Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
So far, one poster here contributed some cogent thoughts about what I posted (which was an economics question, not a technological one). He said it would require opening up some company accounting ledgers to analyze it fully. That seemed to me a perfectly valid response.

Would you care to answer my question? What facts/citations do you need/want and will you accept to debunk that horsechit you originally posted?
I think the poster I referenced above had it right. What we'd need isn't accessible.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
So far, one poster here contributed some cogent thoughts about what I posted (which was an economics question, not a technological one). He said it would require opening up some company accounting ledgers to analyze it fully. That seemed to me a perfectly valid response.

Would you care to answer my question? What facts/citations do you need/want and will you accept to debunk that horsechit you originally posted?
I think the poster I referenced above had it right. What we'd need isn't accessible.

Well, in that case, feel free to spew any kind of nonsense.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

The following in required to analyze any publicly traded corporation.

You would need to understand GAAP, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.

SEC accounting principles.

IRS accounting principles.

For international companies you would also need to understand, international accounting principles and every country's GAAP, plus every country's version of SEC accounting principles and revenue collecting accounting principles.

There are international forensic accountants trained in this field who usually have a doctor's degree in accounting that understand this stuff which the clown you posted doesn't have.

Oh and I almost forgot the publicly traded LLPs that all oil and gas companies form to spread the cost and the wealth.

This is not an easy field to understand by the lay person.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Wrong. You've never stated what facts/citations you want/ need or will accept.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You don't need to analyze a publicly traded O&G operator. There are loads of independents that do the exact same thing, including fracing, that the big boys do. It ain't rocket science anymore. Thanks to modern tracing techniques, directional drilling, $80+/bbl oil, dry holes are rare here in the Basin.

Use this as a ballpark, but it won't be far off:
$6M cash outlay "to the tanks"
100bbls oil daily
75bbls net to operator/producer
$7500 per day income, not including nat gas, so ballpark it at $8000 per day income
= $2,920,000 annually
2 year payout

There are just as many, and likely many more new wells making 300-2000 bbls/day than 100 bbls/day, but you guys do the math.

563 drilling rigs currently running here in the Permian.
They aren't stupid.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JGRaider
You don't need to analyze a publicly traded O&G operator. There are loads of independents that do the exact same thing, including fracing, that the big boys do. It ain't rocket science anymore. Thanks to modern tracing techniques, directional drilling, $80+/bbl oil, dry holes are rare here in the Basin.

Use this as a ballpark, but it won't be far off:
$6M cash outlay "to the tanks"
100bbls oil daily
75bbls net to operator/producer
$7500 per day income, not including nat gas, so ballpark it at $8000 per day income
= $2,920,000 annually
2 year payout

There are just as many, and likely many more new wells making 300-2000 bbls/day than 100 bbls/day, but you guys do the math.

563 drilling rigs currently running here in the Permian.
They aren't stupid.

no no no all the oil is pulled out of the ground by big multinational companies, they control everything smirk

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

Wrong. You've never stated what facts/citations you want/ need or will accept.
I can see this topic is a very emotional one for you.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not emotional at all. I don't have a dog in the fight. I do, however, know that it isn't a hoax and that is easily proven.

You cannot or will not provide a straight answer nor what you need/want/will accept as evidence. That is rather telling.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Not emotional at all. I don't have a dog in the fight. I do, however, know that it isn't a hoax and that is easily proven.

You cannot or will not provide a straight answer nor what you need/want/will accept as evidence. That is rather telling.
You feel that I've not answered your question as you'd like. That must be very frustrating.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can see this topic is a very emotional one for you.

I thought that you stuck to economic only on this topic.
Are you practicing up to be a Shade Tree Psychologist?

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You feel that I've not answered your question as you'd like. That must be very frustrating.

You have not answered it directly at all, and continue to obfuscate. That is a typical ploy by political hacks when they are out of their league and want to make a point in contradiction of facts. I'm not frustrated at all; and I am certainly not afraid of facts as you certainly appear to be.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

You have not answered it directly at all, and continue to obfuscate. That is a typical ploy by political hacks when they are out of their league and want to make a point in contradiction of facts. I'm not frustrated at all; and I am certainly not afraid of facts as you certainly appear to be.
I actually posted in search of a very specific set of facts, i.e., those that might either confirm or refute the argument made by Keiser. I'm sorry you've misunderstood my purpose.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I actually posted in search of a very specific set of facts, i.e., those that might either confirm or refute the argument made by Keiser. I'm sorry you've misunderstood my purpose.

You continue to avoid answering the question. What facts/citations would you need/want or accept (I suspect the latter is more important than the former if you believe that hack in the first place)? I doubt you'd accept anything .gov or .com. What about .edu or .org? Domestic and/or foreign? Any other restrictions/qualifications? That's about as plain as I can make the question.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you, Sir, are wasting your time.

As evidensed in the "Holocaust didn't happen" thread, when handed his ass, TRH resorted to "I'm Mr. thread moderator", and simply bantered for rebuttals and whatnot to his assigned direction.

If you are expecting to engage in a discussion guided by someone else, you are mistaken.

He will not engage in someone else's guided debate, because he knows the ass handing will be dished out, once again.

He finds it hard to look his dog in the face under those circumstances.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
You continue to avoid answering the question. What facts/citations would you need/want or accept (I suspect the latter is more important than the former if you believe that hack in the first place)? I doubt you'd accept anything .gov or .com. What about .edu or .org? Domestic and/or foreign? Any other restrictions/qualifications? That's about as plain as I can make the question.
I was hoping for cogent responses to Keiser's economic argument. Nothing more. So far, I've received one response that was on point.

I'm not sure how I can make that any clearer. If you don't have that, why do you feel compelled to post?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It's pavlovian, much like when discussing Jewish swindles. grin

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
It's pavlovian, much like when discussing Jewish swindles. grin
laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have it and can provide it. I asked what you wanted/needed and will accept. You refuse to answer that question. It appears that there can be only two reasons for that: 1) you don.'to understand the subject enough to even know what you want or need, and/or 2) you won't believe or won't accept anything that dispels the crap spewed by that hack (and obviously the lies you have convinced yourself to believe).

You don't want facts, and you don't want discussion. You want to believe in a conspiracy that doesn't exist becomes it confirms to your worldview. Have fun with that and the mental masturbation that stems from the same.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
I have it and can provide it. I asked what you wanted/needed and will accept. You refuse to answer that question. It appears that there can be only two reasons for that: 1) you don.'to understand the subject enough to even know what you want or need, and/or 2) you won't believe or won't accept anything that dispels the crap spewed by that hack (and obviously the lies you have convinced yourself to believe).

You don't want facts, and you don't want discussion. You want to believe in a conspiracy that doesn't exist becomes it confirms to your worldview. Have fun with that and the mental masturbation that stems from the same.
I'm afraid you're mistaken. I don't have a dog in this fight either. You're making a huge and unfounded assumption that I'm "all in" with the Keiser position. I only said that I found it compelling, assuming the facts he laid out were accurate.

PS Your question No. 1 makes little sense to me, since all I've asked for was a refutation. That can take a multitude of forms, not just one that I can imagine in advance. I've given you one example already of a response that I found cogent. What made it cogent was that it first established that the answerer understood the issue in question, and then responded that the information needed to refute (or confirm) it isn't generally available.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Here's a hint: his facts are as inaccurate as Hussein Obama's "facts" on essentially any issue.

You found it compelling because you want to believe in any conspiracy that comes down the pike.

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (BlackHunter, blackhawk44, brianmac, 01Foreman400, Big1bud, 11 invisible), 1,403 guests, and 755 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,207
Posts18,503,873
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.