Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Interesting video, but they guy makes some silly claims. Still the numbers aren't adding up, but my first observation is that it's just one set of numbers; and obviously that doesn't tell the story.

I'm sure all these companies are just lining up and slitting each other's throats so they can lose billions; we see that all the time in private industry.

Seriously, there's another side to the story.

Huh?
Yep, he stepped over a line, there, didn't he? grin

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Didn't realize there was such a strong orthodoxy on this issue here at the Fire. It's been educational. Questioning even the economics of it generates as much anger as questioning our nation's subservience to Israeli objectives in the Middle East. Quite a hot potato.

Some of us don't care the questioning part, but when how many that have been around it for years tell you its part of the formula, as much so as building a house but not putting wires in the walls, then putting in receptacles and switches and light fixtures, then connecting power to your electrical panel, but wondering why you have no lights(oil) well lets just say, what more can you say....

I like Israel and its people. Have nothing against Jews either.

Dont' much care for radical muslims though.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Interesting video, but they guy makes some silly claims. Still the numbers aren't adding up, but my first observation is that it's just one set of numbers; and obviously that doesn't tell the story.

I'm sure all these companies are just lining up and slitting each other's throats so they can lose billions; we see that all the time in private industry.

Huh?

No, he was incomprehensible.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is Hawk's World a Hoax?

GMAFB.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Huh?

he is coming to the parrots defense.....if anyone else had posted it he would be on the other side of the argument....he defends TRH even if it gets to the point he has to look like an idiot to stay on TRH side of the argument....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I read the first paragraph as Kevin stating the guy is deliberately misrepresenting the issue by only offering up part of the story.

The second is facetious.

The third is a conclusion.

That's my take anyway.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
We have oil and gas because of fracking. Without fracking gas would $8.00 to $10.00 gallon

Lol. Hyperbole much?

JFC.

According the to the engineers and scientists working the fields. Without fracking the supply of oil would be way down while demand would be up. Fracking has allowed the supply of oil to be awash. Hence, the price of oil is to stay in the $3.50 a gallon range. More new refineries are starting to come on line.

Coal fired power plants' changeover to nat gas ain't all regulation related either. The economics of fracking have made this possible and the future projected costs of nat gas is that it will be down for some long while due to ample and growing supply.

Then, there's also the move toward nat gas powered 18 wheelers where, presently, 75% of diesel from imported oil goes to.

The cost of fracking is getting cheaper with each well drilled due to economies of scale and greater understanding of the various shale formations and the best methods. All shales are not created equal.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Is Hawk's World a Hoax?

GMAFB.

In Hawks's defense, he just threw it out there for discussion.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Is Hawk's World a Hoax?

GMAFB.

In Hawks's defense, he just threw it out there for discussion.

If his postings in the past are any indication of why he threw it out there then this was for anything but a discussion.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
YMMV, hw.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

There's scant little of what could be correctly termed "private industry" left in the United States. Most industries are in bed with government/banking to one extent or another, thus the capacity to generate revenue for the participants absent real profits. The general public takes up the slack with inflation and taxation.

The oil/gas industry is a commodities business that generates new wealth. We in Montana know that to be fact.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

That's what happens when one walks on eggshells while trying to communicate his thoughts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That's what happens when one walks on eggshells while trying to communicate his thoughts.

I see you've avoided my question. What facts and citations to you want/need and will you accept to debunk the horsechit you posted originally?

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Are you trying to say something?
Is it possible that there's something pertinent to the discussion that you started? If so, say it.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

I see you've avoided my question. What facts and citations to you want/need and will you accept to debunk the horsechit you posted originally?
So far, one poster here contributed some cogent thoughts about what I posted (which was an economics question, not a technological one). He said it would require opening up some company accounting ledgers to analyze it fully. That seemed to me a perfectly valid response.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Why would the one guy that said have to look at the books be the best answer?

I mean folks here have told you how the process works, that its required etc... and that it increases production rates and lenght of production.

To continue to question it beyond that, would be meaning you'd have to question about any process any company does to make money.

WTF, if they found a way to finance it such that it makes it even more profitable for them, then I"d say they doubled their goal in many ways.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Didn't realize there was such a strong orthodoxy on this issue here at the Fire. It's been educational. Questioning even the economics of it generates as much anger as questioning our nation's subservience to Israeli objectives in the Middle East. Quite a hot potato.

Are you really this ignorant?

What level of citation and evidence do you require to debunk a completely baseless hack whom you cited in the beginning?

I guess I didn't lay the sarcasm on thick enough. My point is that the numbers are clearly cherry picked, and all they tell is income vs. outgoing; nothing else. Could the difference be that Fracking is turning out to a be a very profitable business, so they're all expanding like a wildfire in an effort to make even more money?

And private businesses aren't exactly lining up to lose money. The hosts statement of "it's based on the budget" is the most ignorant business statement I've ever heard.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So far, one poster here contributed some cogent thoughts about what I posted (which was an economics question, not a technological one). He said it would require opening up some company accounting ledgers to analyze it fully. That seemed to me a perfectly valid response.

I think that you have been caught in a little lie here Chris.
You must have said many times that this is purely an economical question.Lets have a look.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

keep digging your gonna hit China before long....damn man, it is a technology question.....only way it would be an economics question is if the technology didnt work....it works, that is why they do it to increase production to make more money....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Would you care to answer my question? What facts/citations do you need/want and will you accept to debunk that horsechit you originally posted?

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

474 members (1minute, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 52 invisible), 2,129 guests, and 1,116 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,279
Posts18,505,096
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.