Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
During my last year on active duty I was selected as a juror on a General Courts Martial.

A 1stSgt was on trial. I won't go into the sordid details of his crimes, but suffice to say he went waaay off the reservation, in the area of abuse the special trust and confidence he was entrusted with.

He went from denial during the prosecution phase, to a blubbering, begging idiot during the penalty phase.

A jury of his peers had little sympathy on him. We gave him 2 years in the brig, reduction to the rank of Private, forfeiture of all retirement and other entitlements, and a Dishonorable Discharge. We felt we went easy on him, but we were guided by the UCMJ in our decisions.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
During my last year on active duty I was selected as a juror on a General Courts Martial.

A 1stSgt was on trial. I won't go into the sordid details of his crimes, but suffice to say he went waaay off the reservation, in the area of abuse the special trust and confidence he was entrusted with.

He went from denial during the prosecution phase, to a blubbering, begging idiot during the penalty phase.

A jury of his peers had little sympathy on him. We gave him 2 years in the brig, reduction to the rank of Private, forfeiture of all retirement and other entitlements, and a Dishonorable Discharge. We felt we went easy on him, but we were guided by the UCMJ in our decisions.

That is sad at many levels. Would be a hard one to be a part of. But, good on ya for carrying out your duty when called to do so.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
The only thing found sad about it was this dude had a wife and children. He didn't even tell them he was in trouble, and going GCM. He thought he was going to beat the charges and they would never know.

And the things he did to a junior enlisted Marine in his charge, were appalling.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by safariman
Might be quite the drag, but if it was ME with my life or livlihood and citizens rights on the line, I would want persons like me to step up and serve, so I will if called to.

SWEET! This might mean a short fender/fat rear tire kit for my hot Rod Harley Sportster if the trial or whatever lasts a week or more grin

You're such a fu(kin hypocrite.

Always has to be "about you" or something in it "for you" doesn't it?

You should be in DC.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I got a federal jury summons once. Was really kind of looking forward to it.

But i got beat out in the selection process by some unemployed minorities.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

Holy fuggin' schitty.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
i am wrapping up a two year stint in grand jury duty this fall. was supposed to be one year and then got extended for six months twice.

very interesting and sometimes even fun. big learning experience. kinda neat really.

good luck with it.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
i am wrapping up a two year stint in grand jury duty this fall. was supposed to be one year and then got extended for six months twice.

very interesting and sometimes even fun. big learning experience. kinda neat really.

good luck with it.

Thank you, we shall see how it goes with selection etc.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Originally Posted by eyeball
Yeah Mark, they find out you shoot deer and bear, I'm betting your ass is out of there. wink

I had better not let the prosecutors team see my bumper stickers!

One says "VISUALIZE No Liberals" and the other says "Only good guys with guns, stop bad guys with guns"

Another good reason to take the bike if I am able.

Where to you place those bumper stickers on a motorcycle, where anyone could read them? I mean, isn't the point to read them in traffic? Just curious.

M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
if you get picked don't count on ANYTHING getting you out of it. they literally will hunt your ass down with federal marshals if you don't show lol

IC B3

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
if you get picked don't count on ANYTHING getting you out of it. they literally will hunt your ass down with federal marshals if you don't show lol

Unless he is doing a dyno test on the super go fast Harley... Oh word advice for the OP don't take your pistol into a federal courthouse.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I did not know they would ask about medical conditions. We shall see.

Just lie about it if they ask.
Lying shouldn't be a problem for a good Christian like yourself when there's some new Harley parts on the line.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tommyd53

Yeah Mark, they find out you shoot deer and bear, I'm betting your ass is out of there. wink

I had better not let the prosecutors team see my bumper stickers!

One says "VISUALIZE No Liberals" and the other says "Only good guys with guns, stop bad guys with guns"

Another good reason to take the bike if I am able.

Where to you place those bumper stickers on a motorcycle, where anyone could read them? I mean, isn't the point to read them in traffic? Just curious.

The bumper stickers are on my pickup truck. I will most likely have to take that up there. Last time I tried to ride the MC to Spkane I had to stop a lot, and was laid up for a while afterwards. By the time this actually gets going, weather will probably be a factor as well. I do not ride in the rain or other bad conditions.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah Mark, they find out you ass shoot deer and bear, I'm betting you're out of there. wink

Fixed it.

This is too easy.

Talk about a target rich environment.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by derby_dude
I try never to serve. I've found ways out of it so far.

What a fugging surprise.

Travis

Proof that prayers are answered.

I believe in jury nullification and I REFUSE to rubber stamp the judge or prosecuting attorney. After all, this is not justice it's just acting and if an academy type award was awarded best actor either the defense or prosecutor would win although I've seen judges put on a pretty good performance too.

Now if this was a justice system instead of a legal system that would be one thing but it's not and I have better things to do with my time than play juror.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by bea175
They ask me and i told them since i was taking Beta Blockers , that if i sit for any period of time i can't stay awake, they told me to go home and i would be placed on a list to never be called again for jury duty. Dam that made me happy.

I doubt he will fess up he sees a big payday if he is selected.

Jury duty has never been a big payday for me. Lucky if I got gas money.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Yup, they'll drag you out of the hospital or dig up your corpse.

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 79S
Oh word advice for the OP don't take your pistol into a federal courthouse.

What if an old sign in a gun-store says it's okay?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
TFF!

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by 79S
Oh word advice for the OP don't take your pistol into a federal courthouse.

What if an old sign in a gun-store says it's okay?

Only if its from a illinois gun-store

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

507 members (219 Wasp, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 222Sako, 1badf350, 19rabbit52, 49 invisible), 3,223 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,731
Posts18,535,099
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.