesn't come from a wealthy background and was a workaholic and fixated on accumulating assets.

At the same time, he's a guy that would go to fairly great length to help out friends and family.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Guilty!
99 years in prison with 99 years suspended.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The only thing he should have said to the police was, "lawyer".

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
They've got the accomplice under arrest. The accomplice may be charged with murder since a death occurred during the commission of a felony. DA is reviewing it.

http://www.presstelegram.com/genera...eath-of-accomplice-in-long-beach-robbery

[Linked Image]

The District Attorney�s office this morning would not comment on whether they will file charges against a man arrested on suspicion of murder for the death of a woman shot by an 80-year-old homeowner who says the two broke into his Los Cerritos home.

Homeowner Tom Greer told NBC4 Wednesday night that he shot Andrea Miller twice in the back as she was fleeing with a male accomplice, even though she told him she was pregnant.

�She says, �Don�t shoot me, I�m pregnant -- I�m going to have a baby.� And I shot her anyway,� Greer said. �The lady didn�t run as fast as the man so I shot her in the back twice, she�s dead ... but he got away.�

Long Beach Chief Jim McDonnell, who is the leading candidate to be elected Los Angeles County sheriff, told reporters at an afternoon news conference Thursday that there was no immediate confirmation of the pregnancy but that the coroner�s office planned to perform an autopsy on the Long Beach woman.

Miller�s suspected accomplice, Gus Adams, was arrested by detectives Wednesday and booked on suspicion of murder -- that of his accomplice -- and residential robbery. He is being held at Los Angeles County Jail in lieu of $1.0255 million bail, authorities said.

A spokeswoman for the D.A.�s office said they had not received the case from police and would not comment.

According to McDonnell, Greer told investigators he arrived at his home in the 3900 block of Country Club Drive in Bixby Knolls Tuesday night, parked his car, went inside and was immediately assaulted by a man and a woman who were in the process of burglarizing his house.

�When I went in there, they tackled me,� Greer told NBC4. �Both of them jumped up on top of me.�

Greer was hit a number of times by the pair and thrown to the floor, McDonnell said. Miller allegedly continued to beat him while Adams, 26, of Long Beach, tried to break into Greer�s safe. The 28-year-old Miller eventually stopped hitting Greer and joined Adams in trying to break into the safe.

Meanwhile, Greer managed to go to another room and retrieve a gun. He then confronted the robbers while they were still inside the home and opened fire but did not hit anyone. Miller and Adams then grabbed some items and fled the home, McDonnell said.

Greer followed the pair outside and fired at them again. Miller was hit by the gunfire, fell in the alley and died there, but Adams managed to escape.

McDonnell said Greer suffered a broken collarbone and cuts and bruises to various parts of his body. The statements he made to NBC4 were also being reviewed as part of the investigation.

Greer told detectives that he was the victim of two reported and one unreported prior burglaries to his home, where cash and other personal property was taken. Greer also said he believed Miller and Adams were responsible for the earlier robberies and might return in the future.

Greer told NBC4 he regards what he did as self-defense, even though Miller was running away.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
According to the article I read this morning, there's still some question as to whether she was pregnant or not. If she was, he just saved the taxpayers twice....now, and 18 years down the road.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yep. A twofer with a 22 no less. I bet that hurt.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
According to an article I read, they beat the crap out of the old dude as well. Body slammed him, broke his collar bone, etc... The woman continued to beat on him as the male ransacked the home. The victim got to his gun, which is when they decided to flee. The rest you know.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Mink
According to an article I read, they beat the crap out of the old dude as well. Body slammed him, broke his collar bone, etc... The woman continued to beat on him as the male ransacked the home. The victim got to his gun, which is when they decided to flee. The rest you know.
No sympathy for the deceased. I hope they stick her accomplice with the murder charge under the felony murder rule.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
The only reason I wouldn't shoot at someone after they did that to me was because of the law. Morally they had it coming. If I were 80, I might just not care anymore.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O well

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The LB police chief mentioned is running for LA County Sheriff, and is anti- CCW. No surprise there. One of those who thinks only cops should have guns...

�That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.� George Orwell
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Old people will shoot a burglar.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=725_1346953264

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A good lawyer ought to be able to get at least a hung jury out of that.

Temporary insanity? Continued fear for his life?

Give an 80 yo man a good beating up and you should expect that he can not make rational decisions for a while and he might still be overcome by a dread fear for his life that he should have recognized had passed but for the mental confusion they caused by beating him up.

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

400 members (10Glocks, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 38 invisible), 1,903 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,633
Posts18,493,125
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.