Hop To
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 4ager
Here's a hint: his facts are as inaccurate as Hussein Obama's "facts" on essentially any issue.

You found it compelling because you want to believe in any conspiracy that comes down the pike.
Did he mention a conspiracy?? I must have missed that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He didn't; you did.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
He didn't; you did.
OK.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Exactly.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Exactly.
Have a nice evening.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
There is, assuredly, a Hoax participant in this discussion.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
There is, assuredly, a Hoax participant in this discussion.
I rarely if ever have a problem with 4ager. Something about this topic tweaked his nose, is all.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
You do sometime have that effect on folks, Hawk. grins.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
You do sometime have that effect on folks, Hawk. grins.
laugh Not intentionally.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I joined this forum to respond to this thread. The referenced economic expert is simply ignorant of what hydraulic fracturing is and why it is done. I will try to explain with facts. I have spent my entire adult life producing oil and gas in the gulf of mexico.
Oil and gas is trapped in rocks beneath a layer of some kind of impermeable layer of rock. It isn't in a cave or void in the ground. For oil and gas to be recoverable, the rock it is in must be permeable. It means that oil and gas can flow through the rock.
When a well is drilled into oil and gas bearing rock it must have a way for the hydrocarbons to move toward the well bore.
Fracking is simply making cracks in the rock to improve the flow toward the well bore. Fracking has been a routine part of well completions for 50 years.
The best new fields in the US that are currently being developed are in shale. Shale has very low permeability, without cracks in it almost no oil and gas will flow to the well bore. No oil means no money.
I work in deep water in the gulf. The cost of frack packing a well is a fraction of the total cost. But it enhances the flow rate and protects the wellbore from collapse.
If the referenced expert knew what he was talking about he would have said " Only a fool, would spend the money to drill an oil or gas well in tight rock like shale and not frack it."
This is a simplistic explanation and is true.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Explaining the process of fracking doesn't address Keiser's economic argument, but thanks for contributing and welcome.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Welcome to the site Hogwild.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like the simplicity of your summation.

Originally Posted by Hogwild7
I joined this forum to respond to this thread.

Don't know how long you have been lurking before joining, but if you have any amount of expertise, prepare to have it challenged in sometimes the most heinous ways.

you will need these:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You guys might as well beat your head against the wall it will give you the same head ache as conversing with the real dove eye...

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just laugh at TRH. We have a guy on Russian TV talking about the expense of fracing a well, a small but needed part of the well. Just laugh cause it doesn't matter what the answer is he will find something that doesn't meet his standard.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Wtxj
I just laugh at TRH. We have a guy on Russian TV talking about the expense of fracing a well, a small but needed part of the well. Just laugh cause it doesn't matter what the answer is he will find something that doesn't meet his standard.

I'm not sure what you're not understanding. I already know the process is technologically feasible. It's been proven that for decades. I'm not, therefore, looking for explanations of the process.

Keiser made an argument based on economics. If you don't have a refutation of that argument, there's no reason for you to respond to this thread. Not to say you can't. Just that any other kind of response will be off-point.

So far, there's been one on-point response, but even he admitted that it fell short of a refutation, but made a very good explanation as to why.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
you are always off point...so what's your point?

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Wtxj

I'm not sure what you're not understanding. I already know the process is technologically feasible. It's been proven that for decades. I'm not, therefore, looking for explanations of the process.

Keiser made an argument based on economics. If you don't have a refutation of that argument, there's no reason for you to respond to this thread. Not to say you can't. Just that any other kind of response will be off-point.

So far, there's been one on-point response, but even he admitted that it fell short of a refutation, but made a very good explanation as to why.

Just laughing away.
Is laughing at you off point?
Your one on point is your backer.
Without the tech, you have no expense.
A house without wires will work, but with wires shelters in a better way. That was talked about way up in the thread.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
I joined this forum to respond to this thread. The referenced economic expert is simply ignorant of what hydraulic fracturing is and why it is done. I will try to explain with facts. I have spent my entire adult life producing oil and gas in the gulf of mexico.
Oil and gas is trapped in rocks beneath a layer of some kind of impermeable layer of rock. It isn't in a cave or void in the ground. For oil and gas to be recoverable, the rock it is in must be permeable. It means that oil and gas can flow through the rock.
When a well is drilled into oil and gas bearing rock it must have a way for the hydrocarbons to move toward the well bore.
Fracking is simply making cracks in the rock to improve the flow toward the well bore. Fracking has been a routine part of well completions for 50 years.
The best new fields in the US that are currently being developed are in shale. Shale has very low permeability, without cracks in it almost no oil and gas will flow to the well bore. No oil means no money.
I work in deep water in the gulf. The cost of frack packing a well is a fraction of the total cost. But it enhances the flow rate and protects the wellbore from collapse.
If the referenced expert knew what he was talking about he would have said " Only a fool, would spend the money to drill an oil or gas well in tight rock like shale and not frack it."
This is a simplistic explanation and is true.

The problem is your dealing with people who's skulls are less permeable than shale.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
suffering out here today, can you believe what they force us to eat out here.

[Linked Image]

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,306 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,393
Posts18,488,781
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.