Hop To
Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ingwe

Admit it, you shot it.

I have no shame. Had I shot it, I'd own it.

Now go to bed before the clock hits 8 and you turn into a pumpkin.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by northern_dave
Wtf?

Is it dave or is it Travis?

Those Texas beers combining with that Pollock DNA? It's Travis, you piss drunk fugg.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
This Texas beer is junk. I'm out, not so much as a buzz.

Travis

Something clever here.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
If my name were Dave, I'd call me Travis as well.

Travis

IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
My name is dad.

Travis

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Travis;
Greetings and salivations my southern friend, I trust things are - well �ber down there at 'Flave Precision and that this finds your family well too of course.

I thought I'd give you the short version of the report on what I believe is one of the first RPR's - Ruger Peasant Rifle - to make it north of the medicine line.

So to be clear to all here Travis, I DID NOT begin at the beginning with this rifle as I typically do. In an effort to see what it would do "out of the box", the only thing I did was reduce the trigger pull down to a bit over 3lbs - all it would let me - and mount a 6X Leupold that was laying about in the safe.

The fore end is pushing against the barrel with a modicum of enthusiasm and I really should have pulled out the rasp before shooting it - but did not.

Anyway it really doesn't love the only factory ammo that I found in the safe, the old white box 1988 vintage Olin 55gr ball. It chronographed out at 3320fps, but would only put 3 into 2�" at 100yds.

The load of 26gr of Varget with Remington primers and 60gr Mystery HP loaded to a COL of 2.272" so they'd fit in the magazine went into 1 1/16" and averaged 2910fps.

As mentioned I was playing with some WC845 I've got and a load of 22gr of it shot best going into 11/16" but only making 2700fps.

The really bright spot in the day however was some previous shooter donated about 180 once fired 5.56/.223 brass into the brass pail - along with a smattering of .308, 9mm and weird for up here .30 Carbine.

Oh, there were also five 7.5x55 Swiss brass in there too???
[Linked Image]

Anyway Travis, that's the RPR report from the northern front for this evening.

I'm going to take a rasp to the stock, perhaps even the inside as Mule Deer suggests, and see if I can locate some projectiles that have a known lineage rather than the Mystery 60gr HP.

The thing is begging for one of those magazine ends the 'Fire member is making too, as it doesn't appear I'm anywhere too close to the lands in order to fit the magazine.

Have a great weekend Travis and all the best to you and your fine family. �ber weekend I should have said - sorry.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 07/25/14. Reason: spell czech iz broken

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Please direct all inquiries for 7x57s at Flave Precision to me...

7X57 sucks so bad, a fella can't even give brass away, for free, shipping included...

That's right!

Damn!

Maybe if I threw in a 24 of Kokanee (Cockanee if you're Flave)?

R.

You can run, but you'll just die tired.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I'll take it.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I was looking at a sixer of the cock a knee at the store yesterday, I grabbed that shiner red bird instead. What a mistake.

Not only does grapefruit beer taste bad, it has uber bloating powers if you happen to grab a small bowl of ice cream with a tank fulla red bird.

Felt like the Hindenburg

Something clever here.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Im headed to the Great White North in a few days. Im thinking Kokanee, Molson Golden, and Labatts�.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Dwayne,

It sounds as things are uber up north and congrats on the RPR!

I see you have Varget on hand and I tend to use a bit of it too. I bought my son a stainless compact RPR and am currently shooting up ammo loaded for other 223's gone bye (I tend to go through a few). I found a box of 50 in the closet that melded well with his chamber, so gave them a go. The rounds are loaded with the 55 gr Nosler Ballistic Tip over 25 grains of Varget. COAL is 2.255" and that's about .020" off the lands. His rifle typically keeps three well under MOA at 100 with this load. It really likes the 75 A-Max over Varget too. I think you'll find you can regulate jump with many bullets, as the three RPR's we have at the house have shortish throats. Anyway, good luck with the rifle!

Here's a nice pic of his rifle. I've been grabbing it first as of late. It came in handy dispatching one of our many resident groundhogs.

[Linked Image]

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
RPR is the screening test for syphilis.....FWIW (not much)

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
I'll take it.
Gonna neck that 7x57 brass down to .270 Ingwe? whistle grin

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
shortactionsmoker;
Thanks so much for the fine photo and load info sir, I do appreciate it very much.

Somewhere in the dim past I loaded a wee bit for a Mini 14 in .223- well and a Mini 30 too, but this is the first rifle in this chambering I've actually owned. Somehow the .22-250AI got the nod when I was considering a .224" centerfire.

As it stands now, even at our inflated Canuck pricing the somewhat homely rifle was a bargain and with all the Campfire Kool Aid being poured about how they shoot I poured a tall glass and drank deeply.

We're overrun in our part of BC lately with our resident breed of your groundhog's cousin, the Yellow Bellied Marmot - but of course in their infinite wisdom the government outlawed shooting them on Crown land decades back when they were more scarce. crazy

The local vineyards, orchards and hay ranchers can legally shoot them on their land, but of course the marmots tend to overpopulate the areas where they don't get the treatment from the varminteers. Ah well, such is life I'm thinking.

Thanks again for the load data and shout out sir. All the best to you and yours this weekend.

Dwayne

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Im headed to the Great White North in a few days. Im thinking Kokanee, Molson Golden, and Labatts�.

Don't forget the moosehead. It's Canadian heineken

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Don't forget the moosehead. It's Canadian heineken

Dave;
Good morning to you sir, I hope this finds you and your fine family well. It's been too long since I've said hello to you, though I've been following your new shop's progress and wish you the best with it and the accompanying venture.

On the Moosehead comment, I think you're really on the money with your comparison to Heineken.

I don't take in a large quantity of suds typically and then only in summer, but don't mind a cold one when the outside temps here climb into the low 100's.

Anyway this year I've found that Moosehead is my current favorite - for my taste buds anyway Dave - and it's replaced Stella Artois for that position, but as I recall Heineken would be similar flavor too.

All the best to you and your fine family again Dave.

Dwayne

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I tried to find and buy some Moosehead here last week. Nada! cry

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
ingwe;
Good day to you sir, I trust other than being without the product brewed in St. John since 1918 that you're all doing well.

As you likely already know, our liquor laws are silly beyond reason, so you might be able to find Moosehead everywhere in Alberta like you can here in BC - or you might not.....

Have a grand trip either way ingwe. I look forward to seeing some photos of your adventures.

All the best to you and yours this weekend sir.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 07/26/14. Reason: wrong date that they moved to NB

Page 12 of 13 1 2 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (160user, 21, 007FJ, 2500HD, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 70 invisible), 2,598 guests, and 1,333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,090
Posts18,482,949
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.