Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
TRH is a hoax...

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
I can see that I've provoked a great deal of anger by asking this question. I was actually just interested in cogent counterpoints to the economics argument Keiser was making. What is it, exactly, that makes you all so touchy about this topic in particular? Do you folks work for the industry? Have stock in it?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I can see that I've provoked a great deal of anger by asking this question. I was actually just interested in cogent counterpoints to the economics argument Keiser was making. What is it, exactly, that makes you all so touchy about this topic in particular?

cause if you had one iota of sense you would know the whole idea is stupid.....but cause you lack the ability for critical thinking it seems to you to make sense.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm not touchy about it. I don't even mind you asking...

I just think most folks would rather believe the spin that's put on something, rather than check it out for themselves.

FWIW, it's pretty hard to fool petroleum engineers, geologists, and more importantly...the guy that writes the checks into a $2M frack job on a well, if it doesn't work and return their money post haste.

It would be even harder to fool them all a second time. Not to mention thousands of times.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I'm not touchy about it. I don't even mind you asking...

I just think most folks would rather believe the spin that's put on something, rather than check it out for themselves.

FWIW, it's pretty hard to fool petroleum engineers, geologists, and more importantly...the guy that writes the checks into a $2M frack job on a well, if it doesn't work and return their money post haste.

It would be even harder to fool them all a second time. Not to mention thousands of times.
As they say, why reinvent the wheel? I figured we had some smart folks here at the Fire who could provide the counterpoints to what the man was saying. I'd never heard that particular argument from an economics standpoint before on this particular subject. On its face, unless the man's making stuff up, it seems compelling. I did get one such response, which I was appreciative of.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eh76
TRH is a hoax...

Define hoax Keith. I gotsta know... smile

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
full of chit on every topic.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Three years ago I rode my motorcycle from one end to other on Rt6 east to west in Pa.
Only time i've seen that many Texas and Alberta license plates was when I was actually in, either Tx or Ab.
Drilling rigs,dump trucks,tanker trucks,seismic trucks.and lots and lots of white pickup trucks.Every hotel and eatery was full.
I had made that same trip back in 2006 and the activity level from 06 to 2011 was just off the charts.

A guy I shoot with is a oil field engineer with 48 wells in north central Pa. under his supervision.Hes been at it for 30 years.I asked him the difference in technology between now and back in the 80s.
He says its night and day.
Production is up.
Bigtime.

dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eh76
full of chit on every topic.

Even on topics that are about being full of chit?

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I can see that I've provoked a great deal of anger by asking this question. I was actually just interested in cogent counterpoints to the economics argument Keiser was making. What is it, exactly, that makes you all so touchy about this topic in particular? Do you folks work for the industry? Have stock in it?

This thread is full of cogent counterpoints to the economics arguments Keiser was making.
Full of ground truth.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just a question, wouldn't you expect a short term loss for a long term gain?

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Armednfree
But the question being raised regards the extent to which the proposed long term gains may be illusory, a product of billions of dollars in Federal tax subsidies and near zero interest rates. Also, how many years of production do each of these wells, once drilled, provide? Some sources I've read say five years is average. Not much of a "long term" potential for making up losses in that, if true.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
If you are going to ignore the fact that it works, and worry about length of use, never mind that wells fracked here in the 70s are still producing today, and worry about if they are working the system, then IMHO its time to stop.

I work the system the best I can each year.

Anyone that doesn't is a fool. IMHO.

You take any advantage you can to keep as much money/make as much money as you can and "get away with it".

You and I and large companies are just on different scales so to speak.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Armednfree
But the question being raised regards the extent to which the proposed long term gains may be illusory, a product of billions of dollars in Federal tax subsidies and near zero interest rates. Also, how many years of production do each of these wells, once drilled, provide? Some sources I've read say five years is average. Not much of a "long term" potential for making up losses in that, if true.

Increased production of oil varies in time by the geological area.

Some hard rock areas that have been fracked will offer longer times in increased production. Some shale areas are shorter.

In the case of shale, once the well has diminished, the rig can come back to the pad, go down the hole and drill horizontally in another direction, frack that area, and enjoy the same return they had from the original production.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You look up fracing yet TRH?

About a 1/3 cost of a productive well cost.
From leasing the land to production.

Why did that old boy just pick on the fracing part?
What about the drilling part?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Wtxj
"Fracing" searches get redirected to "fracking."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Yeah. Fracing is the correct term. But Fracking has become the new "Kleenex" of facial tissues. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Yeah. Fracing is the correct term. But Fracking has become the new "Kleenex" of facial tissues. wink

We forgive him, poeple from fl. don't know proper oil terms just what MSM does. Sorry TRH, shouldn't have sent you to Wiki.
https://www.rigzone.com/training/insight.asp?insight_id=319&c_id=4

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Thanks, but I've been roughly familiar with the process for a while now.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good on the knowledge.
Now why is this old boy just picking on the fracturing part of the leasing to drilling to production of an oil or gas well?
Fracing is just one part of many in the process and expense of a producing well.

Oh, I know the MSM has made it a hot topic so it's bad. Only way to make the news for this guy. Pick a hot topic and go with it.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

271 members (219 Wasp, 2five7, 1lessdog, 29aholic, 1_deuce, 01Foreman400, 39 invisible), 2,295 guests, and 1,170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,206
Posts18,503,822
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.