Travis;
Greetings and salivations my southern friend, I trust things are - well �ber down there at 'Flave Precision and that this finds your family well too of course.

I thought I'd give you the short version of the report on what I believe is one of the first RPR's - Ruger Peasant Rifle - to make it north of the medicine line.

So to be clear to all here Travis, I DID NOT begin at the beginning with this rifle as I typically do. In an effort to see what it would do "out of the box", the only thing I did was reduce the trigger pull down to a bit over 3lbs - all it would let me - and mount a 6X Leupold that was laying about in the safe.

The fore end is pushing against the barrel with a modicum of enthusiasm and I really should have pulled out the rasp before shooting it - but did not.

Anyway it really doesn't love the only factory ammo that I found in the safe, the old white box 1988 vintage Olin 55gr ball. It chronographed out at 3320fps, but would only put 3 into 2�" at 100yds.

The load of 26gr of Varget with Remington primers and 60gr Mystery HP loaded to a COL of 2.272" so they'd fit in the magazine went into 1 1/16" and averaged 2910fps.

As mentioned I was playing with some WC845 I've got and a load of 22gr of it shot best going into 11/16" but only making 2700fps.

The really bright spot in the day however was some previous shooter donated about 180 once fired 5.56/.223 brass into the brass pail - along with a smattering of .308, 9mm and weird for up here .30 Carbine.

Oh, there were also five 7.5x55 Swiss brass in there too???
[Linked Image]

Anyway Travis, that's the RPR report from the northern front for this evening.

I'm going to take a rasp to the stock, perhaps even the inside as Mule Deer suggests, and see if I can locate some projectiles that have a known lineage rather than the Mystery 60gr HP.

The thing is begging for one of those magazine ends the 'Fire member is making too, as it doesn't appear I'm anywhere too close to the lands in order to fit the magazine.

Have a great weekend Travis and all the best to you and your fine family. �ber weekend I should have said - sorry.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 07/25/14. Reason: spell czech iz broken

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"