shortactionsmoker;
Thanks so much for the fine photo and load info sir, I do appreciate it very much.

Somewhere in the dim past I loaded a wee bit for a Mini 14 in .223- well and a Mini 30 too, but this is the first rifle in this chambering I've actually owned. Somehow the .22-250AI got the nod when I was considering a .224" centerfire.

As it stands now, even at our inflated Canuck pricing the somewhat homely rifle was a bargain and with all the Campfire Kool Aid being poured about how they shoot I poured a tall glass and drank deeply.

We're overrun in our part of BC lately with our resident breed of your groundhog's cousin, the Yellow Bellied Marmot - but of course in their infinite wisdom the government outlawed shooting them on Crown land decades back when they were more scarce. crazy

The local vineyards, orchards and hay ranchers can legally shoot them on their land, but of course the marmots tend to overpopulate the areas where they don't get the treatment from the varminteers. Ah well, such is life I'm thinking.

Thanks again for the load data and shout out sir. All the best to you and yours this weekend.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"