Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Hondo64d
Just scoped the wife's RAR .223 tonight. Was gonna be my truck gun but she quickly laid claim to it. Looking forward to shooting it tomorrow. Would be UBER cool if it shoots the same stuff I run through the AR (25gr Tac behind 68gr Hornady BTHP) acceptably well. Couldn't find any 75gr Amaxes yet so have a bunch of the 75gr BTHPs to try also.

Agree with you on the stock. Hope it shoots well in spite of it. Already emailed B&C encouraging them to pony up�

John

I bet it shoots everything well.

Travis

If only that were the case�

+/- 3" groups with everything I ran through it, mostly n the vertical. Firing pin hole definitely needs bushed. Cratered with everything, even mild loads and punched the primers on one of the heavier loads. Magazine box can't bind. Scope base holes cannot press on the barrel. Scope bases were torqued with Borka torque wrench as were rings, ring caps and action screws. The only thing I can figure may be the limber stock and semi-hard rest. Put a knit cap on top of the rest to soften things up but did not help any.

Any other ideas?

John

What about headspace? Lots of possibilities here.

Just out of curiosity, have you measured the distance to the lands with several bullets? The RAR's have pretty short throats, which can be a good thing.

Don't have headspace gages but did check brass growth at the shoulder after firing. Almost no growth. Checked distance to lands with 68gr Hornady BTHP and 75gr both. Loaded both just to kiss the lands. Attempted the KFPRO method, but nothing came together. My AR put 10 of the same load in about 1 MOA. For sure though, I get higher velocities from the 18" Ruger than the 18" AR.

Firing pin hole is obviously oversized. Cratering even with loads pushing 68s at < 2700� Tempted to send to Gretan but should probably just send back to Ruger.

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14